Driving cars without a license plate is illegal throughout the world. Most of us like to take the delivery of our cars with the license plate from the showroom itself. But if the option is unavailable, then we need to fix it ourselves. Here are the ways to do so.
How to Drill Holes for a Front License Plate?
In most of the cases, we depend on the RTO employees to put the number plates on the front bumper of the car. Some of us leave the car in the showroom and let them do the task. But if you can do it yourself then your expenses come down and you get your car standing at your door very soon. This is why most of the people find ways to put the license plate on their car themselves. If you want to put the license plate on your car front bumper yourself then the easiest way to do it by making holes on the bumper. Now you can follow the steps here to execute the task.
- Check your car’s front bumper whether it is made of metal or fiber material. Drilling into different materials needs different types of tools so that the drill becomes the perfect one.
- Place the license plate on the front bumper and measure the distance between the two screws to mark them on the bumper.
- If you want to place a bracket to hold the license plate then you need to take the measurement of the bracket first and then place it on the bumper.
- If you are using a bracket then you have to be careful as the mounting holes of it and the corner holes are different. The corner holes are for the license plate to mount them on the mounting bucket.
- Now take a drill machine and put the proper drilling nail on it. You need to drill up to 1/8th inch deep on the front bumper to mount the plate.
- Now take a screwdriver and need screws to mount your bracket on the bumper. If you want to put the license plate directly then you can mount it with the screws directly on the bumper.
Drill Bit Size for License Place
While you are going to drill your car’s front bumper to mount the license plate on it, then you need to know about the perfect measurement of the drill bit. To mount your license plate properly you should drill up to 1/8th inches so that you can make the pilot holes to put the screws on the license plate into the bumper.
Adhesive Front License Plate Holder
Many of us don’t want to make a drill on the car, especially those for whom the car is a dream. But it is mandatory to put the license plate on the front bumper of the car. This is why there is an adhesive mounted bracket for the cars which don’t need holes to set on the front bumper. There is a special type of adhesive that can hold the bracket on the front bumper.
- Take a measurement of the license plate of your car and buy an adhesive mounted bracket for your purpose.
- Clean the front bumper properly with car washing shampoo so that you leave no dust or oil on the bumper.
- Some of the brackets can easily fit on the bumper of a car while there are some brackets that only fit at the curves or gaps that some specific car models contain.
- Locate the center of your car bumper and stick the bracket on it properly. Leave it for some time to get dry.
- Now before you mount the bracket finally on the bumper you need to check the fitting of the material. Then take out the protective films from the adhesive strips and mount it on the frontal bumper.
How to Install License Plate Frame?
If you want to install a license plate frame then you need to find out the proper place for it. In most of the cars, there are holes to mount a license plate frame. You can take some screws and a screwdriver to put it properly on the frontal face of the bumper. But be careful about the specific product if there is any particular instruction to fix it on the car bumper. Put the license plate frame firmly on the bumper and make the screws as tight as you can.
Universal No-Drill License Plate Bracket
There are some brackets available which you can fix on any car at any point in the world. The universal no drill license plate brackets come in such a size and shape that you can easily alter them as per your need. You need not change the place of the holes in your car and can easily fit these universal no drill license plate brackets on your car’s bumper.
How do I Attach License Plate to the Front of My Car?
You need to make a drill on the frontal bumper of your car and place the license plate on it. Now mount it with the screws properly to get a good hold on it.
How do You Put a License Plate on the Front without Holes?
There are special adhesive mounted brackets to hold the license plates on the front bumper. The people can use those who want to fix the plates without making holes.
Can I Display My Front License Plate on My Dashboard?
Though you can put the front license plate on your dashboard it is not accepted universally. You should mount it on the front bumper. There are different types of checking tools in different parts of the world. You need to place license plates on the bumper as there are different types of pros and cons. A car running in front of yours can easily locate the number at the looking glass situated inside the car. But if you place it on the dashboard there may be problems to see it due to the reflecting lights.
- Get the proper measurement and make drills on the bumper to fix the license plate.
- Use adhesive mounted brackets if you don’t want to make holes in your car.
- Never put the license plate on the dashboard of your car.
How do I attach a license plate to the front of my car?
How do you put a license plate on the front without holes?
Can I display my front license plate on my dashboard?
Can I put my front plate in the window?
How do you put a license plate on a windshield?
Can I put my front license plate on my dash California?
Can you get pulled over for no front license plate in California?
How much is a ticket for no front license plate in California?
What is the fine for no front license plate in California?
A License Plate Display Failure ticket will cost you $196 and Up in fines plus $1,000+ in insurance hikes and penalties. Although the state of California issues two license plates for most vehicles, many vehicle owners choose not to install one of them on their front bumper.