Spotify allows you to enjoy, chat and listen to music with your friends together. You can have a hard time finding people on it though. So here is how to do it.
- How to Find Someone on Spotify?
Spotify is the popular music streaming service that offers a lot of things, right from allowing users to chat, voice conversations and listen to music together. But, when you have to do that, how do you find someone on Spotify (https://www.spotify.com/) after all?
- It turns out that Spotify’s UI frameworks are designed to allow social media interactions within the platform just like anything else like Facebook. It means that every user of Spotify has a unique username too.
- First, you have to find the search-box in your app. It is usually at the top. On Spotify, you’ve to look for a user by their username, so you need to know that beforehand.
- Once you know that you have to enter ‘spotify: user:’. So, for example, you are looking for someone with username ‘abc’, you will type in the search box ‘spotify: user: abc’, and hit ‘Enter’.
- It is oddly complicated from any other platform here but with a little know-how, you can look for people with their unique username. However, to find the username of someone is a different thing altogether.
- Note that, a user’s display name and username are not the same. Meaning that you can change your display name several times, but your username stays the same.
- To find your username, you can click on your name on the upper-right corner and select ‘Account’ from the drop-down menu.
- A web browser window will open up with specifics on your account, subscription as well as your username. It is just a random string of alphabets or numbers assigned to each user.
- How to Find Friends Playlists on Spotify?
Here is a thread on Spotify community that speaks about the issue in depth. It appears that there are several factors why you might not be able to see someone’s playlist, for example, they have not made it public.
- The search box is the only place where you can look for anything, both a particular friend, and their playlist. To search for your friend, you can start typing their name in the search box, and Spotify will start showing you matching profiles under the heading users.
- When you start typing a name, Spotify will look for everything by that name in all categories such as ‘Top Hit’, ‘Tracks’, ‘Artists’, ‘Playlists’, and ‘Users’ under separate headings below the search bar.
- If you are already sure about the name of the playlist, just enter it in the search box and hit the return key.
- When you do that, you will get suggestions of the playlists as cover artwork, and you can also click on ‘See All’ to open it in a new window.
- To listen to someone else’s playlist, you have to tap on ‘Your Music’ in the right of the bottom menu, and then you’ll see a ‘User’ icon, and then tap on it and click on ‘Followers’ or ‘Following’ to find people.
- When you are not following them or they don’t follow you, you have to look for that particular user by method 1 above.
- How to Find Facebook Friends on Spotify?
Facebook is the de facto contact book to add and find your friends on Spotify. Now, you can integrate these two accounts to easily find all your friends who are on Spotify too. This allows you to view their activity like a new playlist they created and listen to it, text and voice chat with and more.
- On your mobile, whether iOS or Android, tap on your Spotify app, and launch it up. This is a green circle with the Wi-Fi like symbol inside it. ‘Log-In’ to your account if not already.
- At the bottom of the screen you have the ‘Magnifying Glass’ icon with the search bar, tap on it and your keyboard pops up. Type in your friend’s name as it appears on Spotify’s profile. Once you find them, just click on the ‘Heart’ icon to follow them. On the desktop app, this is the ‘Follow’ button which you click to start following them.
- When you want to add in bulk all your Facebook friends, and not one by one, you have to import the contacts from Facebook. Spotify offers two ways to ‘Log-In’. For this, you have to log into Spotify using your Facebook’s credentials.
- In your Spotify desktop app, click on ‘Follow’ option on the top-left column, and you have the same in the mobile app as well. When you tap on ‘Follow’, you will be redirected to the follow page. Then click or tap on ‘Find Friends’.
- When you’ve logged in through Facebook, you will see a whole list of your Facebook friends who are on Spotify. Now, you have to click on their profile name and hit the ‘Follow’ button right below their profile.
- How to Find Friends on Spotify without Facebook?
When you do not authorize Facebook or connect it with Spotify later, there is a limited way to find your friends without using Facebook. You have to follow the previous methods using their username or profile name and search for it in the search bar instead.
- To reiterate, there are a couple of methods by which you can find your friend without using Facebook. One is using method 1, by their username. You have to type in the search box this ‘spotify:user:username’.
- Kindly note that the username is always in lowercase letters. We had mentioned a way to find the username of your account in method 1, and ask others to see and tell you their username.
- Also, here is another way. To ask your friend for their username, ask them to visit the overview page (https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/) and tell you the series of alphabets or numbers.
- Here is another way of finding it from the playlist. For example, if you are viewing or listening to another user’s playlist, their username appears on the top of the page always. So, by clicking on their username, you can directly go to their profile.
- The username appears in various places, and not just in the playlist, and click on a username wherever it may appear will take you to their profile directly. Then, you can click or tap on the ‘Follow’ button to add them to your friend list.
- How to Find Podcasts on Spotify?
