If you’re ready to join the dating game in middle school, here are some steps to help you get a girlfriend:
Make yourself likeable
If you like a girl in middle school but for some reason, she doesn’t notice you, it could be because you’re not paying enough attention to making yourself likeable. Here are some tips:
- Be mindful of your hygiene. If you’re not one of the lucky few who are blessed with good genes, you can still look attractive by being mindful of your personal hygiene.
- Always make sure that you take a shower, brush your teeth and comb your hair properly before going to school. You can also use a light perfume so you can smell good every time she’s near.
- Dress well every time. While you don’t have to be dressed to the nines every day, you should learn how to pick the right clothing to wear every time you’re in school. Girls in middle school love boys who wear clothes that are clean and free of any tears.
- Be true to your style but make sure that you look proper every time you go to school and if you get a chance to take the girl you like out on a date.
- Address any skin problems. You may be insecure about your acne, which could affect your confidence in approaching the girl you like in middle school.
- To address that problem, it’s time to go to a dermatologist who can prescribe the right medications for you to finally say goodbye to your acne and be more confident every time you’re out.
Get her attention
Now that we’ve tackled the improvements that you can do on yourself to be more likeable, it’s time to take the right steps to get the attention of the girl you like in middle school. Here’s how:
- Acknowledge her presence. Whenever she’s around, go up to her to say hello. It will let the girl you like know that you notice her without being too aggressive.
- After greeting her, go back to your friends and spend time with them.
- You can also ask if you could sit with her in school assemblies or in the cafeteria, but don’t break away with your friends completely so you can still find the balance between spending time with your friends and paying more attention to the girl you like in school.
- Strike up a simple conversation. Once she’s more comfortable with you, it’s time to get into a conversation with her so you can get to know her more.
- But since you don’t want to turn her off by being too aggressive, you can start with a light conversation about things that you share in common like school activities or the latest news in the campus.
- Compliment her. Girls love compliments and it’s a great way to show her that you notice her and her accomplishments. Don’t be afraid if your compliment would sound cheesy as long as they’re reasonable. For instance, you can tell her that her outfit looks nice or that she is doing great in school.
- Remember that girls want a boyfriend who appreciates their accomplishments and personality more than their beauty.
- Be her friend. Before you can be romantic with the girl you like, you should be her friend first. Although you would like to take your relationship beyond friendship, it is a great way to start a great partnership because it allows you to get to know each other better and just have fun together.
Notice her body language
Once you have the attention of the girl you like, make sure to look at her body language. Girls in middle school are usually too shy to admit if they like you or not, but they can show it to you through their body language.
Here are some of the signs that she might feel the same way for you:
- She smiles to you a lot. Some girls are just naturally friendly, but if she has that special smile whenever you’re around, it could mean that she likes you too.
- She pays attention when you’re speaking. When a girl likes you, she would stop what she’s doing and give her full attention when you’re speaking. You may even notice her leaning towards you while you’re talking.
- She makes eye contact with you. If a girl is truly interested in you, she will try to hold eye contact with you and you can even catch her stealing glimpses at you every now and then.
- She may try to hold you. A girl doesn’t just hold you if she only wants to be friends with you. So if she puts your hands on your shoulder or arm when you’re talking, it could be a sign that she feels the same way for you.
- She likes to spend time with you. A girl will never make time for you if she doesn’t like you. So if you notice that she sits near or beside you during school events or she immediately says yes whenever you ask her out, then she might like you.
Treat her well
Once you’re more comfortable with each other, it’s time to get to know her better by making her feel special and letting her know of your intentions to date her. Here are some tips:
- Offer help when you can. Girls appreciate a gentleman so be that for her. Offer to carry her books to class, tell her that you can study together for a big test and just ask her what she needs help with. Simple gestures mean a lot for girls, so make sure that you help her out when you can.
- Focus on her whenever you’re together. Make your girl feel that she is the most special person in your life by making sure that you only have eyes for her whenever you are together.
- Make eye contact and don’t let your eyes wander around or she’ll easily lose interest towards you. Also, try to avoid looking at her body or she’ll think that you’re only after being physical.
Of course, you can’t stop making your girl feel special after she says “yes” to being your girlfriend. In fact, you have to put more effort into treating her like she’s the most special girl in the world.
Make sure that you respect her, help her out, be her friend and always know whenever she needs you. But don’t forget to give her the personal space that she needs by not being too demanding or aggressive.
Let her enjoy time with friends, bond with her family and just relax on her own so she can focus on the things that she wants to do without you bothering or pestering her. Offer support but don’t be too clingy so you can keep your relationship interesting.
Being in middle school is sort of an adventure. You get to make new friends. Also, you get to meet many girls. It might be that you are attracted to someone and would like to have her as your girlfriend. No, you should take hasty steps. You have to be careful not to make the wrong impression or overdo yourself. These ideas given below will help you to stand out among the crowd.
- Be Yourself
In order to get yourself noticed, the first thing that you need to do is be yourself. You need to be creative but it is also important to ensure that you are completely honest with her. You obviously want the girl to like real you and not someone who is pretending,
- Continue with the activities that you like doing. For example, if you do not like sports then don’t pretend as you do.
- Abide by your own beliefs and code of conduct. Altering your belief to grab the attention of someone you like would only mean that you are not confident about yourself. Hence, the girl might find it hard to give you respect.
