Delete a Comment On Instagram On Android
- Find the Instagram app icon in your app drawer and tap on it. If you’re already logged in, the app will load into your Instagram homepage Feed. If already on Instagram home, head straight to the next step.
- After that, navigate to the post on which you want to delete a comment. You can do that by either scrolling through the posts in the Feed or by searching for a specific username. If you’re searching for a known username, the post on which you posted a comment.
- When you find the post, tap on the speech bubble-like comment icon to get to the comment box.
- In the comment box, find your comment, among other people’s comments. If the user has a huge follower base, getting to your comment might be an uphill task. But in the end, you’ll get the comment deleted.
- When you get to your comment, tap and hold on it for a second or two and then lift off your finger above the screen. By doing so, highlight your comment and prompt a blue trash bin to appear on the top right corner of the screen.
- With that done, tap on the blue trash bin icon located on the upper right corner of the screen. This deletes your comment from the comment section.
- Repeat steps 5&6 if you want to delete other comments.
Delete a Comment On Instagram On iPhone, Or iPad
- Locate the Instagram app icon on the home screen of your iPhone. It’s a multicolored camera-like icon.
- Launch the Instagram app by tapping on the Instagram icon. This loads into your Instagram home Feed if you had already logged in to your account. If not yet, enter the required login credentials in the provided field and then tap on the blue “Log In” button to get to your home Feed.
- With that done, navigate the post containing your comment. You can do this by scrolling through the post or by searching the username that posted the content.
- When you find the post, swipe to the left, over your comment. This prompts a red trash bin to appear on the screen.
- Tap on the red trash icon to get the comment deleted. By doing that, your comment will be permanently removed. If you’d wish to delete other comments, you can repeat steps 4 and 5 to delete individual comments.
Delete a Comment On Instagram On PC And Mac Computer
- Start by launching your favorite browser on Mac or PC.
- After that, visit the Instagram website through https://www.instagram.com/.
- Log in with your details if not logged in automatically. To log in manually, enter your details in the provided field and then hit on the “Log In” button. This takes you your Instagram account home.
- Now, locate the post on which you dropped a comment. You can do this by searching the name of the account on which the comment was posted. Alternatively, you can comb through the posts in the Feed until you find your targeted post.
- When you find the post, click on the bubble icon located at the bottom left of the screen. This opens the comment box.
- Locate your comment in the comment section. This can be challenging, especially when tons of comments were added after you had posted yours.
- Click on the three-dotted icon next to your comment. Doing so prompts a pop-up menu to appear.
- From the pop-up menu, select the red “Delete” option. By doing so, your comment will be permanently deleted from the list of comments that appear under the post.
- Refresh or reload the Instagram page and confirm if the comment is really deleted. Sometimes you can remove the comment but later find it, and that’s why it would be wise to confirm before leaving the site. Or else, you might find your comment present, you know they’re no more.