There are two ways of creating a calendar in the Google Docs. It can be done by making use of the Google template in the Docs or you can create a calendar manually in the Google Docs. Both these methods will be discussed in detail here.
Step by step guide to create a calendar on Google Docs using templates
How To Make A Calendar In Google Docs
Opening the new Google Docs
- The first step is to visit the Google Docs website. You can Google search by typing the Google Docs in the search box and click on the Google Docs link that shows in the search result.
- You can also click this link https://docs.google.com/document/to visit the Google Docs website.
- If you have logged in to the Google account, then you will get access to the start the new document page. If not, you will need to first sign in using your Google email address and password to get access to the document web page.
- Once there, click on the blank document that you see as the first document option in the ‘start a new document’ page. This will open up a new Google doc template.
Activating template gallery
- There will be plenty of tab options that will be seen on the top of the new document page like Edit, View, Insert, etc. Locate Add-ons and click on it. There will be a drop-down menu to appear with this option.
- The menu will ask you to do more with the Docs and offer you little more Docs features.
- Choose the Get add-on option that is seen in the green bordered box of the drop-down option.
- In the search bar that is located on the right top corner of the Add-ons window, type the template gallery correctly and then press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- The search results will show up on the screen. The template gallery option will be the first result that you see on the search results page. Press the ‘+Free’ option seen on the right side of the template gallery to start the installation of the add-on.
- There will be a pop-up window that will appear on the screen asking you to give permission to the template gallery to view and manage documents, spreadsheets, and files in Google drive. Click on the Allow option at the bottom of the popup window.
- Now, the installation of the Template gallery will start.
- After the installation, you will find the template gallery in the add-ons menu on the Google Docs.
Creating the calendar
- Once you click the Add-ons, the template gallery will be seen in the drop-down menu. Click on it and choose the browse template option.
- There will be a lot of categories of templates offered in the templates folder. You need to look for the calendars option and click on it.
- There will be different types of calendar templates that will come up on the screen. You should choose the one that you need to add in the Google Doc by clicking on it.
- The calendar template’s page will open and an option of ‘Copy to Google Drive’ will be seen next to the chosen calendar.
- Click on this option and the chosen calendar document will get added to the Google Drive.
- A file created option will show up after this and you need to opt for the Open File option to open the calendar.
- This chosen calendar template will automatically use the current year and generate the year’s calendar. The created calendars can be accessed by you by opening it from the Google drive.
Steps to manually create calendar using table option
Another option to get the calendar to the Google Docs is to create it manually using the table option. The steps to do it are as follows.
Open a blank Google Docs
- Visit Google Docs by clicking on this link https://docs.google.com/document.
- Once the Google Docs site is loaded on the screen, you will be asked to sign in to Google account.
- You should login to the Google account by using the Gmail email address and password.
- After you get access to use the Google Docs, click on the Blank document seen on the left top side with the ‘start the new document’ option written on it.
Steps to create the calendar
- Enter the name of the month you want to create the calendar in the blank document.
- After typing the month name, press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- By doing so, the name of the month will be seen on the top of the calendar.
- The cursor will now be under the name of the month. Now, click the Table option seen in the menu bar on the Docs page.
- There will be a drop down menu with a wide range of options to show on the screen. Click on the ‘Insert table’ option.
- There will be a pop-up window that will come up as soon as you press the insert table option. Here, you will find a grid of cubes on the screen.
- You need to now choose the size of the table. Using a seven by six table is the best choice for creating a calendar.
- You should move the cursor towards the right at the top to choose 7 cubes.
- After that, move the cursor down by six cubes or more for the table.
- The chosen cubes will be highlighted in blue.
- Once you feel the choice is good, click on it and the table will appear in the document.
- In the top row of the table, you should enter the name of each day of the week starting from Sunday to Saturday in each of the columns.
- Key in the dates for each of the boxes according to the month and the year chosen by seeing the desktop calendar.
- To make a calendar document for each month of the year, repeat the same process for the remaining 11 months.
The calendar can be altered and tinkered according to your choice. You can bold the days; change the text font and the size of the number, etc., to suit your taste. Use the table properties option from the Table drop down menu to change the individual box colors or the rows or columns. Once done, you can exit the Google document.
Can you make a calendar in Google Docs?
Does Google have a calendar template?
How do I create a shared calendar in Google Docs?
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- At the left, next to “Other calendars,” click Add other calendars.
- Add a name and description for your calendar.
- Click Create calendar.
- If you want to share your calendar, click on it in the left bar, then select Share with specific people.
How do I create a calendar online?
- Launch Canva. Launch Canva with your Facebook or Google account.
- Explore templates. Browse hundreds of calendar templates for every theme.
- Experiment with features.
- Personalize your calendar.
- Publish, print or share.
How do I automatically add a calendar schedule in Google Sheets?
How do I create a calendar data from a spreadsheet?
- Click File > New.
- Type Calendar in the search field.
- You’ll see a variety of options, but for this example, click the Any year one-month calendar and click Create.
Can you link Google sheet to Calendar?
Create your spreadsheet in Google Sheets (and make sure to sign up for Zapier if you haven’t already). Connect your Google Sheets account and customize your trigger. Connect your Google Calendar account and customize your calendar event. Test your Zap and turn it on.
Can I import Google sheets into Google Calendar?
How do I make a weekly schedule?
- Plan for real life. Be realistic about what you can accomplish each day.
- Give yourself enough time. Budget at least 1 hour of homework for every hour of class time.
- Plan study time.
- Plan time for fun.
- Don’t over commit.
- Spread things out.
How do you make a cute schedule on Google Docs?
- Open a new document. To get started, open a brand new Google Doc.
- Add a table. Next, add a table to make your calendar squares.
- Include your dates. Complete your calendar by adding in your dates:
- Make it your own.
How do you make a printable calendar?
- Step 1: Think About Why You Need to Use a Printed Calendar. Before you create anything, think about why you need to print out a calendar.
- Step 2: Choose the Right Tools.
- Step 3: Create a New Calendar.
- Step 4: Customize Your Printable Calendar.
- Step 5: Print Your Calendar.
What app can I use to make a calendar?
- Google Calendar (Android, iOS, Web)
- Microsoft Outlook Calendar (Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, Web)
- Calendar.com (Android, iOS, Web)
- Apple Calendar (iOS, macOS, Web)
- Fantastical 2 (iOS, macOS)
- Woven (Android, iOS, macOS, Web, Windows)