The internet is a wonderful place for Xbox 360 because Microsoft’s Xbox Live services are what keep it operational. With loads of games and settings that are downloaded and installed on the fly, you can pay for your subscriptions and join other players while gaming too. Here is a list of steps that will help you connect and get your Xbox 360 Live running in no time.
- Get it Online First
The first job is to connect the Xbox 360 Live to the internet. It must be able to access the internet for anything to do with it. And, that means tinkering with the “Network Settings”.
- The Xbox 360 Live works by connecting to the internet.
- There are different ways to do so, such as, with the Ethernet or LAN, or wirelessly through Wi-Fi.
- Once done, you have to sign up and subscribe.
- This makes you access the Microsoft’s bundles and services, and you can enjoy your console.
- Follow the online support for better understanding.
- Using Ethernet
If you want to use the LAN, it is easy to do. Provided there is no proxy and password protected stuff going on, this should be direct.
- First, connect your Ethernet cable to the Xbox 360 Live LAN port.
- Press the big button at the center of your controller to open the “Guide” from your Dashboard.
- Under the Guide menu, you can find stuff like Settings.
- Clicking on that will get you to Network Settings, and then go to Wired Network.
- Select “Wired Network” because it is a LAN, and click on “Test Xbox Live Connection”.
- Checking Connection
Once you have done all the above, you check if the network is being connected or not. This can be done by carefully observing the notification status on the screen.
- Your network status is shown right next to the Network Settings menu.
- Your Configure Network is the place where you can set proxy and stuff, but it is best that you use an open Ethernet line.
- The green dots below that dialog box shows if the network is operational, you can check which part is linked and what is not.
- When everything is fine, all the three: Network, Xbox and Internet will read “connected” on the right side.
- Using a Wireless Way
Now that people are all wireless and even your home has a Wi-Fi to serve all, let us see how you can hook up your Xbox Live wirelessly. Here is a list of connection related issues that you can use if something is not in order.
- Press the button on the Dashboard of the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select “Settings” and then “System”. Under “System Settings” there are lots of stuff like “Console Settings”, “Kinect Settings”, “Storage”, “TV” and also “Network Settings”.
- You go to “Network Settings”. This part remains the same even for the Ethernet case above.
- Under this, select the wireless settings and select your Wi-Fi network from the list. It should be broadcasted there.
- Enter your username and password.
- Manually Connecting and Checking
In case the Xbox Live is unable to show your Wi-Fi among the listed wireless networks, you have to manually connect it to that. After a connection is done, usually the Xbox 360 Live will update the console and then start a fresh.
- Just go to the Advanced Settings from above, and then enter your Wi-Fi name. Enter the username and password.
- Then, you can check the live connection to see if it has connected properly. Also, check the network status for verifying the connection.
- Once your console is connected to the internet, you have to update it. Once the internet is available, it will automatically show that the update is available.
- Both the Xbox 360 E and 360 S have in-built Wi-Fi cards, so knowing the wireless is a better advantage for you.
- In some cases when your Wi-Fi is not listed, go to “Advanced Options” and then specify your unlisted network manually.
- You can update it without worry since everything is stable unlike the Windows updates.
Is Xbox Live free on Xbox one?
Can I buy Xbox Live on my Xbox?
How do you get Xbox Live for free on Xbox one?
How do you pay for Xbox Live on Xbox one?
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Payment & billing.
- Select Add a payment option.
- Choose a payment option, and then follow the instructions.
What’s the difference between Xbox Live and Xbox Live Gold?
Is Netflix free with Xbox Live Gold?
Is Xbox Live Gold worth it?
Can I play fortnite without Xbox Live?
Can I play online without Xbox Live Gold?
Is Xbox Live going away?
How do you get Xbox Live 2021 for free?
you are entitled to free Xbox Live Gold Trial. All you have to do is click on the Gold 1-month free trial from your subscription page and complete the process by entering your credit card details.
Is Xbox getting rid of Xbox Live?
Did Xbox Live price go up?
Is warzone free on Xbox?
How do I get Xbox Live Gold for 12 months?
- $60 at Amazon.
- $60 at Best Buy.
- $60 at Walmart.
Will 12 month Xbox Live Gold still work?
How much is Xbox Live for a year Gamestop?
Does Xbox have a 12 month Gold membership?
Ads by Google