After ‘Signing-Up’ for a Google account, you are automatically given 15GB of free space for your emails, media, and documents.
Here are other ways to get free drive storage.
How to Get Free Google Drive Storage with Chromebook?
If you own a Chromebook, you probably know that your device came with a free 100GB of free space. Here are a few steps you need to follow in order to redeem that free space for yourself.
- Go to the Google Chrome from your device and then navigate to the ‘http://www.google.com/chromebook/offers’ page in order to proceed any further.
- Here you will find the offer where you can redeem your 100GB free space. You will now have to scroll down to the Google Drive section.
- Here you will find other options including an option where you can use Google Play for free on your Chromebook for 90 days.
- Click on the ‘Redeem’ option and following the onscreen instructions, click on the ‘Allow’ button.
- You will be greeted with a victory message and you could start using Google Drive’s extra space for the next 2 years for free.
How to Get Free Unlimited Google Drive Storage?
The unlimited option for Google Drive storage is a package that is a part of the Google apps for education and is available for usage by the students and teachers.
- You will need your School or educational institution’s private email provided by Google.
- There are other hacks that you can employ to use as little space on Google Drive as possible.
- For instance, if you are using the Google platform’s documents like ‘Docs’, ‘Sheets’, and ‘Slides’, they will not get saved on the Drive.
- Now, if you share the photos from Google Photos as a link and save them to Google Docs, they are not occupying any practical space.
- Another intuitive method would be to create a folder in your Google Drive and share it with yourself or another account you might have access to. 5GB would be integrated into your account each time you do this.
How to Free-Up Your Google Drive?
The most productive way to get more space for newer, more important data in your Google Drive would be to clean up the junk from your drive right away.
- You get 15GB of free storage and would be charged $2 every month for an extra 100GB. To save that money, you should go through your drive and delete what you don’t need.
- Go to the ‘Drive Settings’ and then go to ‘Manage Apps’. Here you can delete the data the app occupies and stores which we don’t come across.
- You can compress the photos in the drive and in Google Photos to accommodate more of them. Even consider deleting a few, just in case.
- There are a few tedious ways in which one can get free storage or extra storage on Google Drive. The most convenient method, though, would be to buy the extra Google Drive space.
You can delete emails from the spam folder and even older emails and attachments if they no longer carry much meaning to you.
How do I increase my Google Drive storage for free?
- Do a Google Drive Storage Inventory.
- Upload Videos to YouTube.
- Use Google’s Own File Formats.
- Use Google Photos.
- Don’t Add Shared Files to Your Drive.
- Empty Google Drive Trash.
- Clean Up Gmail.
- Try a Duplicate File Finder.
How can I free Google Drive storage?
- Step 1: Find the problem. To find out what’s taking up so much space on your Google Drive, go to Google’s Drive storage page.
- Step 2: What counts toward your limit?
- Step 3: Clean up Drive.
- Step 4: Tackle your Google Photos.
- Step 5: Purge your Gmail.
How can I get Google 1 for free?
Is Google 1 worth it?
How can I get free OneDrive Storage 2020?
How can I get free unlimited storage?
- Google Drive. We lead off our list with Google Drive, which offers a whopping 15 GB of free cloud storage just for signing up for a Google account.
- Microsoft OneDrive.
- Amazon Drive.
- Apple iCloud.