Grey hair is one of the coolest trends nowadays.
People are head over heels for this so-called ‘Granny Look’But most people don’t want to bleach their hair first before dying their hair greySince bleach is very harmful to hair health, there are multiple ways to dye hair grey without bleach.
Bleach is used before dying hair for the purpose to lighten the hair color so that hair can be dyed in any other color perfectly. However, people nowadays are conscious enough to avoid bleach.
Therefore, we have brought numerous natural ways that can help you to lighten your hair color. Then you can easily dye your hair grey without bleaching your hair first:
Natural ways to Dye Hair Grey without Bleach
We have compiled a list of all the natural remedies that will help you to lighten your hair color without bleaching your hair. But always remember, bleaching your hair naturally using home remedies will take time. You won’t get the results in one go.
You have to repeat the procedure several times to lighten your hair color. The darker your hair color is, the more you have to repeat the procedure. Once your hair color lightens, you are free to dye your hair grey without damaging your hair health:
Using Lemon As Natural Hair Color Lightening Remedy
Lemon has a natural ability to bleach the color pigments. That’s the reason why apples and potatoes are treated with lemon juice to bleach the pigments that blacken them.
Similarly, lemon juice is very potent bleaching agent if you are willing to lighten your hair naturally, without using bleach. Bleach your hair naturally using lemon by following the given procedure:
- Squeeze lemon juice in a bowl, keeping in view the length of your hair. Mix it with water in 2:1 ratio if you’ve course hair or 1:1 if you’ve thin hair.
- Spray the mixture in your hair and comb them to spread it evenly.
- Now sit under the sun or heat your hair using a blow dryer. Allow it to dry.
- Repeat the same procedure once in a week, for a few weeks, to get naturally bleached hair.
- Once you get the desired bleached hair, dye them grey using grey hair color.
Using Chamomile Tea As Natural Bleaching Agent
Chamomile tea is another natural remedy that can help you achieve bleached hair naturally. It is very effective that helps to dye your hair grey without bleach. It contains certain chemicals that have a bleaching effect. All you have to do is:
- Steep a few tea bags in hot water. The quantity depends on the length of your hair. For medium length hair, steep around 5-7 tea bags in 2 cups of hot water.
- Let it soak in water till the water cools.
- Take the tea in a jug.
- Wash your hair and then soak your hair in the tea. You can also pour the tea over your wet hair.
- Let it dry naturally.
- The bleaching agent in the tea will bleach your hair naturally after repeating it a few more times.
- Now, you can dye your hair grey.
Using Honey In Combination With Oil And Vinegar
Honey with a combo of vinegar is another natural way to bleach hair without using chemicals. Honey has a little lightening effect and vinegar too has bleaching power. The combination can serve the right to bleach hair naturally. The procedure is:
- Mix honey and vinegar in a ratio 1:2 and add olive/coconut oil in the mixture.
- Thoroughly wash your hair.
- Then spray the mixture on your damp hair and spread with the help of a comb.
- Put a shower cap on your head and leave it overnight.
- Wash your hair in the morning.
- You will get the desired lightened hair after using it a few times.
- Dye your hair grey using high-quality hair dye.
Using Hair Dyes That Are Free Of Bleach Or Peroxides
There are many hair colors in the market that are made of the highest quality ingredients. They do not contain ammonia, bleach, or even peroxides. These high-quality hair dyes are best to use.
So, if you have blonde, dark blonde or light brown hair, you can directly use these hair dyes to color your hair grey. You absolutely don’t have to worry about the exposure of your hair to bleach or other harmful chemicals.
Using Temporary Grey Colour Sprays Or Hair Wax Creams
If you still feel like you are not ready to color your hair grey yet, or you have very dark colored hair, then you can go for temporary grey hair sprays or wax creams.
The best thing about them is that you can enjoy the trending grey hair look by spraying your hair into a grey color without bleaching them. And then you can wash hair to remove them anytime, exposing your real hair color.
Using these temporary alternatives is so much fun. There are many options in the market that offer natural wax hair creams and sprays that do not damage hair.