Notice: Undefined variable: new_content in /home/howto/public_html/wp-content/themes/puma_theme/content-single.php on line 14
In today’s age of technology, being disconnected from social media is nothing less than a feat. Several social media websites are making an appearance daily. However, some classic social media platforms have always been able to capture their audience the best.
These social media platforms have revolutionized how we see social media. These platforms are not only a way to connect with your friends and family anymore. They have turned into a means of connecting with the world and showing a global audience what you have to offer.
Pinterest is one such platform that users can access on both their browsers and mobile applications. This platform makes everything accessible to the users in the form of pictures known as “pins.”
From lifestyle inspiration to fashion advice to recipes and art accounts – Pinterest has it all. People have recently started using the app as a business tool and selling their skills on the app by giving the customers a preview using the features present on the application. It has garnered a significant amount of popularity over the years of its operation and is one of the leading social media platforms globally.
However, it is common for social media users to delete or deactivate their accounts. There are a number of reasons why a person would want to delete their account, but most people do it either because they want to start fresh on a new account or want a social media detox.
If you are looking for a way to delete your Pinterest account, we have a step by step method below.
Why might I need to delete my Pinterest account?
Like any social media or online account, there can be multiple reasons why an individual feels the need to delete their Pinterest account.
While some people might want to delete it because they want a new account or already have one and don’t need two, others might’ve just lost interest in the platform.
In today’s day and age, a lot of people are trying to do what’s called a ‘social media detox,’ which aims at curbing the addictions people have developed to social media and mobile phones.
Pinterest, like other platforms, has made the task of deactivating or deleting your account fairly simple.
How do I go about deleting my Pinterest account?
There are two ways in which you can distance yourself from Pinterest.
You can either temporarily deactivate your account or delete it. Following are the steps you must follow in order to do both;
- Firstly while logged in to your account, you need to click on your profile button.
- Next, you need to click on the ‘bolt’ icon on your screen, which will take you to the settings menu.
- Then you have to tap/click ‘Edit settings’ on your screen and click ‘Deactivate Account’ under ‘Account Basics’ on a desktop or scroll down to click the deactivate button on the phone.
- All you have to do after this is to let the developers know why you are taking a break and confirm your decision.
Keep in mind that if you log in to check the status of your account, it will be reactivated, so try going to your profile URL to check instead.
Simultaneously you should also remember that deactivating your account will not free up your username or email address.
If you want them freed up, you should either close your account permanently or simply change your username or email address in the settings.
Closing Your Account
Closing your account is just as simple as deactivating it. All you have to do is repeat the above-mentioned steps but instead of selecting ‘Deactivate Account’ you have to select ‘Close your account.’
After confirming this option, your account will be closed. In case you change your mind, Pinterest will archive your data and keep it safe for 14 days, during which you can get your account back.
All you have to do is log in to your account and click the reactivation link.
You can easily follow the steps listed above on how to delete your Pinterest account permanently. However, you should keep in mind that once the account has been deactivated, there is no way of getting your data back.
If you are simply looking for a time away from social media and want your account out of the public eye for some time, consider deactivating the account instead of permanently deleting it. This will ensure that your data stays safe, and you can log back into your account once you want your account to be active again.
Many users prefer to deactivate their accounts instead of deleting them permanently from the web. Make sure that you want your data gone from Pinterest and have it backed up somewhere else if you need it before you delete your account.
How do I permanently delete my Pinterest account?
How do I get rid of Pinterest on my phone?
How do I delete my Pinterest account without logging in?
- Tap at the top of your Pinterest profile.
- Select Account settings.
- Tap Delete account.
- Tap Delete account to confirm.
- Check the email address associated with your Pinterest account to confirm that you want to close your account.
How do I permanently delete my account?
How do I delete my PiggyVest account?
- Login to the email account you used in registering for your PiggyVest account.
- Create an email stating you want your PiggyVest account to be cancelled, deleted or deactivated.
- Make the subject title of your email “Request To Delete PiggyVest Account”
- Send the email to [email protected]
How do I delete my account from a website?
Why is it so hard to delete accounts?
How do I remove my email from websites I no longer want?
- Log in to your email address.
- Click “Manage third-party access”
- Remove anything you don’t want.
- Search your emails for subject lines associated with account creation.
- Make a list of these sites and delete or reach out to remove the unwanted accounts.
Does unsubscribing delete your account?
How do I remove my email from the Internet?
How do I remove emails from websites?
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- Open an email from the sender you want to unsubscribe from.
- Next to the sender’s name, click Unsubscribe or Change preferences. If you don’t see these options, follow the steps above to block the sender or mark the message as spam.
How do I permanently delete emails from webmail?
- Log in to your Webmail.
- Click your username in the top-right of the screen, then click the Manage Disk Usage link.
- You will see all of your email folders listed.
- Click the drop-down box below Messages to delete and choose All Messages.
- Click the Delete Permanently button to delete all emails.
How can I stop unwanted emails?
How can I unsubscribe from emails quickly?
- Unroll.me displays all your subscriptions and lets you unsubscribe from each with a single click.
- Unlistr lets you keep or unsubscribe to email with the push of a button.
- Email senders added to your Unsubscriber folder are compiled in a list on the Unsubscriber website.
How do I clean up my inbox?
- Stop signing up to get MORE emails.
- Stop getting emails from current sources.
- Do a mass delete of messages you’ll never read.
- Use your email provider’s sorting or filtering features.
- Go online for additional help.