Uninstalling applications from your Mac computer requires little effort from a user’s side. The process is more straightforward, when compared to Windows computers, which require uninstall wizards for programs to be effectively removed.
Why uninstall applications
- There are a couple of reasons outlining why you might want to uninstall some of the apps available on your Mac. Firstly, it is a memory saving practice that is efficient, and is bound to free up your hard-drive memory by at least a couple of gigabytes. You can also speed up your computer, since many apps open on start-up, thus increasing the boot-up time.
- Additionally, it represents a method of keeping your computer organized and clean, since there is no benefit in storing programs that you never actually use. When picking which apps will be uninstalled, and which ones deserve to stay, consider whether you have used the app in the past year. If not, it’s probably collecting dust on your hard drive.
Deleting programs on a Mac
- Finding the apps worth deleting. Open up the Finder app, and click on the Applications folder. Here, you can see all of the apps that are currently installed on your Mac. Browse through them, and mentally pick any app that you wish to delete.
- Deleting the applications. To delete the apps, simply drag-and-drop them into your Mac’s trash can. You can also right-click, then choose ‘Move to Trash’. To permanently delete the apps from your hard drive, you’ll have to right-click on the Trashcan icon, and then click on empty trash. You may be asked to enter your password, so do so if it is the case.
Some applications will be a little more complex, and thus leave traces of their existence on your Mac. This usually happens with Games, and similar programs. As such, to fully delete these files from your computer, use the Finder app to search for the app’s name. If anything comes up after you’ve deleted the original app, simply drag those files into the thrash can as well.
Make sure to keep in mind that you can’t delete applications that are part of your Mac’s operating system. Relevant examples in this case include Safari, or the Mail app. You can only choose to hide apps like these.
Why can’t I delete apps on my Mac?
How do I delete an app from my Mac that won’t delete from Launchpad?
- Open Launchpad. Its icon is gray, with a black silhouette of a rocket ship.
- Once you’ve found the app you want to delete, click and hold the app until apps start to jiggle.
- Click the “X” icon on the app that you want to delete.
How do I uninstall an app?
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu. My apps & games.
- Tap on the app or game.
- Tap Uninstall.
How do I get rid of unwanted icons on my Mac desktop?
- Click on the “Finder” menu and select “Preferences”
- Click on the “General” tab.
- Uncheck boxes next to hard disks, drives, ipods, etc to toggle those icons off or on on the Mac desktop.
How do I remove an icon from my desktop without deleting it?
How do I delete an icon on my Macbook?
- Place your cursor over the icon in the toolbar, or Dock, that you want to remove.
- Click your mouse or Trackpad and hold down the button.
- Lift the icon out of the Dock while clicking and scrolling up or out, depending on where the Dock sits. Release the mouse or Trackpad.
How do I delete an icon on my Macbook Pro?
How do you hide icons on Mac?
- While on your desktop, go to the menu bar and choose Finder ➙ Preferences (⌘ + ,)
- Switch to the General tab.
- Uncheck all the items.
How do u right click on a Macbook?
How do you control click on a Mac?
How do you left click on a Mac?
- Connect a wired or wireless mouse.
- Go to System Preferences > Mouse > Primary mouse button.
- Now your mouse will use the left position as the primary click area.
How do you click on a Mac without a mouse?
What are the shortcut symbols on a Mac?
- ⌘ is the Command () key.
- ⌃ is the Control key.
- ⌥ is the Option (alt) key.
- ⇧ is the Shift key.
- ⇪ is the Caps Lock key.
- fn is the Function key. Now you know, but if the symbols confuse you, don’t feel too bad about it.
How do you click on something without a mouse?
Before you use Mouse Keys to left-click an item, you’ll need to press your forward slash key to select the left mouse button. The minus sign selects the right mouse button and your asterisk key selects both buttons. After you choose a mouse button, that button remains active until you select another.
What is the shortcut key for mouse left click?
|Mouse click||Windows||Mac with one-button mouse|
|Left click||Left click||Click|
|Middle click||Ctrl + left click||Alt + click|
|Right click||Right click||Ctrl + click|