Podcasts are supported on Spotify and can be searched through various genres from this (https://open.spotify.com/genre/podcasts-page) page. This is their web player version. To find a particular podcast, you must read this thread on Spotify community support.
- In a most recent update, it appears that Spotify has introduced a feature called ‘Shows’ where a new section called podcasts and TV shows are listed.
- You must update your app to the most recent version to check for this new feature. Click on ‘Browse’, and then click on ‘Shows’. Currently, Spotify has over hundreds of audio-only shows, which care called as podcasts.
- If you are a Spotify Premium user, you may have a different way to get there. It appears that Spotify is working on separating the podcast and music libraries for Premium users, making it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- You should be able to find them via episodes, downloads, and shows. The shows will help people find podcasts and explore new.
- On your mobile phone, you can do this. Just launch the app, and make sure you are logged into your Spotify app, and then tap on ‘Search’, and then search for the podcast by name or genre. If you do not find your result, tap on ‘See All Podcast’ at the bottom of the page.
- Then tap on a podcast to learn more about it, and tap on the ‘Follow’ button when you find something you like. It is right under the title of the podcast. Once you’re done, the button should change to following.
- Then, you can go to your library at your library and podcast to view all the podcasts you are following on Spotify.
- How to Find a Playlist on Spotify?
To find a friend’s playlist on Spotify you have to look for your friend’s profile first. But, if you just wish to find a random playlist, then you have other options such as finding them by name. Here is an article on the search feature (https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/the_basics/search/) that we have been talking about in this article. It has several benefits.
- You can enter anything here in the box, for example, a song’s name, and any playlist associated with this track or similar tracks will be shown to you as a suggestion under the heading playlist.
- This does not require you be following them or them following you. So, it is a complete search on Spotify. However, there is also something called advanced search options.
- When you are doing an advanced search, you can look up music or a playlist by year, genre or label. It also allows you to exclude or filter results and even look for two things at once.
- To exclude or add terms or filters, you can make use of terms like ‘And’, ‘Or’ and ‘Not’. For example, if you are looking for ‘Kass’ and ‘Red’, it will show results for ‘Kass and Red’ when they are both presents in the search. Looking for ‘Metallica not Anger’ displays all Metallica songs without word anger.
- Next, there is an alternative to searching for a playlist on Spotify with the help of third-party websites. You can simply search for any playlist you want, particular one or by genre, mood, top hits of the 80s, and many curated playlists from their suggestions.
- These are a repository of playlists on Spotify allowing you an external interface to look for them online. Some websites also have their app dedicated to finding independent playlists, and even submit your own.
- How to Find Clean Music on Spotify?
Tracks that are marked as explicit are now marked as grayed out so that you can identify them. You can check the clean version of songs that are marked as explicit (https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/content-censor/) as per Spotify’s content filters.
- This is currently just available on desktop and web apps, and coming soon to mobile and tablet versions of their apps. Just go to your home, and tap on the ‘Gear’ icon to go to settings. Then tap on ‘Explicit Content’.
- Now, click on ‘Allow Explicit Content’ off which turns it gray. Now, tracks that have been marked as explicit on Spotify will be grayed out.
- This means that it is not possible to play them, and they are also skipped by the player when you are listening to some curated playlists.
- Note that this setting only applies to individual devices only and account. It means that if you had made this setting on your desktop app in your account, it does not reflect on your mobile app, and so on.
- Here is an article that show how songs have two versions, one is clean and other is explicit and sometimes many versions.
- Spotify is a popular music streaming service and finding friends, looking up their playlists, following them is all much easier with the latest updates.
- To find the best features like explicit content filters and podcasts, always use desktop apps and keep them updated to latest since they are the ones which receive the updates first.
Spotify offer’s their advanced search capabilities like using ‘And’, ‘Or’ and ‘Not’ logical operations to filter search results.
How do I find someone on Spotify?
- Go to the search bar on the desktop app or Spotify web player.
- Type the username of your buddy in this format – Spotify:user: username.
- At next, you’ll see your friend’s profile on the screen. From there, you can hit the follow button and can be Spotify friends.
How do you find a friend’s playlist on Spotify?
How do I find friends on Spotify without Facebook?
Add people/friends without facebook accounts
How do I listen to my friends Spotify?
Can I change my Spotify username?
Why is my Spotify username random?
Can people see your Spotify username?
How do I change my Spotify username 2021?
How do I choose my Spotify username 2020?
- Open the Spotify app on your mobile device/tablet.
- Tap “Your Library.”
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select your profile (“View Profile”).
- Tap “Edit Profile.”
- Tap your current display name.
- Change it to whatever you want.
- Tap “Save.”
What is my Spotify username?
Why is my username on Spotify numbers and letters?
How do I change my profile name?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Google. Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap Personal info.
- Under “Basic info,” tap Name Edit. . You may be asked to sign in.
- Enter your name, then tap Done.