Most school computers have YouTube blocked, but there is a way around it. If you want to access YouTube on your school computer, you will have multiple options to choose from. The methods outlined in this article will work for most students.
- Use a Proxy Site
One of the most effective methods of unblocking YouTube on a school computer is to use a proxy site.
- Use Google at home to search for websites with proxy lists.
- Select a site that has tons of different proxies.
- Copy and paste the information for as many proxies as you can into a notepad document.
- Email yourself the list of proxies.
- Access the list by checking your email at school.
- Go to the first site on the list. If it is blocked, keep going down the list until you find one that isn’t.
- Turn Your Phone into a Hotspot
You can also get on YouTube at school by turning your phone into a hotspot. If you have 4G data, you should be able to do this without any issues. Make sure that your plan allows for tethering before trying this.
- Go into the Wi-Fi settings in your phone.
- If you are using an Android phone, select the “Tethering & portable hotspot” option. If you are using iOS device, select “Personal Hotspot”.
- Activate your phone as a hotspot. Android users can select “Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot” and iOS users can toggle the “Personal Hotspot” on.
- Set up a wireless password for your new hotspot and connect to it.
- Connect the computer to your phone’s hotspot wireless network. You will have to enter the password for the network on the computer to connect to it.
- Use a VPN
A VPN or Virtual Private Network can be another very effective way to bypass the measures that your school has taken to block YouTube throughout their network. All you have to do is simply search on Google for free VPNs. Using a VPN will change your IP address so it looks like you are somewhere else, whether it is in a different state or country. This is one of the most effective ways to get around this kind of block. You should try to choose a VPN that is close by so you get the best possible connection.