Notice: Undefined variable: new_content in /home/howto/public_html/wp-content/themes/puma_theme/content-single.php on line 14
Are you looking for how to deactivate an Instagram account temporarily? If so, then we’ve got you covered. But before you can deactivate your account, you should know that this process will hide your profile, likes, and comments until you log in again. Also, you should know that you cannot deactivate your Instagram on a mobile app. Having that in mind, we can dive into the steps.
Deactivate Instagram Account Temporarily
- Using your mobile or computer browser, head to instagram.com. This opens your account home page Feed if you’re already logged in.
- If not yet logged in, enter your username, email, or phone and a valid password in the provided field. After that, tap on the blue “Log In” button.
- With that done, navigate to the top right of the screen and click or tap on the “Edit Profile” located on the right side of your username. Doing so takes you to a new page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap or click on the blue “Temporarily disable my account” link.
- Select the reason for deactivating your account from the drop-down.
- Re-enter your password when prompted to verify that you’re the actual account owner. Without choosing the reason for deactivating your account, you might not be able to proceed to the next step. Therefore, ensure you’ve selected your reason, and re-enter your account’s password. If you can’t remember your password, you can follow the steps below to reset your password.
- Tap or click on the “Temporarily Disable Account.” This disables your Instagram account.
If you would wish to reactivate your account, the process is pretty painless. You’ll only need to login to your account using correct details. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can use the following steps to reset it.
- When you get to the login screen, hit on the “Get help signing in.” this option is located below the “Log In” button.
- After that, select the appropriate way of resetting your account from the options available.
- Enter the information required and proceed with on-screen instruction to reset your password.
- On iPhone or iPad
- When you get to the login screen, tap on the “Forgot Password” link located above the “Log In” button.
- After that, select the “Username” or “Phone.”
- Enter your email, username, or phone. With that done, Tap on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts to reset your password.
Tip: Instead of deactivating your account, you can change your profile to private.
If you’d wish to set your profile to private, follow the steps below for how to change your Instagram profile from public to private.
- Launch your Instagram app and log in to your account home.
- After that, tap on your profile icon located on the lower right corner.
- Next, tap on the three-dotted icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on the geared “Settings” icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- From the settings menu, tap on the “Privacy.”
- And then tap on the “Account Privacy.”
- Tap next to the “Private Account.” Doing so turns your account to private.
Deactivate Instagram Account Permanently
Deactivating your account permanently involves the deletion of your Instagram account. And you cannot delete your account on a mobile app, perhaps if you change your browser to the desktop version. Therefore, if you’re not ready to lose your Instagram account forever, you can try out other options discussed earlier in this article. If you’re sure to delete your account, follow the steps below.
- Launch your browser and navigate to Instagram’s account deletion page and log in with your details if prompted.
- With that done, choose the most appropriate reason for deleting your account from the drop-down menu located next to the “Why are you deleting your account?” If you don’t provide your reason for deleting your account, the option for deleting your account will be missing.
- Re-enter your valid password to proceed.
- Having done that, click or tap on the “Permanently delete my account.” This deletes your account permanently.
- Exit the account deletion page.
If you’d wish to delete another Instagram account, it’s pretty simple.
- While on the account deletion page, tap on the username located on the upper right corner.
- After that, tap or click on the “Settings” icon located next to the username.
- With that done, select “Log out” and then log in again.
- Follow the steps above for deleting your account. By doing that, your account will be permanently deleted.
How long can you temporarily disable your Instagram?
Can you deactivate Instagram for a short time?
Can you reactivate and deactivate Instagram on the same day?
How long after deactivating Instagram can you reactivate?
Can we reactivate Instagram account before 24 hours?
Can I reactivate my Instagram account after deactivating it?
Does Instagram delete deactivated accounts?
Can I reactivate my Instagram account after 6 months?
What happens when you deactivate Instagram?
Can you deactivate Instagram for a week?
All your photos, comments, likes, and even your profile will be hidden from the public and your followers, but they‘re not gone forever. Your account will remain hidden until you decide to reactivate it.
Can you still see a deactivated Instagram account?
How can you tell if someone deactivated their Instagram?
Did they block me or deactivate Instagram?
Even if the person has a private profile, the other person should still be able to see that they have a profile. If they search for the person’s account and they don’t see a profile, private or public, appear, then that means that person has deactivated their account.