You might use your iPhone for recording a song or an interview.
The app works well for access the features that you needHowever, after you are done recording, you would not want to delete itAlso, you might not want to keep it on your device since it takes up a lot of spaceIf you are wondering how to transfer your voice memos from the iPhone to Mac, here is a quick tutorial.
- Transfer through Email
The best way to transfer your voice memo from the phone to your Mac is through email. However, the only problem with this is that you will be able to transfer only one memo at one point in time. Hence, if you are planning on transferring several memos, repeat this process.
- First, you will have to launch the app of Voice Memo.
- Choose the memo that you would like to transfer.
- Tap on more or the three dot icon and opt for Share.
- You will get many options and you can choose to send this memo through the mail.
- The mail has the memo file, type the email address and send the mail.
- Syncing Memos with iTunes
Another simple way to transfer voice memos to your Mac is using iTunes. Connect the phone to iTunes. After this, you will not have to do much. The process is the same whether you are using a Mac or Windows.
Albeit it is simple to use, it can mess up the iTunes library. We assume that you are connecting the phone to your own iTunes account and that you will be syncing music in between iPhone and iTunes. The problem is that when you have songs on phone but on the library of your iTunes, the process is going to overwrite what is actually in your phone. This implies what’s on your phone will get deleted. Thus, make sure that the music which is on iTunes is the one that you want on your iPhone.
- Connect the iPhone to Mac.
- Open iTunes on Mac and choose the device at the top of the header.
- Opt for the option Music from the sidebar.
- Choose the option ‘Sync Music’ and select the option ‘Include Voice Memos for extracting the memos and loading it to iTunes app.
- Click on Apply for syncing the memos with your iPhone and downloading it on Mac.
When you are done syncing the memos, it is going to be transferred to be a certain category called Voice Memos. To find the voice memos on iTunes,
- Choose the icon of Music in iTunes and choose Playlist from the navigation bar.
- Now, you can play the voice memos from there. If you want, you can drag it and drop it on Mac’s desktop, share them through email, or put them in a folder.
In a Mac, you will find the voice memo in Users which is saved by your username, then Music, followed by iTunes, iTunes Media, and ultimately Voice Memos.