Potato is one of the favorite vegetables of mankind. It’s available everywhere and easy to digest. Along with that, potato helps to increase the taste of food as well as maintains a good texture. Here we will discuss the various processes to dice potatoes to cook.
How to Dice Potatoes for Potato Salad?
Potato is actually not a vegetable but a root. It is grown under the soil and contains huge micronutrients. Along with the essential micronutrients, potato is rich in carbohydrates and is a good source of energy. Mashed potato is one of the most favorite foods for fitness freaks as it gives them energy for the physical exercises.
- The bodybuilders and sportsmen often take potato before their events as it supplies you with instant energy. Potato salad is one of the easiest recipes that you can actually cook very early at your home.
- It is nutritious and easy to digest at the same time. India is one of the largest harvesters of potato and they supply it throughout the world. Though previously people used to avoid it because of its high sugar content, in the modern days, people have invented processes to eat potato avoiding its sugar’s harmfulness.
- The first thing that you need to know about the potato salad is it is a very yummy and tasty side dish that accompanies the main course of food. There are various other ingredients in it to make it tasty.
- The origin of this dish was through a famous cook of Germany and there from it spread its wings throughout the world. To make potato salad you need to cut the potatoes in dice shapes.
- If you don’t have a problem with diabetes, you can boil the potato first and then can cut it into the shape of a dice. But if you are having a problem with the sugar content of the potato, then you can always peel it off first, cut it into dice shapes and then cook it.
- You need to throw out the water in which you are boiling it to avoid the sugar content of the potato. You can peel the raw potato with a peeler and then can slice it into round pieces.
- If you take a potato of normal size, say of 70 grams, cut it into 4 slices. Now take each slice and cut them again into shapes of fingers. Now take each of the fingers and chop them into dice shaped pieces. Your dice shaped potato pieces are ready.
- If you are boiling the potato before you cut it into pieces, then peeling off the potato and making the pieces can be easy.
How to Dice Sweet Potatoes?
Sweet potatoes are the best alternative to the potato. People who don’t like potatoes can easily consume sweet potatoes. It is actually less harmful than potato and easier to digest. Due to its special texture and test, you can make varieties of dishes with this one.
- Sweet potato is also a kind of root and is available in the market easily. It doesn’t contain sugar content like the potatoes though it tastes sweet. Sweet potato is also rich in minerals as well as it is full of edible fibers. Sweet potatoes are good for the health of the intestine and it also enhances the digestion process of the human body.
- Now talking about cutting sweet potatoes into dice shape, you should know that a sweet potato is like a tube in shape. It is narrower than the potato and thus it is easy to cut into dice. You can cut the sweet potato into round shape first and then cut each round piece into four halves. This will make your dice ready. Now you can make several dishes with them like a baked potato, crispy fries and so on.
How to Dice Potatoes for Home Fries?
If you are thinking of making potato fries for your lunch or dinner, then you need to know the proper shape to cut it. You can cut it in finger shapes to make French fries or slice them into round pieces to make chips. But home fries in dice shapes are very attractive to look into and also very tasty to eat. Here is the process to cut potatoes for home fries.
- Take a normal size potato and wash it well to wash off the dirt on it.
- Peel it off if you want to minimize the sugar content in the potato. You can also peel it off after you boil the potato to get the full nutrition from it.
- Cut the potato lengthwise into two halves. Now if you want to make smaller dices, you can cut the two halves into another two halves.
- Now cut the sides down and continue cutting the potato lengthwise into long pieces.
- After you make longer pieces of the potato, cut these pieces sidewise and you will get the dice ready for your home fries.
How to Cut Large Dice Potatoes?
Generally, potatoes are round or oval in shape. So if you want to make dice shapes you should cut the potatoes at least into more than 8 cubes to get a perfect dice shape. But if you need to have a large dice out of a potato, then you need to take a large size potato for this. The cut will depend on the size you need. If you need a large dice out of a single potato, then you will have to cut down the sides of the potato for that. Hold the potato into a 90-degree angle and cut the four sides accordingly. Now lay the potato sidewise and cut the top and bottom layer to give it a dice like a shape.
How do You Cut Potatoes into Cubes?
Cutting potatoes into cubes is not a very hard job. But you should remember that while you are taking out the cubes, the length and breadth of each piece should be equal.
- Hold the potato on the surface into a 90-degree angle and make 3 slices of it.
- Now keep these 3 slices one after one and cut them down into 3 equal segments. This will give you long finger shape pieces of the potato.
- Now turn the pieces sidewise and cut them into 3 equal segments. It will give you the perfect cubic shape potato pieces.
How do You Peel and Dice Potatoes?
The peeling of potatoes is not a very easy job. Once you peel it off, the nutrients are gone with the peels. So it is better to peel the potatoes after you boil them. This will make the peeling process easier and you will be able to peel the potato off with your fingers. Otherwise, you need to use a peeler for this job. After peeling you need to put the potato on the cutting board and cut it into slices. Now hold all of them, with your fingers and again give them a cut sidewise to get the potato fingers out of it. Again cut the fingers sidewise and you will get your potato dices ready on the board.
How do You Cut Potatoes for Stew?
Stew is one of the most nutritious and easy to digest foods. People who have problems in digestion or who are recovering from a very severe illness or accident should take stew as an energizing food.
- You can make different types of stews like chicken stew, veg stew, and many more. Potato is one of the most important ingredients of stew as it is a very good source of carbohydrate as well as micronutrients.
- It gives the stew a different type of texture and increases the thickness of it. You should always put potatoes in a bit larger size in the stew as after boiling it will melt up to a large extent into the soup. So cut the potato into four equal halves and put them into a stew.
- If you want the stew to be a bit thicker then you can cut the potatoes into smaller pieces so that they can get melted into the stew.
- The melted potato increases the test of the soup as well as increases the nutritious value of it. Now you can make your stew more delicious and give it a good texture.
- Potato is full of micronutrients and it serves as a good source of carbohydrate.
- Peel the potatoes off after you boil it otherwise it will lose all the nutrients.
- You need to cut the potatoes lengthwise and sidewise to give it a dice shape.
How do you quickly dice potatoes?
How do you dice potatoes in cubes?
What shape do you need to start out with when you dice a potato?
How do you dice potatoes for frying?
How do you cut matchstick potatoes?
How do you cut potatoes into thick chips?
How long should I Soak potatoes for fries?
What potatoes are best for chips?
How do you make crispy fries from scratch?
Why are my homemade French fries soggy?
Why do you Soak potatoes in water before frying?
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash potatoes leaving skin on (you can peel them if you prefer). Cut potatoes into desired size fries.
- Let potatoes soak in cold water in the sink or in a bowl for at least 30 minutes. Remove from water and dry very well.
- Toss with oil and seasonings.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
How do you make potato fries from scratch?
What are in Mcdonald’s fries?
Soaking peeled, washed and cut fries in cold water overnight removes excess potato starch, which prevents fries from sticking together and helps achieve maximum crispness.