It is every child’s fantasy and an adult’s passion to draw the all-time favorite Disney character Donald Duck.
Who does not want to fill his drawing book with the funny Donald Duck in different moods? In addition, drawing Donald Duck helps you kill boredom in corporate boardrooms and meetings with seniors in office.
Who is Donald Duck?
Donald Duck is a cartoon character who has caught the imagination of children and adults alike for more than 75 years. Walt Disney Productions created this humanlike character in the early part of this century. This duck is the most famous Disney production character after Mickey Mouse. He has caught the imagination of people in cartoon books and animation films. In other words, Donald Duck became the staple of entertainment on television. In addition, this character has been adopted as the theme of toys, clothes, and memorabilia.
- Donald Duck is a cartoon character created by Walt Disney Productions. This Duck has caught the imagination of children and adults alike.
- The humanlike character was developed in the early part of this century. It is the second most popular character after Mickey Mouse.
- Donald Duck has been the central character in comic books and animated films. Finally, there are toys, clothes, and other memorabilia centered on Donald Duck.
What does Donald Duck Look Like?
Donald Duck is an anthropomorphic cartoon character with a squeaky voice. In other words, though an animal, it is humanlike. In addition, dressed like a sailor, it has yellow-orange beak and legs. Therefore, to complete the sailor look, the creators have given it a sailor’s cap, a bow, and a shirt. Finally, Donald Duck is extremely hot-headed and has a very ill-temper.
- Donald Duck is an anthropomorphic character. In other words, it is humanlike.
- This cartoon character has a squeaky voice. Donald Duck looks like a sailor. Therefore, it has a sailor’s cap, a bow, and a shirt.
- In addition, it has yellow-orange legs and beak. Its personality is characterized by its ill-temper and extreme hot-headedness.
How to Draw Donald Duck?
Drawing Donald Duck, the famous Walt Disney character is a favorite pastime with children and adults alike. The angry duck has been a favorite with lovers of Walt Disney characters. Therefore, perfecting the art of drawing is a great way for many to fulfill a dream and passion. Following is a step by step method to draw Donald Duck in full, color it and frame it for posterity. All you need is a pencil, a paper, a sharpener, an eraser, yellow and orange colors.
You start from the head of Donald Duck. Draw a large smooth circle in the middle of the page.
- Next, draw 2 lines across the circle vertically as well as horizontally as contours. In other words, they should be spherical like longitude and latitude on a globe.
- Next comes to the eyes. Draw two spheres, a smaller one on the left of the vertical line and a larger one to the right of the vertical line.
- In the next step, you need to work on the beak. For this first draw an arc that connects the bottom of the eyes. In other words, draw 3 alphabetical ‘Cs’. You need to invert all of them and break them down at the bottom of the eyes.
- The Beak. To draw Donald’s beak, draw a double-lined ‘U’ starting from the bottom of the main circle till the 3rd inverted ‘C’ on the right side.
- The top beak is made from a flat ‘C’ shaped curve. Start this from the bottom of the rightmost inverted ‘C’ and extend it outside the main circle on the left. In addition, draw a wavy line on top of it. Two arcs above his eyes will create the eyebrows.
- Then came the sailor’s cap on Donald’s head. This is a curved shape cap starting from the left of the vertical spherical line inside the main circle extending to the right of the vertical spherical line.
- An inverted ‘U’ and an inverted ‘C’ on top of the bottom of the cap just drawn will complete the cap of Donald Duck.
- The basic structure of Donald Duck’s face is now in place. Next, you need to move to darken the lines drawn.
Draw Donald Duck – Easy Steps
Donald Duck’s caricature can be drawn in easy steps. In other words, it is easy to create and with its peculiar characteristics the final expression comes out very satisfying. In addition, the making of the other parts of the body is very easy.
- The feet and the hands are D shaped. In addition, the hands have a crescent moon with a bubble.
- In other words, if you understand that drawing Donald Duck is easy once you play with the alphabets, then creating this angry and funny Walt Disney character will come as easy to you as reading a comic.
- Donald Duck’s face can be drawn in 10 easy steps. You need to understand it is all about playing with alphabets.
- There are inverted ‘Cs’, us, and Vs that complete the face of Donald Duck.
- In addition, the ‘D’ forms the feet and crescent-shaped figures along with a ‘D’ form the hands.
How to Color Donald Duck?
Color the different parts of Donald Duck once you have finished creating the outline, sharp and clear. In other words, since this squeaky sounding, the ill-tempered cartoon character is humanlike, giving it colors is important. In addition, the sailor look is the key to making the Donald Duck you have drawn look original. Therefore, the jacket and the cap have to be blue in color, with a red ribbon on the chest.
- In addition, there are colors that will make this Donald look like a Duck too. Therefore, the legs and the beak have to be yellow.
- Coloring Donald Duck is an important part of making it look real. This Duck is humanlike. In addition, it is a sailor.
- Therefore, coloring it in a way that it looks like a sailor is important. Equally important is to make it look like a real Duck.
- Therefore, the blue jacket, cap, and the red ribbon on the chest give it the sailor look. Finally, the yellow legs and beak are there for the Duck look.
Finally, Some Tips on how to Draw Donald Duck
To get your perfect Donald Duck, here are some easy tips. In other words, there are some basic steps to follow to execute this funny, weird-looking Duck. Firstly, keep drawing rough lines before sharpening them after the basic drawing is complete. Secondly, play with the alphabets ‘C’, ‘U’, ‘V’, and ‘D’. Donald Duck is easy to create if you know where to draw these alphabets. In addition, the colors hold the key to create a perfect Donald Duck. This humanlike Duck has to look like a sailor. Therefore, the dress on it must be what sailors wear at sea. Finally, remember, Donald Duck is a very temperamental character. In other words, anger is second nature to it. Therefore, the look should be irritating and angry on the face always.
- Draw rough lines before finalizing it with a sharp pencil. The alphabets ‘C’, ‘V’, ‘D’, and U are key to creating the basic structure of this humanlike Duck.
- Colors must represent a sailor. Use blue to fill the clothes and cap.
- Therefore, the jacket and cap must be blue with a red ribbon on the chest. To give the Duck feel, the feet and beak have to be yellow.
- Finally, don’t forget Donald Duck is a very temperamental and angry character. Therefore, the look has to be of anger and irritation always on the face.