Many people especially ladies are very conscious about their hands.
Mostly, they want to have long slender fingers for a sexier and more feminine lookRings even look beautiful on them.
Unfortunately, not all are gifted with slender fingers; there are some with chubby fingers due to genetics or lifestyle.
There are ways to reduce the size of your fingers or ways to get rid of your finger fats.
Follow these steps to achieve functional and good looking fingers
- Finger stretch. Do finger stretch anytime by placing your hand on a palm down position on the table. Lay flat your fingers as you can for 30 to 60 seconds. Repeat steps for 4 times each hand.
- Hand exercise. Do simple grip exercises to improve the strength of your fingers. You can use spring grips, stress balls, spring gloves, stretchy bands, or a tennis ball. You can do at least 30 grips each hand using the ball of your choice. Doing this not only alters the look of your fingers but also reduces stress.
- Claw exercise. Stretch out the fingers and then touch the base of the fingers with the tips. Do this exercise for about 40 seconds then release. Claw exercise will make your fingers more flexible, strong, and sexy.
- Finger lifting. Lay your hands palm down on a table, then, put your hands as flat as you can. Then, lift one finger at a time, hold for 3 seconds, and put it down. Do the same for the rest of the fingers. Repeat for at least 12 times in each hand.
- Thumb flexing. Stretch your thumb away from your fingers as far as possible. Now, touch your pinky finger using the tip of y our thumb for 30 to 60 seconds. Repeat the process for at least 5 times on each thumb. This exercise does not only make your thumb flexible but makes it slimmer and longer.
- Use clay. Do the fun activity of molding clay into different shapes to help your fingers burn some calories and lose excess finger fat.
- Use your fingers to do quick tasks like typing, playing the piano, or playing the guitar. This finger exercise lessens the risk of fat deposition. Busy fingers mean leaner, slimmer fingers.
- Trim your nails to a shape that will complement your fingers. Also, long nails give the illusion of thinner and longer fingers.
Apart from these finger and hand exercises, you can lose the finger fat through diet and lifestyle change. Losing weight means reducing the size of your fingers along with the other parts of your body.
You can combine the above-mentioned hand exercises with the other tips below
- It is always a good idea to be mindful of what you eat. Cut calories from your diet and minimize eating processed food, eat whole food, fresh vegetables, and fruits. Replace white rice with brown rice, cut back on your bread or cereal, and red meat intake.
Enjoy protein-rich food like chicken, fish, and low-fat dairy. But do not forget that your calorie intake per day should not go below the recommended 1,200 calories per day to avoid calorie deficiency.
- Cut down on your salt intake. In some cases, finger swelling can be due to retention caused by consuming too much salty food. Excess fluid can get in your arms, hands, fingers, feet, and ankles, making them swollen. So, if you think your fat fingers are caused by retention, do some exercise and refrain from eating salty food.
Your salt intake should not be more than 2,300 milligrams per day. Avoid eating chips, processed food, canned soup, condiments, and cold cuts. Opt for a low sodium diet instead. Massage your hands and fingers to aid in the movement of fluid out of the area.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Staying hydrated will help get rid of the excess salt from your body. Drinking the recommended 8 glasses a day is vital in keeping your health and body in top shape; also essential in waste management. Above all, drinking 8 glasses of water per day suppresses your appetite which means less food consumption.
- If possible, replace your meat with mushrooms for less fat and calories. According to a study, people eating mushrooms experience the same fullness and satisfaction when eating beef.
- Complex carbohydrates. Choose to slow digesting carbohydrates to supply your body with nutrients and energy. Eat green leafy vegetables, oatmeal, whole grains, sweet potato, and beans.
- Healthier snacks. Skip the sweets and salt; replace cakes, ice cream, and chips with healthier snacks like apple, banana, carrots, and yogurt. And for chocolate cravings, opt for dark chocolates.
- Chew properly. Eating slowly and chewing food properly curbs your hunger. Slow down, enjoy your food, and eat more slowly. Drink a glass of water before meal or start your meal with a cup of broth-based soup. This trick is shown to reduce your cravings and can reduce your food intake.
- Do not skip meals. It is said that skipping meals especially breakfast makes you gain more weight. Some studies suggest that skipping breakfast forces your body to store the calories you will consume later in the day.
- Brisk walk. This is the easiest and cheapest form of exercise to help you lose excess body fats. You can do this in your neighborhood for at least 20 minutes, twice a day.
- Light cardio. Start doing light cardio workouts at home like pilates, yoga, or aerobics. You can watch instructional videos online to start your routine.
- De-stress. High levels of stress can lead to weight gain as it becomes difficult for your body to shed off extra pounds. Take care of your mental health; relax, listen to good music, read books, take hot baths, and chill.
Your fingers may seem unimportant in your overall looks, but chubby fingers can cause a lot of insecurities. Like most girls, we all dream to have longer, leaner, and sexier fingers.
Change your diet, exercise, and burn unnecessary calories to lose the unwanted fats around your fingers.