How to in text cite two authors mla
How do you cite two authors in MLA?
How do you in-text cite multiple authors in MLA?
When mentioning the authors in the text, give all of the authors’ names or list the first author and write “and others”. For the parenthetical citation and Works Cited citation, give the first author’s name followed by et al.
How do you in-text cite two authors examples?
- 2 Authors: Always cite both authors’ names in-text everytime you reference them. Example: Johnson and Smith (2009) found…
- 6 or More Authors: If a document has six or more authors, simply provide the last name of the first author with “et al.” from the first citation to the last. Example: Thomas et al.
How do you cite co authors in MLA?
- List first author with the last name first. Examples: Smith, John D. …
- Two authors are separated by a comma after the first author and the word and. …
- Only the first author’s name is inverted. …
- List up to two (2) authors; above that number, use the first and et al.
How do you cite multiple authors from a website?
What does et al mean in MLA?
How do you cite a book with multiple authors?
How do you cite 3 authors in MLA?
Can you cite multiple sources in one sentence MLA?
If you directly cite two sources that make the same point, you must make clear to your reader the source of each quotation. Johnson argues that “mint chip ice cream is better than chocolate ice cream” (10). Smith agrees: “Chocolate ice cream is not as good as mint chip ice cream” (30).
How do you Harvard reference multiple authors?
Format your reference as: Family name, INITIAL(S)., Family name, INITIAL(S). and Family name, INITIAL(S). Year.
How do you in-text cite 3 authors?
How do you in-text cite three authors?
List only the first author’s name followed by “et al.” in every citation, even the first, unless doing so would create ambiguity between different sources. In et al., et should not be followed by a period. Only “al” should be followed by a period.