The matte lipsticks have been trending for a while now. Whether it is in bullet or liquid form, people always end up buying matte lipsticks simply because they’re transfer-proof and don’t smudge easily while you eat your favorite meal. It is actually hard to find the perfect shade in matte, and we understand that. Sometimes the shade you want is only available in semi mattes or glossy lipsticks.
However, there are plenty of different methods to convert the semi mattes or glossy lipsticks you already own into matte. You can pick any lipstick you like and turn it into matte by following these simple methods.
First Method: The Translucent powder method
This method is quite easy and doesn’t take much time. It would give you the best result if semi mattes or normal bullet lipsticks are used. here are the products you’ll need; follow the steps given and you’re good to go.
Things you’ll need:
- Any lipstick of your choice
- Tissue paper
- Translucent powder
- A small brush
Steps to Follow:
- Apply the lipstick evenly all over your lips.
- Now take a tissue paper and use it as a blotting paper. Put it between your lips and press your lips. By doing so you’ll be able to remove the excess oil.
- Then, take a small brush and put some translucent powder on it.
- Now with the help of the brush apply translucent powder all over your lips.
- Do not add too much powder, once the third step is done start pressing your lips together. This will distribute the powder evenly on to your lips.
- Lastly, dab a tissue paper lightly on your lips to remove the powder if any left.
In case you don’t want to use a brush, you can use your finger as an alternative. Just take some translucent powder onto your finger and dab it onto your lips. This method is the most convenient one we’ve listed and gives the perfect results. You won’t see your lipstick shine throughout and it will stay on for the entire day. Also, you won’t have to worry about touching it up every now and then.
Second Method: Baby powder or cornstarch
This method is mainly for those who don’t have translucent powder in hand, or don’t like putting powder on their lips. You can turn not only semi mattes or bullets but also glossy lipsticks into matte by following the steps that come with this method. The things that you’ll need are listed below.
Note: You can use either baby powder or corn starch for this particular method.
Things you’ll need:
- Lipstick (bullet or semi matte)
- Lip liners (dark and light shade)
- Baby powder or cornstarch
- Tissue paper
- A medium sized brush
Steps to follow:
- Take the darker lip liner and start lining your lips. Make sure that you’ve contoured and defined your lips really well.
- Next, take the lighter shade lip liner and blend the inner corners of your lips. Do not leave any visible harsh lines.
- Once you’re done with lining your lips, start applying the lipstick. Apply more than one coat.
- Now take a tissue paper and place it over your lips.
- Take out some corn starch or baby powder in a lid.
- Swirl your brush around into the powder.
- Next, dab your brush onto the tissue paper that is placed over your lips.
- Put more powder on the brush if needed and dab again.
- Last of all, take a clean tissue paper and dab it on to your lips very lightly.
In order to follow this method, you must have different lip liners. Use a darker shade of lipstick to create an outline around your lips. The lighter shade will be used to blend the harsh lines and to fill the inner corners. This will give your lips a lot fuller and defined look.
Pick any one of the two methods listed above and follow the steps carefully to convert your lipsticks into matte. You can also use the exact same methods with glossy lipsticks. There is just one thing that you have to keep in mind while using a glossy lipstick, once you’re done applying the lipstick, just take a clean tissue paper and start dabbing it on to your lips. This will take the glossiness and shine away. Next, you can just follow the rest of the steps.
To conclude, these two methods will help you make any lipstick matte. You don’t have to worry anymore if you’re out of matte lipsticks. No need to run around for finding the perfect shade in matte, instead you can now create your own matte lipstick. Also you can pick any brand’s products that you like; we’re certain all products will give you the same results.
What ingredients make lipstick matte?
How do you make matte lipstick at home?
- 1 teaspoon Vaseline or Petroleum jelly or Beeswax.
- 1 teaspoon Oil (coconut oil, vegetable oil, olive oil or baby oil)
- 1 teaspoon Shea butter or Cocoa butter.
- ¼ teaspoon Bentonite Clay (for the matte texture)
- A small round container.
How do you make lipstick matte with flour?
Why is matte lipstick so dry?
How can I make my matte lipstick creamy?
How do you fix dry matte lipstick?
How do you make matte lipstick less matte?
How can I add shiny matte lipstick?
How do you wear matte lipstick?
How do you wear matte lipstick without breaks?
What is the best matte lipstick?
Should I wear matte or glossy lipstick?
Is matte lipstick still popular?
Which lipstick is better liquid or matte?
What is the best kiss proof lipstick?
Which lipstick is best for daily use?
Ads by Google