How to Get YouTube On a School Computer
Most school computers have YouTube blocked, but there is a way around it. If you want to access YouTube on your school computer, you will have multiple options to choose from. The methods outlined in this article will work for most students.
Use a Proxy Site
One of the most effective methods of unblocking YouTube on a school computer is to use a proxy site.
- Use Google at home to search for websites with proxy lists.
- Select a site that has tons of different proxies.
- Copy and paste the information for as many proxies as you can into a notepad document.
- Email yourself the list of proxies.
- Access the list by checking your email at school.
- Go to the first site on the list. If it is blocked, keep going down the list until you find one that isn’t.
Turn Your Phone into a Hotspot
You can also get on YouTube at school by turning your phone into a hotspot. If you have 4G data, you should be able to do this without any issues. Make sure that your plan allows for tethering before trying this.
- Go into the Wi-Fi settings in your phone.
- If you are using an Android phone, select the “Tethering & portable hotspot” option. If you are using iOS device, select “Personal Hotspot”.
- Activate your phone as a hotspot. Android users can select “Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot” and iOS users can toggle the “Personal Hotspot” on.
- Set up a wireless password for your new hotspot and connect to it.
- Connect the computer to your phone’s hotspot wireless network. You will have to enter the password for the network on the computer to connect to it.
Use a VPN
A VPN or Virtual Private Network can be another very effective way to bypass the measures that your school has taken to block YouTube throughout their network. All you have to do is simply search on Google for free VPNs. Using a VPN will change your IP address so it looks like you are somewhere else, whether it is in a different state or country. This is one of the most effective ways to get around this kind of block. You should try to choose a VPN that is close by so you get the best possible connection.
How do you unblock YouTube on a school computer?
How do I unblock YouTube in school 2020?
How do I unblock YouTube on my computer?
How do I unblock YouTube on Chrome?
How do I unblock YouTube on Windows 10?
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Select Restricted Sites.
- Click on Sites.
- Click on the web address that you want to unblock and select Remove.
How do I unblock YouTube?
How do you unblock YouTube on a school computer without VPN?
- Method 1: Use short link of sites. This is a very simple and most effective method used to unblock any sites.
- Method 2: Tether to your phone.
- Method 3: Use HTTPs.
- Method 4: Use translator.
How do I unblock the Internet on my laptop?
Why is my computer blocked from the Internet?
Why is McAfee blocking my Internet access?
Why is Google blocking my searches?
Why is Google blocking my Gmail?
Why is Google blocking my IP address?
If you are doing any of the below things, then you appear to be sending spam. As a result, Gmail may block your server’s IP address. The most common reasons are: Large volumes of emails sent from a new IP address.
Is a website blocking my IP?
How can I unblock my IP address?
Can I be blocked from a website?
How do I get unblocked from a website?
- Unblock websites using a VPN. Using a VPN is the easiest and most reliable way to get around content blocks and unlock the URL you want.
- Unblock websites using Tor.
- Unblock websites using a web proxy.
- Unblock websites using a proxy extension.