Sprint is probably one of the main telecommunication companies in the country.
With over 54 million subscribers, the company had created and distributed millions of numbers throughout the yearsIn case you need a new number, the company offers a service in which you can keep the sim, but change your mobile numberIn this article, we will show you how easy it is to change your current number based on the service that you need.
Reasons for changing your Sprint phone number
There are a lot of reasons why you might need to change your phone number. Perhaps you’re going to a different area and need to get a phone number that will work there. Otherwise, you feel unsafe because of harassing texts or other safety threats. Besides, there are instances when the sim card number is connected to your relevant online accounts, and you lost your phone. Retrieval of an old number is still number change.
Fortunately, you don’t have to get into the line on any Sprint locations to get your number changed. An online platform is being used to apply the changes easily, without fee, and without wasting precious time waiting in line. As long as you have internet and account, you can change your phone number easily. Here’s how you can change your Sprint phone number.
Steps to change your Sprint mobile number
- Go to official sprint website and log in
Sprint’s official website is “www.sprint.com,” where you can link your mobile number and manage your accounts online. If you haven’t done it already, make an account and register your current number. After that, log in to the Sprint online interface.
- Hit the “my preference tab.”
After logging in, you should be on the page that shows your recent payments, your AutoPay options, and other relevant information about your plan. Located under the welcome sign is the “My preference” tab, which is where you’ll see options for your account. Alternatively, scroll down until you see some of the registered devices.
- Check the “things I can manage online” drop-down menu
Besides the device status and information, you will see a drop-down menu that contains several Sprint services. You should see options like “manage this device,” “activate a new phone,” “upgrade this phone,” and more. Alternatively, you can find the option by going to “Things I can manage online – account.” To change your Sprint phone number, click the “change phone number,” which will give you several options.
- Select The Phone Number To be Changed
If you have multiple numbers in an account, make sure that the phone number you’re dealing with is the right phone number you want to change. Once you’re sure about the details, select the device and proceed to the next step.
- Choose a phone number service.
Sprint gives two options for number changing. You can either get a new number with the same or new area code, depending on your needs. Both circumstances have different sets of instructions. This is an important step, so consider what you need to change and what your current circumstances are.
- I need a new phone number in the same area – For this situation, all you have to do is agree to the terms and conditions. You might want to disable Google Voice before getting the new number. After that, your new number will be displayed to you.
- I need a different area code for this phone – It’s almost the same with the first option above. In addition to the steps above, you will also need to input the area code for your new area. Alternatively, you can enter your new zip code, and the company will do the rest for you.
- I am moving and need to change my phone number and billing address – This is for people who are moving away but wants to avail of the same number and the same plans they had in their old place. You might want to get help from a Sprint staff to get availability and such.
Once you get your new number, you’re basically done. But to confirm a successful operation, you need to turn off your phone and turn it on again. Wait for a moment, and make a phone call. If the phone call doesn’t get through, you might have to enter details to the manual programming or call an agent. Take note that you can only change your number 3 times within 30 days.