Lavender oil has a divine smell, together with the most defining characteristic. Apart from its romantic purple color, lavender oil is proved to have numerous healing properties. Furthermore, the oil helps in pain relief more so headaches and migraines.
You can also use the oil to grow your hair and enjoy the results as it stimulates hair growth, soothes a painful scalp and its antibacterial features make it an excellent remedy for acne.
Here is the step by step guide:
- Start by filling a container ¾ full of dried lavender buds or flowers. The amount of lavender oil and container you use depends on you. But you can also use a ½ pint jar if you only need a small amount of lavender oil.
- If you want to make other homemade body products, you can use a pint jar or more. Remember you’ll require an equal volume of oil as container size you choose
- Secondly, pour your preferred carrier oil on the dry lavender. Make sure you fill the container enough to submerge the flowers fully, making them move freely inside the oil. Then use a tight-fitting lid. Here, use either olive oil or almond oil.
- After that, place the container outside in a sunny warm place and allow it infuse for almost one week. You can also infuse it for three weeks for good results. Ensure you locate it in an area that you’ll frequently stop by and shake it occasionally.
- Lavender floats in oil; therefore, keep turning and shaking the jar to mix things up, especially during the first days.
- A sunny windowsill is a good place for this solar infusion method of preparing lavender oil. Furthermore, you can place the jar containing the mixture in a warm room with bright ambient light. Don’t heat the oil excessively.
- Finally, when the project is ready, strain all the lavender flowers, then reserve the lavender oil on a clean bottle. Strain the oil by placing a fine-mesh strainer on a bowl, then pour it all. If you want a ‘cleaner’ oil, you can use a reusable milk bag or a cheesecloth. With that, you can wring out the bag or cloth of lavender to squeeze all the oil.
Perfect! You’ve finally made lavender oil. Lavender oil has a noticeable and wonderful mild aroma. Even though it may not be as strong as essential oils you are used to, give your oil some oomph. But this is optional.
How to Make Lavender Oil with Coconut Oil
Lavender coconut oil delivers a soothing aroma. You can add the oil to an easy DIY cleaner to make stainless steel and other countertop surfaces sparkle.
Supplies and Ingredients
- 10 oz. coconut oil
- 1 oz. dried lavender
- Cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer
- Glass jar
- Start by harvesting lavender. Cut then dry the lavender to produce about 1 oz. of the dried lavender. If you want to dry the lavender properly, cut the flowers in an upside-down manner in a dark and dry place for about four weeks. After that, add the dried lavender to a clean glass jar.
- Next, infuse. Add the coconut oil on the lavender inside the glass until you properly cover the lavender. Cover the mixture tightly using a lid, then shake well. after that, place the jar close to a window but don’t expose it to direct sunlight. After that, allow it infuse for ten days as you shake.
- Lastly, strain the mixture using a cheesecloth or a strainer. Pour the mixture on a clean glass container through a funnel. After that, please keep it in a cool and dark location. The lavender oil can stay up to 1 year.
How to Make Lavender Oil Spray
What you’ll need
- Ten drops of lavender oil
- 1-ounce vodka or witch hazel
- Small jar and a tight-fitting lid
- 3 ounces of water
- Spray bottle
- Small funnel
- Printer, scissors, and label sheet
- In a container, mix the vodka or witch hazel with the lavender essential. Put the lid on properly, then shake properly for about 15 seconds to combine the two. The reason for doing this is necessary oil can’t mix on water properly on its own. But if you dilute it on vodka or witch hazel, it will properly mix in water.
- Next, open the lid closing the jar then add some water. After that, replace the cap and shake properly for 20 seconds to combine the two.
- With that done, put the funnel on the spray bottle. Now pour the mixture inside the spray bottle. Then replace the spray bottle lid. If you have small two ounces’ bottles, you can split the mixture. Carry one and leave the other one at home.
- Print and label the lavender spray ow you want. When using smaller bottles, you can print the labels at 65%. When using larger bottles, make sure you print them at 100%. If you lack label sheets, you can also place the label on a regular paper then use a clean packing tape to stick the label on the bottle.
How do you extract oil from lavender?
What kind of oil should I use for lavender oil?
How much lavender does it take to make oil?
Can I put lavender oil in my diffuser?
Can I apply lavender oil directly to skin?
Where do you put lavender oil for anxiety?
Why is lavender oil bad for skin?
How do I apply lavender oil to my hair?
You can dilute lavender essential oil with a carrier oil, such as jojoba or coconut oil. You should mix the essential oil and carrier oil in equal parts. This is best to do following a bath or shower. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse out afterward (if desired).
What oil is best for hair?
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil works wonders on curly hair, providing much-needed moisture and sealing the hair cuticle to prevent frizz and split ends–but the benefits don’t stop there.
- Olive Oil.
- Argan Oil.
- Almond Oil.
- Rosemary Oil.
- Tea Tree Oil.
- Castor Oil.
What does lavender essential oil do to your hair?
Does lavender oil help you sleep?
Is sniffing lavender oil bad?
Why does Lavender make you sleepy?
What are the side effects of lavender?
Is lavender good for anxiety?
Can Lavender make you sleepy?
Is Lavender toxic to humans?
Ads by Google