Notice: Undefined variable: new_content in /home/howto/public_html/wp-content/themes/puma_theme/content-single.php on line 14
Who doesn’t love a golden and crispy bread with oozing melted cheese as a quick and easy lunch or late-night snack, right? Well, let’s ditch the old stovetop method and learn how to make a perfect, brown, and crispy grilled cheese sandwich in a toaster oven. Also, the toaster oven method would be easier, tidier, and of course, more scrumptious.
What is the perfect cheese for a grilled cheese sandwich?
In order to achieve a “perfect melty cheese”, you can’t just use any cheese in your cheese sandwich, you’ll have to be a little more specific. Here are our top picks!
- Havarti Cheese: It will provide you with perfect melted and gooey textured cheese.
- Muenster Cheese: It will melt exquisitely and will provide you with the perfect elasticity.
- Smoked Gouda Cheese: This cheese will feel like a warm hug to your taste buds.
What Ingredients you will need?
For a standard and basic grilled cheese sandwich you will need:
- 2 slices of multi-grain bread, or any of your choice.
- 2 slices of cheese of your own choice.
- 2 teaspoons of softened butter or low calories mayo
However, if you want a fancy and creative sandwich you can add some extras like fruits preserves, spinach, or some pepper jack cheese to spice things up. Let’s dive into the recipe.
Step by Step Instructions:
Preheating the oven with the baking sheet
To get on with the process, you need to switch your oven on and put it on preheat. Set the temperature around 450 Fahrenheit. incorporate the cooking rack to the lowest possible position because we don’t want extreme heat falling over the sandwich. We do need the heat but preferably from the lower angle. Grab a tray and put a baking sheet on it. Keep the baking sheet on while the oven preheats.
- The baking sheet will provide aid in making the bread crispy once it is properly heated.
- All ovens vary in sizes and temperatures, so manage accordingly.
Buttering the slices from either side
Butter acts as a greasing agent in the sandwich and helps make it crispy and binds the ingredients together as well. Moreover, butter gives a very delightful taste and adds value to the sandwich. Grab two slices of bread and put them on a shelve, cutting board, tray or a plate. Grab a knife and swiftly move it in the softened butter and start applying it on the upper sides of the bread slices. Try to use minimum quantity and spread it over simultaneously.
- Try to use multigrain bread instead of white bread because it white bread has more carbohydrates and it also is very soft and gooey. Multigrain bread gives a good taste and texture altogether. Other bread like Italian and Sesame can be used as well.
Adding Cheese Slices to Bread
Here comes the good part. The cheese is incorporated with butter on opposite sides. Firstly, you select the desired cheese. It can either be mozzarella, cheddar or mixed cheese. Swiss and parmesan also work great for grilled cheese sandwiches. Preferably, hard cheese makes it to most charts. Secondly, the slices should be thick and firm instead of shredded. Shredded cheese melts easily and makes it way out of the sandwich and it looks messy.
- Take one slice and put cheese on the opposite side of butter.
- Cover the cheese with the other bread slice and make sure the butter side stays on the upper side
Sandwich Goes in the Oven
Put your oven mitts on before you touch the tray. Put the bread slices on the pan. Pull the hot baking sheet out and place the sandwich on it, then put the tray back in and place it to the lowest position. Close the oven and sit back.
Side by Side grilling
Wait for around 4-5 minutes. Move towards the oven, look for the crispy brown colour if the oven has a transparent glass. If the bread has gained a desirable colour, open the oven and twist the sandwich on the other side. Basically, move the grilled side downwards and put the other side up. Close the oven and sit back for another 4-5 minutes.
Total Crisp and Bind
Keep your oven mitts on and open the oven. Check if the cheese and butter are binding the sandwich completely. Check if both the sides are crispy and brown perfectly. Moreover, look over the edges of the sandwich and see if they look crispy and grilled as well. If everything checks up on the above regards, put the tray out and grab your sandwich with a spatula and place it on a plate.
Cut and Serve
Cut the sandwich in halves with a sharp knife and serve it hot along with your favourite beverages.
Try and leave us feedback!
Can you grill in a toaster oven?
An OTG oven is an electric oven and comes in conventional mode or convection mode (fan assisted) with conventional functions. An OTG can reheat, keep warm, grill/broil, and bake food items.
What is the difference between toasted cheese and grilled cheese?
How do you use a grilled cheese toaster?
What can you not put in a toaster oven?
Can you use aluminum foil in a toaster oven?
What is good to make in a toaster oven?
- Glass Bakeware. While there may be companies that say their glass dishes are safe for a toaster oven, the majority do not.
- Mason Jars.
- Parchment Paper.
- Coffee Mugs or Coffee Cups.
Can you cook a pizza in a toaster oven?
Can you cook chicken nuggets in a toaster oven?
Can you cook bacon in a toaster oven?
Filling will be very hot. Be cautious on first bite.
|40 rolls||13 to 15 minutes||Not recommended|