Change Instagram Password On App
Looking for how to change your Instagram password on your smartphone? Well, we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re using Instagram for Android or iOS, we’ve made it pretty easy for you in the following steps.
Change Instagram password on Android by resetting the password
If you’ve forgotten your Instagram password, the only way out is to change your password by resetting the Instagram password on the login screen. Below are the steps get it done effortlessly.
- On your phone or tablet, navigate the app drawer and locate the Instagram app icon. It’s a camera-like icon with pink, orange, white, and white colours.
- Tap on the Instagram icon to get the app launched. By doing so, you’ll get to the login screen.
- After that, tap on the “Get help signing in” option located on the lower right, just below the “Login tab.”
- With that done, you will have four options of resetting your password. You can use a username or email address, receive an SMS through a phone number associated with the account or use Facebook.
If you remember your username or the email address associated with your account, then this option can work great for you. The username option provides the easiest way of how to change your Instagram password without an email address.
If you opt for email, which is also another great option, the email account must be active. Besides that, you should be able to access the email at this moment to retrieve a password reset link sent to you.
- Using your phone number
If you have your android phone number connected with your Instagram account, then this method is pretty straightforward. You can use the SMS option to receive a reset link in your SMS box. You can then tap on the link to reset your Instagram password.
- Login using Facebook
Using Facebook is one of the easiest ways to reset your forgotten password. However, you may not be able to use this option if you do not remember your Facebook password. If you can remember or have the Facebook password saved, you’re good to go.
Note: If you have more than one Instagram account linked to your Facebook account, the password for the most recently linked Instagram account will be selected by default.
- Provide the required information to reset your password. Regardless of the option that you used, you must be able to retrieve the link sent to you for a successful password reset, except for Facebook login.
- If you’re using Facebook, Log in to your account using your Facebook password to confirm that you’re indeed the authentic owner of the account. After that, proceed as directed by the on-screen prompts to reset your password.
- If you opted for either email or SMS, retrieve the password reset link sent to you by Instagram. If you can find it in your email box, you can check in your Spam folder, or under the notification of the promotion.
- Tap on the password reset link sent to you.
This will take you to a password reset page where you will be able to change your password.
- Reset your password.
While on the password reset page, type in your new password in the provided field and type it again in the second field to confirm it. And when you’re through with that, your password will be ready for use.
If you’re looking for how to change the Instagram password on Android without your old password, then the above steps are useful.
Change Forgotten Instagram Password On iPhone Or iPad
If you’ve forgotten your Instagram password and have no idea of how to retrieve it, you needn’t worry as we’ve made it easy. All you should do is follow the steps below and get it fixed really quickly.
- Find the Instagram icon on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad and tap on it so that it can open. By doing so, you’ll get to the login page. If you can’t remember your Instagram password, you can reset the password right from this page.
- On the login screen, tap on the blue “Forgot password” link just below the password field bottom right corner. It’s below the blue “Log In” tab.
- With that done, tap on either the username or phone, depending on how you want to receive a password reset link. If you’d wish to receive a password reset link through the email address associate with your phone, tap on the “Username” option. However, if you want to receive the password reset link through an SMS, tap on the “Phone” option.
- If you tapped on the “Username” option, enter your username or the email address linked to the Instagram account. If you select the “Phone” as the means of receiving the password verification link, type in the phone number linked to your Instagram in the provided field. By doing that, you will receive a link from Instagram either through an SMS or an email.
- Tap on the link to get to the “Create a new password” page where you will create a new password for your Instagram account.
- Type your new password in the provided field and then type it again in the second field to confirm it. Ensure the password you’ve used in the first field matches the one in the second field for the password to be accepted.
- Hit on the “Reset Password” button located below the password field to activate the new password.
Note: If you can’t access your email or phone linked to your Instagram account, try as much as you can to recover your email address. You can do so by calling your providers support or visiting their website. If that fails to work for you, you can visit Instagram and submit a support request. To get started:
- launch your Instagram app and try logging into your account using the last phone or email.
- After that, tap on the “Forgot Password?”
- Then, tap “Need more help?” With that done, you’ll get to the support form that you should use to seek help.
- Changing Known Instagram Password Without Phone Or Email—From Your Instagram Settings
- Launch your Instagram app, if not yet. If you’re already synced, doing so will take you to your Instagram home.
- After that, tap on the humanoid icon located on the lower right corner of the screen.
- With that done, tap on the three stacked dots at the top-right corner of the app. In some Android, you might find a gear icon instead of three dots. Doing so will open the menu.
- After that, tap on the geared icon “Settings” menu. It’s located at the bottom right of the screen. By doing that, the settings menu will open.
- From the settings menu, tap on the “Security” icon resembling a check-marked shield. It’s located below the “Privacy” option and above the “Ads.”
- Tap on the “Password” from the menu that appears. It has a “key” symbol and located just below the “Login Security” under the “Security” section.
- With that done, a password section appears with three fields. In the first field, you will enter your current password. Then enter a new password in the second field for “New password” and re-enter the password in the third field for “New password, again” to confirm it. Tap on the “Save” option or a checkmark to keep your changes.
Change Instagram password on a computer
- Using your favorite browser, head to instagram.com.
- Log in, as usual, to get to your Instagram account home.
- After that, click on your profile picture or a human silhouette if you don’t have a profile picture set. Doing so will open your profile.
- With that done, click on the geared icon next to the “Edit profile” option located on the right side of your username. By doing that, a list of options will pop up.
- From the list of options, click on the “Change Password.” It’s the first option at the top of the list.
- Doing so will take you to a new screen with three fields to be filled. Enter your current password in the first field, indicated “Old password.”
- After that, create a new password and feed in the second field for the “New password.” Ensure you have a strong password. A strong password should have a combination of numbers, lower and upper case letters, and least one unique symbol such as “@, or! or %” or any other. The unique symbol makes the password anti-guess.
- With that done, re-type your new password into the last field for “Confirm new password.”
- Finally, click on the blue “Change password” button located below the “Confirm New Password field.” Congratulations! You’ve successfully set a new password.
Note: Apart from the above method for how to change the Instagram password on the computer from the setting menu, you can also change the Instagram password from the “Log In” page. If you’d wish to change your Instagram password from the login page, you can use the procedure for the mobile app since they’re similar.