Many of us want a dream home and when we finally make them, we try to fulfill each of our wishes about it.
Some prefer wooden floors and stairs and thus, they use wooden plates to fixBut a wood may change its shape over timeSqueaking is normal.
How do You Fix Squeaky Stairs from above the Stairs?
A house is a dream for many of us. In our society, we measure success in terms of tangible assets in our life like a house, a car, and so on. Thus many of us dream of a house where we can stay together with our family. We dream to decorate it with all the latest facilities we can afford.
- Most of us try to bring all the latest fashionable furniture and fixtures to make it look beautiful. We believe that a house can be the reflector of the social status of a person. This is why some people like wood flooring even in their staircases too.
- When you wrap the staircase with woods, then there is a possibility that the woods will shrink due to changing weather conditions and many other factors. This shrinkage causes the squeaking of the stairs.
- Generally, when we make any wooden furniture, we leave the woods in open space to get seasoned. When they get seasoned well, then only we make furniture out of them.
- If the woods are not properly seasoned, then there is a possibility of squeaking. Squeaking stairs can be dangerous especially if you are using the stairs at midnight or early in the morning.
- You may step in such a place where the squeaking has appeared and it may be because you sprain as well as accidents too. So here are some steps through which you can easily fix a squeaking staircase.
- The best thing you can do to fix a squeaking staircase is to screw it down properly with the riser. Make a drill on the wood tread and then put a longer screw into it. Now take a screwdriver and fix it tightly with the riser so that it can’t come up again. Generally, 3 screws are enough for each trade.
- If you see that the staircase is exposed, then you can apply some wood filler so that you can conceal the screws. Nailing the trades will also be fruitful in such conditions. Take some nails and hammer them into the riser through the edge of the trade.
- If you find that a rider has got loose and that is creating the problem, then you can easily fix it using a molding or a quadrant. You can glue the trade on the top edge of the riser or at the bottom edge. You can put pins also in the molds to make the fixation stronger.
- Use glue blocks to attach the trade with the risers so that they can’t get up again.
Best Glue for Squeaky Stairs
When you locate a squeak in your stairs, then you need to find out some remedy to fix them up. To fix them from inside gluing is one of the best processes among all. While talking about the glue to fix the squeaky staircases, you can obtain the best result from the carpenter glue. It works very well on wooden models and projects.
- Put the glue on the trade and the riser. Then put the trade-in its particular place. Now put something heavy on it so that it doesn’t slip or skid from the place. You can also ask your partner to stand on it after you fix it with the glue.
- Some people may ask for the construction adhesive to fix the staircase. Though carpenter glue and construction adhesive are different as per their work and results, in this case, you can use both of them.
How much does it Cost to Fix Squeaky Stairs?
Many people ask about the cost to fix a squeaky staircase. There are some factors that decide the cost of fixing work.
- If the problem is in a small area then the cost will be lesser. But if you need to fix a large area due to squeaking then the cost may go high.
- On the contrary, the cost depends on the type of fixation you want for your staircase. If you want a superficial treatment then the carpenter will just drill the trade and the riser and will put a long screw through them.
- It will be enough to fix the staircase for the time being. But if you would like to have a permanent solution to the squeaking then you need to spend some more money on it.
- Approximately it may cost something around $580 on average. The rise of the cost will depend upon the type of service you want to avail of.
How do You Stop Stairs from Squeaking?
To stop stairs from squeaking you need to check the wood well at first. If you will use properly seasoned wood for your flooring, then you may not have to face any problem regarding squeak. Moreover, try to use the best adhesive in the market to fix it properly. You can also use nails too to fix it properly with the concrete surface to stop squeaking.
Why do My Stairs Squeak?
Your dream home is the model of your fantasy. So when you have decided on the wood flooring, then you need to be more cautious about the usages. Rough uses of the wooden surface of the staircase increase the chances of squeaking. If you will put your feet softly on the staircases, then the risk will be less. If you are taking any heavy furniture by these stairs, then there is a chance of squeaking due to the collisions.
Are Squeaky Stairs Dangerous?
Of course, they are dangerous. Your feet may get stuck and you can meet accidents due to these squeaks. So repair as soon as possible if there is any squeaking stair in your home.
- Call a carpenter as soon as possible to fix the squeaking stairs to avoid accidents.
- Use long screws or nails to fix them superficially.
- Use carpenter glue or construction adhesive to fix them well.