Well, the current price of an American doll is around $1000. For that reason a lot of care is needed when handling the doll. You must ensure that the doll remains clean, fresh and frizzy free at all times. One thing that remains quite an issue is the hair. There is no way you are going to escape the frizzy hair after sometime. There is no cause to worry. We are going to provide you with guidelines on how to fix American doll hair.
- Get all your items in order
- Prepare all the materials needed to fix your dolls hair. This items include a brush or comb, fabric softener, masking tape, dish, and a towel.
- Pour fabric softener to a dish. At least ensure it gets to half way.
- Prepare the American doll to make sure she is ready for a cleanup session
- Ensure you cover her eyes with a masking tape. You really do not want to mess her up.
- Remove any hair accessories and clothes she might have. Take all these items to safer place far away from the washing area. This is because if you choose to clean the doll when these items are on you may end up damaging them.
- Cover your doll using a towel. The only areas of her body that should be exposed is her face and hair. That is the area of interest since the sole purpose of the exercise is covering her hair. You should avoid repeated cases of exposing American doll to moisture as this can cause mold damage.
- Get Down to work
- After you have completed preparing your doll it is time you get down to work. Position the doll in such a way that her hair is dangling on the dish containing the fabric.
- Ensure that all the hair is covered with the fabric softener. If for reason or the other there are areas of the hair not properly covered with the liquid then you can use a cap to pour additional softener in these areas.
- Using your fingers thoroughly detangle the dolls hair. This ensures you are able eliminate any stubborn knots. Be gentle when carrying out this exercise as excessive force will only complicate the process of detangling these knots. Do this repeatedly until you are completely satisfied that the dolls hair is completely detangled.
- Soak the doll hair for at least 20 minutes. You can as well choose to leave the doll soaked in the fabric softener overnight.
- Combing session
- After soaking the American doll for a stipulated time comb the hair out while the softener is still in place. In this case, the softener acts as a conditioner smoothing out and making any tangles loose on the doll’s hair.
- Wide toothed wig brush tends to work best in dealing with any tangles.
- Rinse out the hair. Once you are done with the combing session, it is time to rinse out the hair. This ensures you remove any traces of the softener on the hair.
- Remove all the softener through rinsing. This is because it might have adverse effects on the hair.
- Keep rinsing until you are 100% sure that no traces of softener are oozing from the dolls hair
- Never blow dry the doll’s hair.
- Once the hair is dry, use a comb to straighten the hair. We recommend that you use a fine tooth comb. It deals with any small tangles remaining. Also, brushing the hair helps in the drying process.
- After you are satisfied, dress up the American doll and have yourself momentous time with your doll.
Can you use fabric softener on American Girl hair?
How can I make my American Girl dolls hair soft again?
How do you fix frizzy doll hair with fabric softener?
- Step 1: Mix 1 part water to 1 part liquid softener.
- Step 2: Soak your doll’s hair in the mixture until thoroughly saturated.
- Step 3: Hold the head of the doll tightly to prevent hair loss.
- Step 4: Brush until you have removed the tangles.
Can fabric softener fix dolls hair?
Can you fix frizzy doll hair?
First, we combed all the knots out. Second, we boiled water, poured it into a shallow bowl, dipped the doll’s hair in, and combed it. Once the hair was all smoothed out, we towel dried it, combed it so it was laying the way wanted, and then let it dry.
How long do you soak dolls hair in fabric softener?
- A large, shallow dish or bowl.
- Liquid fabric softener.
- A wide tooth comb.
- Fresh water.
How do you make doll hair soft without fabric softener?
How do you fix ruined doll hair?
How do you soften doll hair with fabric softener?
How do you fix frizzy doll hair with boiling water?
How do you brush American Girl dolls hair curly?
- Mix a water and fabric softener solution.
- Allow the doll’s hair to soak in the solution for several minutes.
- Gently brush the doll’s hair.
- Rinse any remaining solution from the hair.
- Brush once more.
- Pat dry.
How do you fix greasy doll hair?
How do you get thick grease out of doll hair?
How do you get sticky doll hair off?
How do you remove greasy Blythe doll hair?
- Brush out and remove tangles in the greasy hair as best as possible.
- Optional: use boiling water to straighten the hair and let dry.
- Sprinkle baby powder generously on hair and brush through.
- Saturate hair with rubbing alcohol and brush through.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Repeat as needed.
Can you straighten Blythe doll hair?
How do you put hair on a Blythe doll?
How do you dye Blythe doll hair?
Ads by Google