Hair growth is an essential factor in everyone’s life especially girls. We all have different hair like they can differ based on color, texture, volume, length, etc.
4C hair refers to the tightly coiled strands; they are fragile and consist of a zig-zag pattern. These 4C hair types are treated with the greatest shrinkage of almost about 75% or more.
Let’s see what the different stages of 4C hair are.
What are the Different Stages of 4C Hair?
Unlike normal hair, 4C hair consists of three stages. In normal hair, we notice that the very first factor is growth in the initial years and after that when they acquire a certain length, they stop growing and the last factor is the shedding.
Similarly, these three stages also imply the 4C hair but in a slightly different manner.
So, the three stages of 4C hair are as follows.
Well, this is the very first stage of the 4C hair. At this stage, the hair growth is all that matters. Each hair strand faces this phase. It is the longest period and is very crucial for all types of hair. This can take up to 3-10 years depending on the growth hormones, hair types, and many other factors.
- At his phase, the hair follicle grows about ½ to 1 inch every 28 days. This cycle keeps on going until you attain the desired length or you can say until the next stage starts.
- Our hair directly links to the blood vessels for proper stimulation. The growth rate is faster because of the nourishment provided by the blood vessels. This stage is also responsible for the great texture of hair. It makes hair grow faster as well as stronger. You can observe thicker hair strands at the anagen stage.
- According to scientific research if you are leading a healthy life then approximately 88 to 90% of your hair is at this particular stage.
- This is the next stage or you can say the middle stage of 4C hair. It lasts for a shorter period as compared to the anagen stage. The middle phase is also referred to as the resting stage and lasts up to four weeks. This stage comes when your hair is fully grown and now they rest.
- Well, if we apply a little mathematics over here, then we will notice that the maximum length in five years must be 30 inches. But very few people with 4C hair become successful to reach this length. We will discuss this in the later sections.
Telogen is the final stage and we will notice that approximately 11% of our hair is going through this stage. This phase is also known as the shedding process.
- You can observe this by hair fall at a lower level or you can also see hair on your comb while you detangle, style, braid, etc.
- It is difficult to notice but on average we can lose around 50- 100 strands in a day. Dreadlocks are very useful for people who have hair fall problems. There is no hair fall in dreadlocks and the hair grows longer.
- So, now we are familiar with all the stages of 4C hair. And we can move further and see how we can grow 4C hair.
Hair Growth Facts that will Amaze You
So, here are some amazing hair growth facts.
- Some of you will think that what will happen if all the hair strands move to the telogen phase, well, this cannot happen ever. Your maximum hair strands are at the anagen stage and will never fall at once.
- Each hair follicle consists of the capacity to grow at least 20 hairs for a lifetime. So, when you shed a hair strand, others will start to grow from the root. So, no worries.
- Hair breakage and hair shedding are two different factors.
- Some of the people are very disappointed as they cannot see their full hair growth. The reason behind this is that the hair breaks in the middle before it is fully grown.
- If you are suffering from hair problems like alopecia, effluvium, etc. then you can face extreme hair loss.
- Hair growth might depend on genetic factors.
Now, let’s dive into the tips and tricks and see how we can enhance the growth of 4C hair.
How to Maximize Hair Growth?
There are so many tricks that will help you out to grow your hair.
1. Try to Prevent Hair from Breakage
4C hair is very dry in texture and easily tangles. So, in this situation avoid pulling hair out of the roots, you can opt for hairstyles in which your hair is closely packed such as braids, dreadlocks, and other protective hairstyles.
- You can go for hair products that provide moisture to your hair instead of opting for the hair products that make your hair drier.
- So, choose wisely and also make sure you are using hair serums for easy detangling without putting any pressure on the roots while detangling.
2. Treat Your Hair Problems
- Some of us think that hair fall is natural. Well, this is true but at a certain limit. If we observe that around 50 – 100 strands are falling in a day then it is normal. But if more strands are falling then you are in big trouble. You need to consult a hair specialist to treat your hair problem.
- Well, this can also be due to dandruff because of excessive dryness in your scalp or something else. Anyways don’t risk it and get your treatment done as soon as possible and once you are treated you can measure the 30 inches length after 5 years.
3. Try to Increase Your Anagen Phase
As we have discussed that approximately 88- 90% of our hair falls in this phase, we don’t need to worry about it. But if you are a girl who likes long hair and wants them to grow fast then you need to work to extend your anagen phase.
- If your anagen phase is left for only 3 years then you can double or triple its life span. We can do this by choosing the right products for your hair. This includes the hair products that make your hair stronger and thicker.
- You need to maintain a balanced diet and intake as many nutrients as you can from a healthy diet.
- You can go for a hair spa for healthy hair. Also, you can take the pleasure of hair massage using olive oil and castor oils and leave them overnight. These act as a hair mask and after you wash your hair using a mild shampoo, you will get healthy hair with improved texture. Texture and growth you will observe in the long run but you can see the nourishment just after 2- 3 times of usage.
- Also, you can try out different DIY’s to increase hair growth. Avoid going for chemical treatments, these will only worsen the hair growth factor.
So, these are the ways to grow 4C hair and maintain their length.
- Hair is an essential part when it comes to beauty. Talking about 4C hair, we see them growing at a slower rate. But actually, they are growing at a normal rate but they shrink as they grow.
- A good hair care routine is a must for all types of hair and you need to take special care for 4C hair types.
- You can work for various hair growth DIY’s but make sure that is helping you to enhance the growth. Don’t go for DIY hacks if you don’t have much knowledge about it. It is not necessary that what suits other people will also suit you. So, if you are using a hair product that works on your friend, or someone else. Then you can try and test it on a small part of your hair and then go on.
Does 4C hair stop growing?
What grows 4C fast?
How do you grow and thicken 4C hair?
- Castor Oil Massages. Prior to this week I was certain every natural on earth had heard of JBCO but after a conversation I had at work with a straight natural, I found out some have never heard of the stuff.
- Do NOT Over Cleanse.
- Maintain Moisture.
- Fake It!
- Cut it.
How can I thicken my hair naturally?
- Eggs. Share on Pinterest An egg treatment may help to make hair look thicker.
- Olive oil. Olive oil is rich in omega3 acids and other nutrients that are essential for overall health, including hair health.
- Proper nutrition.
- Orange puree.
- Aloe gel.
- Castor Oil.
How can I grow my coarse hair faster?
- Use conditioning creams.
- Avoid alcohol-based hair products.
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase.
- Limit heat styling.
- Try deep conditioning masks.
- Take your vitamins.
- Get regular trims.
- Choose the right brush.
Does rice water grow hair?
How do you soften coarse hair?
- Drink copious amounts of water. Water molecules hydrate your hair from inside and out, to make it soft and elastic.
- Spray your hair daily with water or a water-based spritz. Seal it with oil.
- Also, wash and deep condition your hair at least weekly.
Does coconut oil thicken hair?
How long does it take to grow hair 12 inches?
What pills will make my hair grow faster?
Is there a pill to grow hair?
Which vitamin is best for hair?
- Biotin. Biotin (vitamin B7) is important for cells inside your body.
- Iron. Red blood cells need iron to carry oxygen.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for your gut to absorb iron.
- Vitamin D. You might already know that vitamin D is important for bones.