Red rice is one of the most favorite rice varieties among health-conscious people. Basically, the rice contains some red husk on it as the farmers don’t hull it completely. This rice is more nutritious than any other rice available in the market like white or brown rice.
How to Cook Red Rice in a Rice Cooker?
If you are a health-conscious person then you surely have come to know about the red rice. This rice is full of nutrition as it contains a layer of red husk on it. Since the farmers don’t hull the rice completely the husk remains on it and the cooked rice from it appears red in color. Thus you can obtain all the benefits of red rice.
- The first mistake we do when we cook rice is to drain the water in which we cook the rice. This water contains most of the nutrients of rice. But as we drain it to have fine rice, we drain most of the benefits of eating rice and gather only carbohydrates from it.
- Thus if you want to make the rice fine without rinsing the water, you need a rice cooker to cook it properly. The only thing is that you need to put the water in such an amount that it will soften the rice but will not remain in it.
- There are marks of precise measurement inside the rice cooker. In a rice cooker, you can easily cook any kind of rice that may belong to grain rice or small grain traditional rice.
- You will get a cup with the rice cooker to measure the rice as well as the water. Now you need to take a 3/4th cup of rice that will grow up to one cup when properly cooked.
- Now put the rice into a strainer and put it under cold running water. You can wash the rice well and leave it to drain the excess water.
- Now put the washed rice in the bowl with the rice cooker and shake it a bit so that the price level becomes equal. Put 1 and 3/4th cup of water into it.
- Then put the rice cooker into the flame and let it cook the rice for 10 minutes. This will be enough to cook fresh and fine rice for you.
How to Cook Red Rice in Microwave?
Nowadays, microwave ovens are the most popular multipurpose machines to cook different kinds of foods. Most people use microwaves to make cakes, grill fish or chicken, and warm the leftover foods. But you can also use microwave ovens to cook rice. Especially cooking red rice in microwave ovens saves the nutrients of the rice properly.
- First of all, take the amount of rice you want to cook for you. Mostly 1½ cup of rice is enough for a person to eat-in lunch and dinner.
- Now wash the rice properly under cold running water. You should take care of the fact that the red husks don’t get away from the rice.
- Put the rice in the microwave bowl and put water into it. 1½ cup of water will need 2¼ cup of water to cook properly.
- Now turn on the microwave oven and put it in full temperature for 5 minutes.
- Now you can reduce the temperature to half of the initial temperature and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- After the time is over, now you need to leave it for rest for nearly 5 minutes. You will get nearly 3 cups of fine boiled rice to eat for the whole day.
How to Make Red Rice?
The best way to cook red rice is to know about the amount of water you need to put in. One cup of red rice generally takes 2 cups of water to cook properly.
- If you want your rice a bit hard then you can put a bit less water in it. If you are in search of making a soft rice recipe with the red rice, then you need to put in a bit more water and let it cook.
- First of all, you need to wash the rice with fresh cold water and rinse the water properly. Now pour water of double the amount than the rice you are taking in a pan and put the pan in the oven.
- You can put a teaspoon of olive oil into the water to make the rice fine. Let the water boil and put the rice into it.
- Let it boil for 45 minutes until the rice soaks the water properly. Take the pan down from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Red Rice Recipes for Vegetarian
Since red rice is full of protein, minerals, and vitamins, vegetarians can eat red rice without any worry. It gives them all the most needed nutrients. You can make different rice recipes with red rice. Plane rice can be the first option for anyone who wants to eat rice. But you can make curry rice, vegetable fried rice, a hotchpotch of red rice with it. All these recipes are full of nutrients as well as healthy to compensate for the need of nutrients for vegetarians.
How to Cook Himalayan Red Rice?
The Himalayan red rice is actually a variety of red rice that contains deep red color pigments on it. This contains more nutrients and is good for health. You just need to cook the Himalayan red rice with the perfect amount of water so that it does not leave any moisture in the rice. As it contains a rich amount of antioxidants, excess water will cause loss of them.
Does Red Rice Need to be Soaked?
Red rice generally takes some more time to cook. If you cook it in a normal oven then it will take 45 minutes to be soft.
- In this case, it seems normal to soak the red rice in water and cook it. But you need to remember that red rice contains some red husk on it which contains the most of the nutrients and dietary fiber in it.
- Soaking of the rice will cause dilution of the nutrients and the fibers into the water. Now if you will rinse the water and cook the rice, then the benefits of eating red rice will go in vain.
- Thus you need to cook the red rice in the same water you are soaking it. Otherwise, you don’t need to soak it and you can put it directly to cook.
Does Red Rice Take Longer to Cook?
Yes, red rice takes some more time to cook than the normal white rice. Since the red rice grains contain some husk on it and the farmers don’t hull them completely, it takes eventually some more time to cook.
What are the Benefits of Red Rice?
- Red rice is full of Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin A, and more other micronutrients. It gives you healthy food for your body.
- Red rice contains some minerals like iron, zinc, potassium and so on which fulfills the requirement of minerals of the body.
- The husk on the rice grains supplies your dietary fiber which is very essential to keep your digestive system healthy. The fibers also keep the blood sugar level under control.
Is Red Rice Good for Weight Loss?
As red rice contains a lot of dietary fiber, it gives you a feeling of fulfillment after consuming a lesser amount of food than that you eat of the white rice. This eventually helps you to eat less and keeps you full for a longer period of time. Thus you lose weight through this.
- Red rice contains some red husk on it as the farmers don’t hull it completely.
- Red rice is full of the vitamin B complex, Vitamin A, and more other micronutrients. It gives you healthy food for your body.
- Red rice contains a lot of dietary fiber and thus controls blood sugar.
How do you cook red rice?
- Rinse red rice in water.
- Heat oil in a pot, add rice and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover pot. Cook for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
Do you need to soak red rice before cooking?
How much water do you put in a rice cooker for red rice?
Which is better red rice or brown rice?
Is Red Rice healthy?
Can we eat red rice at night?
Is red rice high in sugar?
Is Red Rice easy to digest?
What are the side effects of red rice?
- Abdominal discomfort.
Is red rice good for high blood pressure?
Is red rice good for kidney patients?
Is red rice high in potassium?
Health benefits of Red Rice.
|Red rice Quick Facts|
|Major nutrients||Iron (68.75%) Carbohydrate (66.69%) Zinc (30%) Protein (14%) Fat (14%) Fiber (7.11%) Potassium (5.45%)|
How can I repair my kidneys naturally?
- Keep active and fit.
- Control your blood sugar.
- Monitor blood pressure.
- Monitor weight and eat a healthy diet.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Don’t smoke.
- Be aware of the amount of OTC pills you take.
- Have your kidney function tested if you’re at high risk.