Breaking your phone screen can be heartbreaking.
Fortunately, the phone could be working just fine but you still don’t like the broken screenThere is no need to throw away the phoneYou can fix the crack all by yourselfReading through this article will only confirm that you have a solution at hand.
Using nail polish is one of the oldest tricks you can use to repair broken phone screens at home. This article will guide you on how to use nail polish to fix a cracked screen by removing that annoying patch on your phone.
Step 1: Assess your Phone
You first need to evaluate the extent of the damage. Analyze if the screen is shattered or cracked. If the screen is shattered, you need to be careful since tiny shards of the screen are sticking out. Depending on whether the screen is broken or shattered, there exist temporary solutions that you can employ the damage.
For a shattered screen, cover it with a Sellotape to prevent the shards from falling off. It would be best if you also determine whether it is the screen itself that has been damaged or the protective glass. Is the phone functioning normally? If there are black spots, show that the LED screen has been damaged. If the screen has a slight crack, you can go forward and use nail polish to fix it.
Step 2: Choose the Color of the Polish
After assessing the damage, you should choose the nail polish color carefully. Selecting a wrong color will only make the screen to have a beautiful stripe that is quite annoying. The reason for fixing the screen is to hide the broken patch.
Dark colors make the patch more pronounced, and therefore you should avoid them. You probably want to select a color that matches with your screen. For the front screen, you should choose light colors that will make the crack invisible. Light colors adapt to the color of the screen and therefore, can help make the repaired patch will be hardly visible.
Step 3: Spring Clean
The process of cleaning the screen is easy and straightforward. Follow all the steps given here.
- You first need to wipe the screen clean using a tissue paper or a clean piece of cloth. Nail polish bonds easily with a clean surface.
- Also, use a toothbrush to clean the cracked part to ensure that it is dust-free before applying nail polish. A clean surface will also give you a clear view of the crack, and this will ensure that the nail polish is applied evenly on the crack. In case of shattered screen, wipe carefully to avoid picking shards of glass as you clean the screen. Picking up the glass can dent your hopes of repairing the screen yourself, and therefore you need to be careful.
Step 4: Apply Sellotape around the Broken Part
Sellotape can also help you ensure all the cracks are taken care of since some cracks are tiny and maybe forgotten. It also helps to seal shattered areas and therefore prevents dust and moisture from getting into the cracks. Again, it prevents the screen from being wrinkled in case it is shattered, and therefore it is imperative in maintaining the shape.
- Switch on your phone so that you can see exactly where the screen is broken. Use a Sellotape to mark the broken areas to avoid spreading polish all over your screen.
Step 5: Apply Nail Polish
Here are the steps when it comes to applying the Nail polish.
- Remove the Sellotape carefully
- Use a toothpick to apply small amounts of polish on the cracks. Only apply nail polish to the broken parts and not the entire screen. A significant amount of nail polish takes longer to dry and can stick to the screen, thus making it difficult to clean.
- Tilt the phone back and forth to ensure that the polish penetrates the cracks and seal them completely.
- Leave the phone to dry completely before you scrap off the nail polish. Nail polish takes about 10 minutes to dry.
- Once the nail polish has dried, use a razor to scrap off the polish from the screen.
- Reapply the nail polish if the crack is still visible to fill the crack completely.
- Once you fill the crack with nail polish, it will be invisible and you will have removed the sickening crack on your phone. By this point, you should have fully repaired a broken screen. Nail polish seals the crack, therefore, preventing dust and water from getting into the screen.
Step 6: Put a Glass Cover
Once you fix the crack, it is essential to take further precautionary measure to prevent the screen from breaking again. The first thing you need to do is to protect your screen with a glass screen protector.
A glass cover protects the screen from direct impact in case it falls. Screen protectors also protect the screen from dust, water, and scratches. You cannot rely on a drop of nail polish to protect the screen from moisture and dust for long, and this calls for a glass cover.