There is nothing like having a catchy ringtone for when someone calls or text your phone. If you want to get new ringtones, you can do so through iTunes with minimal effort. This article will explain how to get all of the ringtones you want with just a few basic steps.
- Open up iTunes
First you will need to open up iTunes and on your computer and select the song that you want to use from your library. Right click on the song and select the “Get info” option.
- Edit Stop and Start Times
Once you are in the Get Info box, you will need to choose the stop and start times. Your ringtone can only be up to 30 seconds long. If you want the ringtone to start at the beginning of the song, choose 0:00 as the start time. You will need to set a certain number of seconds into the song for the stop time. Make sure that you have set the correct times before clicking “OK” at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- Convert the Song
Next you will need to select the song and navigate to File and then Convert in the Menu Bar. Select the “Create AAC version” option. It will only take a few seconds for the conversion process to finish.
- Select the New Song
Navigate to the new song you have converted, right click on it, and select “Show in Finder”. You will see the song appear in m4a format. Select it with your mouse.
- Rename the File
Rename the file extension to .m4r. You will need to do this in order to make it into a ringtone.
- Delete the Song
Open up iTunes again and delete the short song that you created. To do this simply select it with your mouse and press the Delete key on your keyboard. You may also right click on the file and select the “Delete” option from the drop down menu.
- Select the Ringtone
Go to Finder and double click on the ringtone file that you just created. It will instantly be transferred to your library.
- Connect your Phone
Next you will need to connect your iPhone to your computer and select the “Tones” tab in the iPhone section. Choose the “Sync All Tones” option and then press the “Sync” button. This will load the ringtone onto your phone.
How do I find ringtones in iTunes?
- Open the iTunes Store app.
- Tap the Search button.
- In the Search text box, enter the music, artist, or show you want for a ringtone.
- In the search results screen, tap the Ringtone entry.
- Tap the album art to the left of any ringtone to hear it.
- Tap the ringtone name to display an information screen.
How do I add a ringtone to iTunes?
How do I buy ringtones for my iPhone from iTunes?
- Open the iTunes Store app.
- Tap More.
- Tap Tones.
- Find a ringtone that you want to buy, then tap the price.
- Choose an option to automatically set the ringtone. Or tap Done to decide later.
- You might need to enter your Apple ID password to complete your purchase.
Can I use a song from my iTunes library as a ringtone?
The first thing we’ll need to do is choose a song in iTunes to use as a ringtone. Open up iTunes on your Mac or PC and click on the My Music tab. Choose a song that’s on your hard drive then right click on it, choose Get Info, then click the Options tab. That’s the one we’ll use for our ringtone.
How do I use a downloaded song as a ringtone?
- 1 Tap “Settings”, then tap “Sounds and vibration”.
- 2 Tap “Ringtone“.
- 3 Tap “SIM 1” or “SIM 2”.
- 4 All the ringtones on your device will be displayed on-screen.
- 5 Select the music file.
- 6 Tap “Done”.
How do I set a downloaded song as my ringtone on my iPhone?
How do I use a downloaded song as a ringtone on my iPhone?
How do I make a ringtone for my iPhone using GarageBand?
- Open GarageBand on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- In the My Songs browser, tap Browse. , tap Select, then tap the project you shared from your Mac.
- Enter a name for the ringtone, then tap Export.
- Tap Export.
- When the ringtone is finished exporting, you can assign the ringtone.
How do I export a song from GarageBand to my iPhone?
- In the My Songs browser, touch and hold the song you want to share, tap Share.
- To rename the ringtone, tap the name and type a new name.
- Tap Export.
- In the Ringtone Export Successful panel, do one of the following:
Can I make ringtones with GarageBand?
How do I export a ringtone from GarageBand?
How do I send someone a ringtone?
How can I send a ringtone from my iPhone?
How do I access ringtones on my iPhone?
How do I make ringtones?
How do I make a ringtone for my phone?
Ads by Google