- Stay in your comfort zone. This will enable you to avoid any kind of awkward situations.
- Get to Know Her
The next important step that you have to take is trying to get to know her. If you make an effort to know her and tell her that you are trying to understand what she truly believes in, she is going to be attracted to you.
- Ask about her hobbies and what she likes doing.
- Listen to her when she talks. Do not simply sit there and nod your head without paying attention. Give your own contribution to the conversation by adding a question or a comment.
- Ask her about the friends she has and try to find about more about them.
- Talk to her about her family. Find out if she has a sibling if she has an extended family, or whether or not she lives with her parents.
- Ask her about her favorite color, food, movies, and pastime. However, make sure that you do not ask her these all at once. Take your time.
- Dress Appropriately
It is important that you look at your best self. However, don’t just all your pocket money on brand new clothes.
- Check for tears and rips in your clothes. They should be clean.
- Put on clothes that are somewhat new and bright rather than the ones which have faded over time.
- Set your hair properly.
- Be clean and make sure that you smell good. It might seem like an obvious point but many people out there tend to neglect this. For instance, if you have been playing and will meet thereafter, take a quick shower. This helps in creating a good impression.
- In case you have acne, visit a dermatologist to get it cured. At times, these make you feel self-conscious and all you need is confidence.
- Do not use too much cologne. Some people are sensitive to it and hence, can make the girl you like nauseated.
- Capture Her Attention
It is time that you grab her attention and make sure that she notices you.
- Find a balance between not ignoring your own friends and trying to get to know her. When you see her, separate from your friends and say hello. However, make sure that you get back to your friends.
- If you run into her during an event, say hello. You should be afraid to have a conversation with her. If you have to ask her something, go ahead.
- Compliment Her
When you see her, make sure that you compliment her. You shouldn’t worry about being cheesy. All you need to do is make sure that the compliments are reasonable.
- Tell her why you like her. If you love how she laughs, compliment her about it.
- Do you feel that she looks particularly nice on a certain day? Tell her that but you shouldn’t come out too strong.
- Usually, a girl doesn’t like someone who wants to be with because she is popular or pretty. Hence, while complimenting emphasize on her accomplishments or personality.
- Body Language is Crucial
In order to understand what she feels, you have to understand her body language. Pay close attention to it.
- She smiles more often at what you say.
- When you are speaking, you see her leaning towards you.
- You catch her looking at you and see her making eye contact.
- Even if you crack cheesy jokes, she laughs at it.
- She might even put her hand on your shoulder or arm while making conversation with you.
- Make Her Feel She is Special
It is time to make her feel that she is really special. This will make her understand that you are interested in her.
- Try to provide your help to her. For example, you can carry her books, help her out with the school project, or just open the locker for her.
- Take her phone number and send her a text saying that you are thinking about her.
- Get her to help you with school work. In case she is good in a particular subject, you can ask her to help you out.
- You need to tell her that you are happy to see her and liked the conversation that you had with her. She should know that you feel comfortable talking to her.
- Figure Out How She Feels about You
You might be scared to ask her out on a date. It might be that you are scared that she is going to say no. Thus, it is necessary to find out how she feels about you.
- Check her body language and notice if she seeks you out.
- Notice if she is sitting beside you in class.
- Does she take interest in what you like or do not like?
In case these do not work, then you ask her right away. This way you will come to know about her feeling but it does require some courage on your part. As not everyone has it in them to ask a girl about her feelings right away.
- Things You Need to Say
This is an easy part. By now, she has already deduced or knows that you like her and consider her to be special. Now, it is time to figure out what you are going to tell her. For this, you just have to ask.
- Go and tell her that you guys have been talking for a while now and that you really like her. Then ask her out for a movie.
- Or you can say that you would love to go with her to the school dance event.
- You can also invite her to your house to spend some time together. It has to be clear that you are asking her out on a date and not just hang around like friends.
- Asking the Girl to be Your Girlfriend
When you have come to know her and would like to ask her to become your girlfriend, one of the best things to do is be honest. It might be difficult to get yourself out there since there is a chance that you are going to be rejected. However, you might not ever find out if you do not ask.
- Let her know that you like her more than just as a friend.
- Try to be romantic with her. Write her a note, get her some flowers, and offer sincere compliments.
- Ask if she would prefer being your girlfriend.
- Comfortable Situations
If you are lucky and the girl says yes, there are some ground rules that have to be established. This will make the situation comfortable for you both. As a matter of fact, it will keep you from getting hurt and you can avoid uncomfortable situations.
- Instead of spending alone time more often, you should go out in groups.
- Hang out together at home only when there is someone present there.
- Make it a point not to flirt with other people. It might be an obvious point but you might lose focus. You do not obviously want to hurt your girlfriend and disrespect her self-esteem.
- Talk to both of your parents regarding the guidelines they think needs to be in place. As you still have to depend on them for transportation, it is better to keep them involved in the conversation.
- Make sure that you do not stray away from your friends in order to be with your girlfriend.
- It is necessary to be ready in order to put someone else’s needs before your own. This might mean that you will not be able to do whatever you want, all the time.
Do not neglect your studies. If you take away study time to spend more time with your girlfriend then it might make you suffer from bad grades. This will is not going to be good for you in the long run.