Writing was discovered to make the documents permanent. In the modern age, we use a pen to write on papers to document some events. But sometimes we make mistakes during the writing and then it becomes impossible to erase the ink from the paper without damaging it. Here are the ways to do so.
How to Remove Pen Ink from the Paper without Damaging the Paper?
We write on paper with the pen to make a permanent document of any event or any article to get the trace of the same in the future. The scientists write down their experiments and formulas to use them in the future.
- Writers take note of their thoughts to bring them in front of people later on. Students not down class lectures to get hold of the subjects later when they will read them. In a word, writing is a very important work to make permanent documents of various events.
- Previously people used to write on the clay blocks and then they used to burn them for preservation. On the other hand, some people used to emboss the alphabets on stones so that nothing could wipe them out.
- Eventually, people discovered papyrus to write down and there are so many evidence of this. In India, the ancient people used to use palm leaves to write down different events. These dry leaves eventually turned into the paper with inventions of newer techniques.
- In childhood, kids learn to write with pencils on the paper which we can easily erase with the help of an eraser. But as we grow up, we learn the use of pen and ink to write down things on paper.
- But it is hard to wipe off the ink from the paper as the chemical in the ink makes the marks permanent. You can try to wipe them out but in the normal ways the ink never gets off completely and on due courses, it damages the paper.
- But sometimes you need to wipe off the ink as in some cases you don’t have the option to change the paper or you can’t afford to damage the paper.
Use Special Type of Rubber
You can use a special type of rubber to get the ink of the paper. But before that, you need to know whether the ink is of that special type which you can erase with that rubber. Most of the erasable ink is blue in color and when you buy the refill there will be clear indications about it.
- You have another way to erase the ink of the ballpoint pen with the vinyl eraser. Since these erasers are very hard in nature, so you need to be very careful while using one.
- A Triple-ought to sandpaper in association with a small sanding block is also very useful in wiping off the ink from the paper. Here you need to be a little tricky while using the sandpaper. Cut a small piece of the paper and set it on the eraser attached at the end of the pencil. Now rub it gently on the paper from where you want to take the ink off.
- Some people use the fine grit grinders to remove the ink from the paper. It is a machine with a sandpaper surface. The machine is capable of sand the paper more evenly than you do it with your hands. But it is harsh on the paper and thus you need to use it only when the paper is strong enough.
How to Remove Ball Pen Ink from the Paper without Damaging the Paper?
Most of us nowadays use ballpoint pens to write. It helps us to write easier and faster than traditional fountain pens. Ballpoint pens are handy to use and you don’t need to refill it every day. You also can keep it in your pocket without any worry as there is the least possibility of leakage of ink. This is why ballpoint ink pens are the most popular among the people. But wiping off the ink of the ballpoint pen from a paper is also very hard, but it’s not impossible though. So here we are giving you some tips to take off the ink of the ballpoint pen from a paper.
- In case of removing the inks from the papers, nail polish removers are very popular to get the ink off. Put one or two drops of nail polish remover on the particular area and then rub the area with a clean cotton ball or an ear-bud.
- If you want to erase any mark of ink from your books, acetone is one of the best solutions for it. It gives you the best result on the ink of the ballpoint pen and even more precisely blue ink is easy to remove than that of the black ink.
- You can even try rubbing alcohol or isopropyl on the paper to remove any kind of trace of ink from a paper. Take some drops of rubbing alcohol in a cotton ball or on the ear-bud and then rub the area with it. If you want to erase all the inks from the paper, then it is better to soak the sheet into the rubbing alcohol.
- Lemon juice contains citric acid which dilutes the molecules of ink on the paper. So you can put some drops of lemon juice on the paper and clean the area by rubbing it with some cotton.
- Take some baking soda in a bowl and mix some water into it. This will make a fine paste and you need to put it on the particular area from where you want to remove the ink. You can use a soft-bristled toothbrush to get the ink off the paper.
How to Erase Pen from a Paper without Acetone?
Removing ink from paper sometimes gets inevitable as you can’t afford to change or damage it you are writing on. That’s why you need to know some life hacks through which you can easily remove the ink from the paper. There are some mechanical methods that can be fruitful but the damage of the paper becomes inevitable then. This is why you should use some of the chemical processes. In this way, you can remove the ink from the paper and there will be no traces of the ink as well.
- You can use lemon juice as it contains some acids to dilute the molecules of the ink. Acid is a corrosive chemical. It will break the ink down and you can remove them with the help of a cotton ball.
- The lemon juice hack works on the weightier papers than that of the light-weight papers.
- Some preparing pop mixture is a good alternative to wipe out ink stains from the papers. Take a ball of white cotton and dunk it into the mixture. Now rub the ball on the paper gently to get the ink out of the paper.
- Rubbing alcohol is one of the best available solutions to get off the inks from papers. Chemically it is isopropyl and thus you can use it instead of acetone. Take some rubbing alcohol in a cotton ball and gently swab it through the paper. This will take the inks off from the paper.
- If you need to take the whole thing off from the paper that you wrote, you can soak the paper in rubbing alcohol in a washing tray for a few minutes. Then rub it with a clean dry piece of cloth to wipe the ink off.
- Last but not the least, here is another remedy to get the ink off the paper. The brake fluid removes the stain of ink from the paper without any trace. Apply a small amount of this liquid on the particular area and then rub with a cotton ball. It will give you the best result.
How to Erase Pen Ink from Cheque?
A Cheque is a negotiable instrument that we can use to pay or transfer money to another person. This is why you need to write the cheques very carefully. Some little mistakes or over writings may cause the cancellation of the cheque. So here we are discussing how you can remove the ink from a cheque without any indication.
- The first step is to remove the indications that your pen had left on the cheque. For this, you need to put the cheque upside down on a flat surface and then rub the back of it with a blunt surface of a knife or a pen.
- Now take two paper towels and fold them to lay on the surface and put your cheque on them. Take some cotton and make a ball with it, or you can arrange for some cotton swab.
- Now dip them into acetone and rub the surface of the cheque with it. This will take off all the ink from the surface of the cheque.
How to Remove Ink from Colored Paper?
The best way to remove ink from a colored paper is friction. Take a sharp blade and rub the angle of the blade on the ink. It will bring out the ink molecules along with some of the paper.
How do You Remove Correction Fluid from Paper?
We generally use correction fluids to cover the ink marks on paper. To remove them, you can directly put some isopropyl or rubbing alcohol on it and rub it with a paper towel. It will bring the ink out of the paper.
- Baking soda and water together can show magical improvements to take off ink from paper.
- Acetone is the most popular chemical to remove ink stains from paper.
- Use sandpaper or a sharp blade to take off ink by friction method.