Deactivate Facebook on Computer
- Using your favorite browser on your computer, navigate to facebook.com
- Then, click on “Settings.”
- Then click on the “Edit” option next to the “Management account.”
- After that, click on the “Deactivate” option to deactivate your account.
- Next, click on “Continue,” and you’ll be prompted to select the reason why you’re deactivating your account.
- Select the reason and then click on the “Deactivate” and your Facebook account will be deactivated. And that’s all.
Deactivate the Facebook account on iPhone and iPad
- Tap to launch Facebook on your device
- Locate the Hamburger ☰ in the lower right corner
- Scroll down the list and tap on “Settings” towards the bottom of the page.
- Next, select on the “Personal Information” option under the “Account setting” found on the new window that appears. After that, click on the “General.”
- Tap on the “Manage Accounts” option below the “Networks” option
- Next, tap on the “Deactivate” option towards the top-right corner of your screen.
- To ensure that it’s you who want to deactivate your account, you’ll get a prompt to enter your password and select the reasons for deactivating your account.
- In the reasons, you can check on the button next to the “I have a privacy concern” to choose the response.
- Hit on “Deactivate” button to get your Facebook account deactivated
Deactivate Facebook account on Android Phones and iPads
- Locate and tap on the Facebook app on your home screen
- Tap on the hamburger symbol ☰ and then select on the “Settings and privacy” from the dropdown menu that appears.
- On the new menu that appears below the “Settings and privacy” option, scroll and tap on the ‘Settings” option.
- Next, select “Personal Information” under the “Account Setting” option. It’s the first option above the “Translation for posts” option.
- In the “Personal Information” window, scroll down and tap on the “Manage Account” option towards the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the “Deactivate” option on the right side of the “Account” bar
- To ensure that it’s you deactivating your account, you’ll get a prompt to enter your password before heading to the final step of deactivating your account.
Note: when you deactivate your Facebook account, people will stop seeing your Facebook profile for the time your account will be inactive. Also, if you are an admin of a Facebook page, the content of the page will get unpublished after deactivating your account. However, you can get the content re-published after re-activating your account. Also, your entire timeline, including photos and videos, will be unavailable for your friends.
If you want to activate your account, you should log back to your Facebook account. When you log back with your account, Facebook will send you a verification code through your phone number or the email address indicated in your profile. So, ensure your contacts are up to date before deactivation of the account. However, if you have messenger installed, you can continue chatting with friends over the messenger.