Get Photos from iCloud to iPhone
Get photos directly from iCloud to iPhone
- Tap on the grey-geared settings icon located on your home screen.
- When the “Settings” application opens, locate your Apple ID found at the top, open the “Settings” menu, and tap on it. If you had added a photo, you should see it appear next to your Apple ID.
- If you’re not yet signed in, you should do so by tapping on the “Sign in to Your iPhone”. After that, type in your Apple ID, followed by your password. Having done that, tap on the “Sign In” button. If your iPhone is using older versions of iOS, you do not need to go through this step.
- Next, locate and tap on the “iCloud” option from the menu.
- After that, proceed and tap on the “Photos”.
- Toggle the button next to the “iCloud Photo Library” to the “On” position. By doing that, you should see a green light to show that the button is in the “On” position. Since the iCloud storage provided by Apple is small (5GB) in comparison to the files and data you’d like to back up to iCloud, you can tap on the “Optimize iPhone Storage” to enable you to store smaller photos versions and save on space.
- Next, find the button next to the “Upload to Photos Stream” and toggle it to the “On” position. Now any photo you take with your device will get synced to your iCloud account when your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- After that, press on the round home screen button located at the bottom center of your iPhone to get back to the home screen. On the home screen, find the “Photos” application icon and tap to open it.
- At the bottom right corner of the screen, tap on the “Albums.” Having done that, proceed and tap on the “All Photos” to make all your iCloud Photos accessible through your “Photos” application. To get the photos downloaded to your device, you can open the Album containing your pictures and select any photo you’d wish to and click on the “Download”.
Get Photos from icloud to Phone using Itunes
- Open your iTunes on your computer. If you’re using windows, you should download the iTunes for windows first before you proceed since windows do not come with a pre-installed iTunes Application program. Whether you’re using iTunes for PC or Mac, ensure you have an updated version of the iTunes.
- After launching the iTunes, use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. To do that, plug in the broader end to your computer’s USB port and the remaining end to your iPhone’s charging port. By doing that, your iPhone icon should show in the iTunes window.
- In the iTunes window, locate the iPhone’s icon and click on it. After that, click on the “Photos” located next to the camera icon in the left panel.
- After that, navigate to the upper-right corner of the windows and check on the box beside the “Sync Photos” option. If you find it checked, then it means your photos are already being synced to your iCloud account. Next, disable your iCloud Photos Library in your iPhone to switch to iTunes and follow the on-screen guide to download the photos before proceeding to the next step.
- When you have done that, click on the dropdown for “Copy photos from”. This dropdown is found on the upper part of the screen.
- After that, select a folder to sync. Ensure that the folder that you choose has your stored photos.
- After that, click on the “All Photos and Albums” to include the content of the selected folder in the sync. After that, click on the “Apply” option in the bottom-right corner of the iTunes window. If you’d wish to view your synced photos, navigate to the “Photos” app on your iPhone, and your images will be there.
Note: If you set up automatic syncing, your photos will get synced anytime you plug in your iPhone to your computer.
Get Photos from iCloud to iPhone by Restoring iCloud Photos to iPhone
This method involves erasing all the content of your iPhone and then restoring them from iCloud. You can only use this method if you have a recent iCloud backup. If you’re okay with the process, then follow the steps below:
- Ensure your phone is backed up before moving further. To find out, launch your “settings” application. When the app opens, tap on your “name.” Next, tap on the “iCloud” and then tap on the “Manage Storage” and finally tap on the “Backups.”
- To restore backed up photos, head to the “Settings” application in your phone and tap on the “General” option. Under the “General” menu, scroll down and locate the “Reset” tab. Now tap the “Erase All Content and Settings.” Having done that, go ahead and tap on “Erase Now.” If you’re not okay with erasing all your iPhone data and restoring a fresh, you can use the direct method.
- After that, your iPhone should reboot and take you through the setup and finally to the option of restoring your backups. When you get to the step that involves restoring your iPhone using the old back up, opt for the backups, including your iCloud photos.
