Dog diapers act as a helping hand when it comes to cleaning. We have seen that we have to use diapers for our babies to prevent them from creating a mess, similarly, we can call them our fur babies and they do need a diaper too.
How to Make a DIY Dog Diaper?
Using a diaper for dogs can be effective for several reasons and hence, we must need to have dog diapers.
Let’s discuss how we can make DIY diapers for dogs.
We can make dog diapers in the following ways.
1. No-Sew Dog Diaper
This is easy to make a diaper. You don’t have to bother about the stuff that is required to make this diaper. You can easily get the things that are already lying in your wardrobe.
- This easy to make diaper does not require any severe sew or stitches. We require a baby’s underwear that fits our pup or a grown-up dog. Make sure it is not loose.
- Now, make a hole for the tail and place a sanitary pad in place. And we are done. You can also use two sanitary pads if required but usually, it takes only one for this type of diaper. This diaper is used for female dogs in heat.
- If you want to use it for urinating purposes then obviously a sanitary pad can’t hold that much. And hence, you will require another type of diaper.
2. A Simple Baby Diaper
Well, you can also use a baby diaper. Just go to any drugstore and ask for baby diapers. Make sure that it fits your pup. And pull up the diaper and your dog is ready with the fitting baby diaper. This DIY dog diaper is also for easy usage.
- You can make this baby diaper comfy for your pup by widening the leg holes using a scissor and making a hole for the tail. Make sure you seal the sides of the diaper where you have cut it out to make a tail hole using fabric tape. This will fit accurately to your dog without any discomfort.
- Also, the baby diapers are known for quick absorption making the skin dry. This prevents the dog from rashes or any other type of skin irritation.
So, these were the DIY hacks for a dog diaper, for more details see here.
How to Make a Dog Diaper from a Sock?
As we have discussed some of the ways in which we can make a dog diaper. We can also make a dog diaper with a sock. So, let’s have a glance by which we can make a dog diaper out of a sock.
This hack is suitable for small breed dogs or small pups. This is washable or you can also say a reusable diaper. You just have to find some old sock. So, here we go with the process.
- Place the sock on a table.
- Cut the sock from the toe to make a hole (one inch would be enough). This hole will help your pup to wag his tail with comfort without any irritation.
- Cut the heel portion and loop the hole over the dog’s tail. Now, pull each end of the ankle portion around hind legs.
- Adjust it in a comfortable position. Make sure your dog must feel comfy; this should not irritate the dog.
- Now, tie each side carefully such that a little space is left. So, the outer portion of the diaper is ready.
- Now, you can place a sanitary napkin or a diaper accordingly.
So, this was an easy trick for a cool and comfy reusable diaper for small pups. After wearing this diaper, if your dog plays around then you don’t have to worry about anything. Just play with your dog and enjoy it.
How to Make a Dog Diaper from a T-shirt?
DIY diapers are great because the drug store diapers for dogs seem to be quite expensive. But anyhow we can use our old stuff to prepare a comfy diaper for our dog, so why to spend our hard-earned money on the drugstore dog diapers.
- This is another method with easy steps. No sewing is included but some of you might be curious about how a T-shirt can fit a dog as a diaper without any sewing.
- Well, as there is no sewing or stitching but this doesn’t mean that we don’t have to do anything, we only have to practice rolling up a T-shirt.
- We can consist of a cotton T-shirt for this DIY dog diaper. Cotton is great as it stays in one place.
So, Follow the Steps for Making this Diaper
- Place the T-shirt on a flat surface or a table.
- Now, fold one side of the shirt and also, fold around 1/3 inches of the shirt from the bottom.
- The seam at the shoulder should align below the neckline of the T-shirt. Fold the other side as you folded the first side.
- Fold the T-shirt from the top making a ‘T’ shape.
- Now, fold the T-shirt from the bottom in half. This will lead to the shortening of the T-shirt.
- Wrap the diaper around your dog and tie up the sleeves way back from the front as well as from the back. You can do it according to the length of the sleeves.
- Cut from the back to make a hole. And let the tail of your dog wag comfortably through this hole.
And the DIY comfy dog diaper is ready to use. But don’t forget to place a sanitary pad inside the T-shirt diaper otherwise it won’t be of any use.
- The sanitary pads are safe for your dog. And make sure you need to change them when you feel that your dog has peed or something like that because sanitary pads cannot take the heavy load like pee.
- Instead of sanitary pads, you can also use baby diapers that are easily available and can hold more than a sanitary pad.
Can We Use Human Diapers on Dogs?
Yes, it is completely safe for our dogs to wear human diapers. Human diapers or baby diapers are made for baby’s sensitive skin. It will not harm the dog’s skin. However, these diapers will soak up all the liquid and keep your dog dry.
- Well, baby diapers come in different sizes so make sure you are opting the correct size. If the size is too small then it could irritate the dog’s skin and will lead to rashes.
- However, if the diaper is too large, then it would not be of any use, all the mess will come out and the diaper will not be in place.
- So, always look for the diaper with the perfect size of the dog. If you are not sure about the diaper size, then you can take the dog along to the drug store and ask for the right fit.
- There is no need to feel embarrassed; you are doing this for your lovable dog. So, carry on.
- Your dog will feel playful with these comfy diapers and make sure to change them on time.
- For DIY dog diapers that we have made, it is very important to tie a belly band around with these diapers. The belly band will help the diaper to be in place and will prevent leaks.
- Make sure that you change the diaper on time otherwise this can lead to skin infections. And if the diapers or sanitary pads are not changed within the time they can even cause some serious illness like cancer. So, do take care of your dog. And set an alarm for every 6 hours to change the diaper if it is used.
- Dogs are like fur babies to us and we need to take care of them. They want us to pamper them and play with them on the same side. We must make them feel comfortable without hurting them physically as well as mentally.
What can I use instead of dog diapers?
Can I use human diapers on my dog?
How do you make a diaper out of a shirt for a dog?
How do you keep a diaper on a dog?
- Use a Belly Band Instead. If you have a male dog who is urine incontinent and not fecal incontinent, good news!
- Fit Your Dog with a Onesie.
- Use Canine Suspenders.
- Modify Boy Underwear.
- Ensure the Proper Fit.
- Use Positive Reinforcement.