On a computer running on Windows, it is easy to show desktop. A user can just use Windows key plus D for the desktop. However, it is not the case for Mac users. There are no such options. Take a look at the few ways you can view the desktop on Mac.
- Create Hot Corners
This is one of the easiest methods for showing the desktop on Mac. This is going to be useful if you want the bottom right-hand corner of the Windows to show the desktop. Check out the instructions below for setting hot corners.
- Go to System Preference on your Apple Menu.
- Then open the option saying Desktop and Screen Saver and click on the Screensaver tab.
- Tap on Hot Corner.
- On your desktop, you will find 4 dropdown boxes. These show the 4 corners of MAC. Click on the dropdown at the lower right and select Desktop.
- You can choose any of the dropdown boxes and click ok.
Move the cursor using your mouse for lowering the right corner. The windows are going to hide and the desktop screen will come up.
- F11 or Fn +F11
Usually, the F11 key present on the keyboard does the trick of showing your desktop by hiding the windows. However, there are some Mac desktops where f11 reduces the volume. In such a case, you can use Fn+F11 to show the desktop. This is pretty similar to the Windows + D shortcut that you use on Windows. If you want, you can press the keys one more time for viewing the hidden windows once again. This is mainly done for going back to the window that you had been working on.
These are the shortcuts to show the desktop quickly.
How do I swipe between my desktop and mouse on a Mac?
- Swipe left or right with three or four fingers on your trackpad, or swipe left or right with two fingers on your Magic Mouse.
- Press Control–Right Arrow or Control–Left Arrow on your keyboard.
How do I switch between desktops and keyboards on a Mac?
How do I navigate my IMAC without a mouse?
How do I minimize all windows at once on a Mac?
What is the Command key on a Mac?
What is the Alt key on Mac?
How do you do alt codes on a Mac keyboard?
What is ALT F4 on Mac?
What is the Alt key on a keyboard?
How do I use the Alt key on my computer?
- Make sure that you switch on the Number Lock on your keyboard.
- Hold down the ALT key (left alt key).
- Type the alt code(you should use the numbers on the keypad, not the ones on top row) for the special character or symbol you want to get and release the ALT key.
How do I find the Alt code on my computer?
- Find Alt code. Numeric Alt codes for symbols are listed in Alt codes list ☺♥♪ keyboard symbols.
- Enable Num Lk . You may need to simultaneously press [“FN” and ” Scr Lk “] keys.
- Hold down “Alt” key. Some laptops require you to hold both “Alt” and “FN” keys.
- Input Alt code of symbol on Keypad.
- Release all the keys.
What are the alt number codes?
How do I turn on Num Lock without the Num Lock key?
- Right-click the Windows icon, select Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard, and then move the slider under On-Screen Keyboard.
- A keyboard appears on the screen. Click Options and check Turn on numeric keypad, then click OK.
How do you turn on number lock on a laptop?
- On a notebook computer keyboard, while holding down the FN key, press either the NUM LOCK or SCROLL LOCK to enable the function.
- On a desktop computer keyboard, press NUM LOCK or SCROLL LOCK to enable the function, and press it again to disable the function.