If you’re not comfortable with resetting your iPhone, you can try the direct method. Before you start, it’s pretty reasonable to understand that once you begin the downloading process, you will not have control of the download process. You will also not have an idea of when the process will be completed. Below are the steps:
- On your home screen, tap on the “Settings” application icon to get the settings launched. In the open menu, tap on your “name” and move on to tap on the “iCloud”.
- Next, select the “Photos” option. If you’re using older iOS versions, click on the “iCloud Photo Library”.
Note: Ensure you have selected the “Download and keep originals”.
- Ensure you’re connected to a reliable network to make the process a bit faster. This can take longer than expected. It would be even better if you can leave the process to run overnight when you’re not much busy with the phone.
Tip: This is one of the obvious methods of getting iCloud photos to your iPhone. If you’re okay with it, then it might be the most straightforward method ever.
Get Photos from iCloud to iPhone Using a Third Party’s Software (Copy Trans Cloudly)
Download and install Copy Trans Cloudly (https://www.copytrans.net/copytranscloudly/) to your computer when the download is completed, run the program software.
When a login screen appears, key in your Apple ID and a correct password. If you secured your account using two-factor authentication, ensure you authenticate your identity to sign it. After that, wait until all your iCloud photos are fully loaded before proceeding to download the process.
After that, click on the “Download” and select the destination folder for your download library. Wait for your photos to download to your computer. When through with the downloading process, you’re now ready to transfer the download to your iPhone.
Next, start Copy Trans photo and then link up your phone to the computer. Before proceeding with the procedure, it’s pretty reasonable to understand that the iPhone photos will show on the left pane while those on your computer will display on the left pane.
On the right side of the screen, select the PC folder in which you saved your downloaded photos. Open the folder and select the images that you’d wish to transfer to your iPhone. If you’d want to select individual photos, hold on the “Ctrl” button on the keyboard and then click on individual images. Alternatively, you can press “Ctrl + A” to copy all the photos at once.
Create a new album on your iPhone. Since Apple restricts adding the photos to an album created by Apple, you should create another folder to keep your photos.
After copying the photos that you’d wish to store in your iPhone, navigate to the left pane and select your newly created folder in which you want to add your iCloud photos. After that, drag and drop photos from computer storage to iPhone.
Lastly, click on the “Apply changes” option to confirm your transfer. And that’s it.
Get Photos from iCloud to Mac
Get Photos from iCloud to Mac using Photos App
This step will only be successful if you have your iOS devices syncing photos to the iCloud Photos Library. If you’d wish to check if your Syncing is enabled, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the “Photos” app.
- Then click on the “Preferences”.
- And finally, click “iCloud.” If syncing photos from your Mac and other devices is enabled, you should see a checkmark in the box next to the “Cloud Photo Library”.
If your iCloud Photo Library is turned on, then it means that the photos taken using an iPad or iPhone will automatically appear in your Mac photos. To get the iCloud photos to your Mac, follow the steps below.
- From the “Photos” app, find the photos that you’d want to save on your Mac computer.
- After that, click and drag the photo that you want to save on your Mac computer to the “Desktop” or any other convenient folder. Voila! You now have the iCloud images saved on your Mac.
Get Individual Photos from iCloud Online
Using Safari or any other browser on your Mac computer, navigate to icloud.com and sign in with your valid Apple ID when prompted. When you successfully log in, you should see the usual iCloud apps such as Contacts, Mail, Calendar, and others.
Next, click on the “Photos” and browse all the images saved in your iCloud account.
If you do not find the image you’re looking for at the top, browse the photos that you’d like to download from the iCloud. When you find the photo(s), you can click on it once to get it highlighted or double-click to open and view the photo.
Whether you single-click or double-click, you should see the options you can use. From the options, click on the “Download” icon. It’s a cloud-like icon with a down-pointing arrow.
Finally, you should head to your “Downloads” folder and find your downloaded image from iCloud.
Note: You can also use the procedure above to get photos from iCloud to PC.
Get All Photos from iCloud at Once
- Open your “Photos” application.
- Click on the “Photos” option.
- After that, click on the “Preferences” and then ensure you check the box next to the “Download Originals To This Mac.” Having done that, the version of your photos will automatically get downloaded to your Mac.