Slime is a fun and satisfying toy to play with, whether you’re a child or a child at heart. When you’re feeling stressed at work, it just gives you that relief once you start touching all over it.
However, the longer you have your slime, the more it changes its quality compared to when you purchased it the first time.
Here’s how to make your slime back to its soft quality again.
Making your Slime Soft
- Make use of warm water
- Take a medium pot and fill it up with water half full.
- Just boil the water for a little bit and check the water if it’s already smoking. Do not boil it too much, or it will be too hot to use for later. If you failed to warm it and boiled it all the way, take it out from the heat and wait for it to cool down.
- Take a medium-size bowl and place the dried slime inside.
- Fill the bowl with warm water. Do it slowly when pouring the warm water to the slime.
- Then poke the slime while pouring the warm water on it. Test if it’s already stretchy or softer. If the slime is back to its softness, it’s now ready to use again.
- Use your microwave
- It’s a bit the same as the previous method mentioned above. But instead, you’re going to use the microwave at this time. Place your slime in a microwaveable bowl.
- Then just put a little water in it just enough that it covers the slime. Don’t put too much or even too little.
- Then, place the bowl with slime and water inside the microwave until the water is boiling.
- Let the slime mixture soak in the water for at least 12 minutes, depending on how big your slime is. If it’s smaller, just soak it for 10 minutes. If it’s bigger, then let it sit for 15 minutes.
- When it’s cooled down now, check the slime if it’s already soft and stretchy. If not, just repeat the same process until it’s soft again.
- Use any type of lotion
- Find a flat surface to work on, if you have a marble table where you usually bake bread, then use it as a workspace. If there’s none, any flat surface will work.
- Then lay your slime on the flat surface.
- You will then add two tablespoons of your lotion into your slime.
- Then add a little bit of water. A sprinkle of it will do. Make sure you do not put a lot of it since you already put some lotion in it.
- Work on your slime like how you do on your bread dough and knead it. Knead it by folding and pressing the slime.
- When you’re kneading the slime, check if it’s already stretchy or soft. If it’s still tougher, then just add a bit of water again then knead.
- At this point, your slime should be soft by now and ready to play with.
- Use a gel
- It’s highly recommended to use an antibacterial gel so you can apply a double purpose on revamping your slime again. The antibacterial properties of the gel will help you clean the slime that has a dirt build-up.
- Work on your slime a few drops at a time by mixing it with a spatula or spoon.
- Keep mixing the slime with gel until it becomes soft again. At this point, you don’t need to add water since the gel is quite watery compared to lotion.
- Check if the slime is already soft. If it’s not, just repeat the same process until you achieve the desired consistency.
Here is how you can make your slime last longer
- First off, keep the slime away from reach of little infants or toddlers as well as from your pets. Understand that slime looks too appealing, and they might get tempted to eat the slime. Remember, it’s not supposed to be ingested.
- Don’t let the slime go idle cold. The cold temperature can result in a dry slime and can be tougher to handle. Always store it properly out from cold temperatures to preserve its stretchiness.
- The slime gets too sticky if you accidentally place it on a wet surface or pour a liquid in it. You can solve this by using a little bit of the activator. This will get rid of the excess moisture that is present in the slime. There are a lot of pre-made activators that you can purchase in the store or online.
How do you soften hard slime?
How do you make stiff slime stretchy again?
How do you fix slime that breaks apart?
- Immerse the slime in warm water and leave it to soak. Once the water is cool, knead and stretch the slime in the water.
- Heat the slime in a microwave-proof bowl for 90 seconds. When the slime is cool enough to touch, knead and stretch it.
Why is my slime breaking apart?
What does shaving cream do to slime?
How do you make slime with 2 ingredients?
How do you make fluffy slime with 2 things?
- Put 1/2 cup shampoo and 1/4 cup of cornstarch in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add 3 drops of food coloring (optional).
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and stir. Slowly add 5 more tablespoons of water, stirring well after each one.
- Knead the slime for around 5 minutes.
How do I make fluffy slime at home?
How do you make fluffy slime with 3 ingredients?
- Place glue in a plastic bowl. If you’re adding food coloring, add it now until desired color is reached.
- Add saline solution and mix until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of shaving cream. The more you add, the thicker it’ll be.
- Stir until you can no longer stir and then kneed with your hands.
How do you make slime with 3 ingredients?
- (4-ounce) bottles washable school glue, such as Elmer’s (see note for variations)
- 1 to 2 drops. liquid food coloring (optional)
- glitter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon. baking soda.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons. saline solution (i.e., contact lens solution), divided.