Dark skin around your groin, pubic area, and bikini is a common problem experienced by men and women regardless of skin tone. To some, it can be the least of their concern, but for most women, it is a must to have a lighter and smoother bikini area.
The bikini area may not be as exposed as the rest of the body parts, but it deserves the care and attention it can get. And when summer months are fast approaching, women are scrambling to look for solutions for a whiter and smoother pubic region.
So, here are useful tips to help lighten your inner thighs and bikini area.
Aloe vera, honey, and milk
Combine these equal parts of these components for a fairer bikini area. Aloe vera has soothing and mild bleaching properties to lighten your skin while honey and milk are great moisturizers. Apply the solution to your darkened areas and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it off with cool water afterward. You can use this mix daily or every other day.
Oatmeal and yogurt
Oatmeal is a great exfoliant while yogurt contains lactic acid known to light dark areas. Combine equal parts of these two and gently rub on areas you want to lighten. Do this once or twice a week to see great results.
Or you can replace oatmeal with turmeric. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties; heals and whitens the skin. Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder to a teaspoon of plain yogurt, and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Mix well and apply the paste to your bikini line. Leave it for at least 20 minutes and rinse with cool water. Do this as often as you like to see the results as soon as possible.
Coconut oil and lemon juice
Lemon is an abundant source of vitamin C which is also a lightening ingredient. Mix a few 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and lemon juice, then, apply gently massage on your inner thighs. Let the mixture sit for at least 10 minutes, then, rinse off with cool water.
Another easy and cheap remedy is tomato. Get a tomato and cut into half; squeeze gently to release juice. Rub tomato into your dark spots and let the tomato juice do its work for about 30 minutes. Rinse off with clean water.
Baking soda and water
Baking soda is an exfoliating agent and can lighten the skin also. However you have to use this with caution as this can irritate the skin. Mix water and baking soda in a bowl until a paste consistency is achieved. Rub gently on your inner thighs and leave it for 15 minutes. Then, rinse with cool clean water.
The enzyme found in potato called catecholase is believed to lighten skin. Try this at home once or twice a week by cutting a potato into slices; rub a slice over dark areas. Gently wash after 15 minutes.
How to lighten bikini area through proper hygiene
Hygiene and personal regimen also play an essential role in keeping your private parts moisturized and fair. Consider changing your skin routine and follow these tips below:
- Make it a habit to exfoliate your crotch area weekly to clear out deceased skin build up. You can mix your scrub using common kitchen items like honey and brown sugar, coconut oil and baking soda, olive oil and brown sugar, lemon and baking soda, apple cider vinegar and baking soda, or over-the-counter scrubs.
Exfoliating your skin also helps minimize chicken skin or skin bumps due to hair ingrown. Regular exfoliation also makes sure there won’t be anything that clogs your pores when hair grows back. Now, if you do not have the time to make your own scrub variant, you have the option to use a micro peeling toner.
- Lighten your pubic area by regularly moisturizing it. Keeping the area well hydrated reduces the friction between the skin and your jeans. Constant friction can cause hyperpigmentation. Use alcohol free moisturizer or products that contain aloe vera, sunflower oil, jojoba oil, or vitamin E to regenerate skin.
- Refrain from shaving your pubic region as it can cause discoloration. Get rid of your pubic hair done by a professional instead.
How to lighten bikini area using whitening products
The market is flooded with lightening and whitening products of your intimate area. You do not have to go as far as getting expensive treatments. It is just a matter of choosing a product with the right ingredients.
- Lightening soaps. These products are said to whiten dark areas including the inner thighs. Look for a soap that contains Vitamin E, tea tree oil, papaya extract, or glutathione.
- Bikini line whitening cream. Find skin-friendly and professional approved whitening creams with proven effective components like Vitamin E, Vitamin C, glutathione, sunflower extract, and daisy extract.
- It is today’s one of the most popular means to lighten, brighten, or whiten the skin, available in capsule or drip. However, you need to consult with your doctor first before taking glutathione capsule or administering a gluta drip especially if you are on medication. Your doctor can check possible side effects or interactions with your medication. Also, this is not recommended for lactating mothers or during pregnancy. Above all, look for brands regulated and approved by the FDA to ensure these are effective and safe.
Now, if you do not have the extra money to purchase these skin lightening and whitening products, you can still improve your overall skin tone by eating rich in vitamin C fruits. Eating oranges or drinking lemon juice or oranges can get rid of deceased skin cells.
Also, your choice of underwear can play a big role in maintaining a fair bikini line. Invest in seamless undies for less friction. Or opt for undies that do not have a tight garter on the crotch area.
Lastly, remember that consistency is the key. You do not have to do this only when summer is approaching or days before your swimming adventure. Make it a part of your skincare routine, 356 days a year.
How can I whiten my bikini area?
- Active White Exact Bikini Line Whitening Liquid Cream.
- Gluta C Intense Underarm & Bikini Skin Whitening Gel.
- Etude House Oh My God!
- Mosbeau Thigh Cream.
- Marie-France Professional Whitening Kit.
- Bonus: Citrus Fruits.
How can I lighten my inner thighs and private?
Why is my pubic area so dark?
How can we remove blackness of private parts?
In some cases, home remedies may help lighten dark skin on your thighs.
- Coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Sugar scrub.
- Oatmeal yogurt scrub.
- Baking soda and water paste.
- Aloe vera.
- Potato rub.