Spotify has become one of the fastest growing music apps in the world and has recently been launched in many new countries. Spotify offers a very convenient feature where people can add their friends in order to check what they listen to. This article discusses the ways in which you can find friends on Spotify.
How to Find Friends on Spotify without Facebook?
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/) is a popular social media website, but a lot of people abstain from it for various reasons but you may wish to add such friends to Spotify. Luckily, there is a way to add people who are not on Facebook to Spotify.
- To find someone on Spotify you can just simply search for their name in the search bar and scroll through to the list of results to find the person that you wish to add.
- This technique may fail if that person’s name is fairly common or if a lot of search results come up which may be impossible to look through.
- In such a case, it becomes easier if you know the username of the person you wish to add as you can search for that person using their username.
- If you want to add someone whose username you know, you can enter ‘Spotify: user: username’ in the search bar while ensuring that the username is in lowercase.
How to Find Friends on Spotify through Contacts?
Finding people who are not on Facebook and whose username you don’t know can be a tedious process. In this section, we bring you ways in which you can add your contacts to Spotify.
- You can ask your contact to share a playlist they made. They can right click on the name of the playlist and click on ‘Copy Playlist URL’ and then send you this URL through any means.
- Once you get the URL, click on it and open it through Spotify. Then you can click on the username below the Playlist name and him/her from there.
- Apart from this, there is no direct way to sync your contacts to your Spotify account. The only other option is to search for your contact using the search feature.
How to Find Friends on Spotify Facebook?
Facebook is one of the most popular social networking websites on this planet and luckily Spotify allows you to link both together. This means that you can add your Facebook friends to your Spotify easily.
- Open the Spotify app and click on ‘Preferences’. Once this done, go to the social option and then click on ‘Facebook’ and chose ‘Connect to Facebook’.
- The aforementioned procedure will allow you to sync your Facebook friends to your Spotify and listen to what they are listening.
- You can take it one step further by going to ‘Activity’ and Selecting ‘People to Follow’. You can then click on ‘View All’ to find all Facebook friends on Spotify.
- Sometimes, this may not work and in such a case you need to delete the Spotify App and delete Spotify from your Facebook account and then reinstall Spotify and add Facebook.
- You don’t need to follow every one of your Facebook friends on Spotify. After syncing both the platforms, you can manually choose which friends to follow and which not to.
Try to ask your friends their Spotify username as this will make the whole process of adding them without Facebook a whole lot easier.
How do I find friends on Spotify app?
- Open Spotify app on your iPhone or Android and tap on the search option.
- Type in the username of the desired person in this way – Spotify:user: username and give it a go.
- If the username is correct, you’ll see your friend’s profile on the screen.
How do I find someone’s profile on Spotify?
How do you add friends on Spotify?
How do I find friends on Spotify without Facebook?
Add people/friends without facebook accounts