The market of electronic gadgets is among the most trending ones on our planet these days. Everyone wants to ensure that they are in possession of the latest gizmo on the block. Getting a sizable television screen is on many people’s lists these days. Here is how you can.
Measurement of TV Screens in Sizes
|TV Inches||Diagonal Dimension (cm)||Height (cm)||Width (cm)|
TV Screen Size Calculator
What many people want these days is to set up a television with a massive display in their living rooms. Not only is it a worthy investment, but it also adds immensely to the aesthetic appeal of the surroundings. Consequently, the sales of these products rarely witness a dip.
- A user can use the metrics of inches and centimeters to measure the dimensions of their television.
- Some people also correlate the area in square cms or inches of the television with the readings to figure out.
- You should measure the height, width, and area together to get a fair idea.
How Wide is a 42 Inch Flat-Screen TV?
The competition among the various TV manufacturers in the market is quite vicious. With the evolution of television from CRT models, the world of televisions has come a long way. As film making equipment continues to get better with time, so are the devices meant to stream or broadcast them.
- You can carry out the accurate measurement of a 42–inch flat-screen TV in three broad aspects mostly.
- Once you measure the height, the width, and the area in square inches or cms you can get a proper idea.
- An average of 42 inch TV measures around 271 square cm.
1. TV Measurements Chart
Measuring your flat-screen televisions is in practice quite easy. Once you get a grip on using the measurement equipment you can work your way around the dimensions. While it certainly requires no prior knowledge, it might take you a little time to carry out the measurement swiftly.
- Most television flat-screen measurement charts faze themselves around the parameters of height, width, and the area beside the standard inches.
- A concentric rectangular layout with a list of all available flat-screen sizes usually acts as the frame of reference.
- Additionally, users can also measure the minimum and maximum viewing distances easily.
2. TV Screen Sizes
Most television manufacturers now produce TVs in a wide range of sizes. Depending on cost, durability, and design the range of the parameters varies greatly. While there is no accurate or perfect television size up for grabs, your investment mostly depends on your pocket. Here is a brief guide for reference.
- Apart from budget and other logistical constraints, people also rely on one very important parameter to base their decision upon.
- This parameter is called the viewing distance parameter. It generally branches out as minimum and maximum viewing distances.
- The viewing distance should ideally be twice that of screen size.
How to Measure TV Size for the Room?
Before you go about getting the television of your dreams for your living room, you need to know one criterion. That is the logistics of your living room and especially the portion where the screen will be set up. Otherwise, you will run into problems that won’t have clarity.
- Prior to investing in your television, you need to be well aware of the dimensions of that particular portion.
- You can carry out this simple estimation with the help of a common measuring tape and a pencil or pen.
- Ideally, you should also take into account the TV viewing distance.
How to Measure a TV without a Tape Measure?
The only thing that precedes buying your television is the measurement that it entails in advance. This step is as important as getting the TV eventually and under no circumstances should you miss or skip it. Here’s how to measure the flat screen of a TV screen without a tape measure.
- While it is handy to carry out the measurement using a measuring tape, it is not as inconvenient without it.
- You can always take the help of a standard stationary ruler to meet your purposes. An average ruler measures around six and a half inches.
- Using a ruler entails minimal hassles.
How Wide is a 32-Inch TV?
Before you go about hunting for a television for your living room, you must know one thing. That is the fact that there is no perfect measure of TV out there. It is highly subjective and depends upon a number of factors. Here’s a measurement chart of a 32 inch TV.
- The measurement of a 32-inch flat-screen TV depends on the readings of its height, width, and area.
- A 32-inch flat-screen TV display on average measures around 71 centimeters in width.
- Additionally, the height is around 39.9 cm and it covers an area of 206.45 square cm.
What is the Best Height for a TV?
Most of the questions that associate themselves with TV screen measurements often warrant a subjective answer. This is because the merit of these answers mostly depends on the logistics of the area where the screen will be set up. Here is how you can determine the perfect height for your flat screen display.
- Apart from the logistical restrictions and the economical restrictions, there is one telling factor that buyers rely upon to decide.
- This factor is the television viewing distance factor in general. A rule of the thumb usually states that the viewing distance should be at least twice that of screen dimensions.
Which Wall is Best for TV?
Before you set up your television in the area that you want to, make sure that the conditions are conducive. Failing to do so can cause lasting damage to the display in particular and the television in general. Sometimes, knowing just about the measurement logistics is just not enough.
- In most Indian households, paramount importance is given to the placement of the objects within the room.
- Vastu Shastra dictates the positioning of every object in the vicinity.
- Keeping in mind the tenets of Vastu Shastra, users usually decide on the southwest and northeast walls. These are most apt.
How do You Decorate a Living Room with a TV?
Every other object that you place in your room is just another accessory using which you can enhance aesthetic appeal. Making sure that your room is visually appealing is what many people consider good practice. Here is how you can decorate a living room with a TV screen.
- Most people generally believe in placing their flat-screen TV displays straight across their couch sets. This makes viewing the screen an absolute convenience.
- People with fireplaces usually prefer having their construction adjacent to their television sets.
- This helps in rendering an air of sophistication to the ambiance of the room.
Does the Couch have to Face the TV?
The decoration of the living room assumes utmost importance whenever you have to introduce a new gadget in their midst. You have to keep in mind both the tenets of Vastu as well as the general visual appeal before deciding. Striking a fine balance helps preserve the ambiance of the room.
- Having the couch diametrically opposite to the television set is what many people prefer doing in their living rooms.
- This works as well because it makes sure that the viewing experience entails no hassles whatsoever.
- You need to keep in mind the TV viewing distance before setting up the couch.
What Color should Your Wall be Behind Your TV?
Generally, people do not give much attention to interior decoration while installing an electronic gadget in their rooms. Consequently, this results in ruining the overall visual and aesthetic appeal of the area in which the setup occurs. Here are a few tips you can refer to before deciding wall colors.
- Normally with a television screen, users decide to go with dark and bold hues with the wall behind it. This helps in accentuating the whole viewing experience.
- Additionally having a dark background makes for a natural contrast irrespective of the content and the setting that is playing. This enhances the experience.
Should I Put a Light behind My TV?
While setting up a flat-screen TV in your living room you should really pay attention to the ambient atmosphere. This includes taking care of the wall colors, deciding on the couch sets, and taking care of positioning as well. Additionally, some people prefer introducing lights into the setting too.
- Adding a normal LED light to the wall behind the TV screen really helps in improving the general visual appeal.
- From a viewing perspective, similar to the effects that wall colors have, a background light helps in introducing contrast too.
- For all reasons and purposes, light is a good investment.
- Before you set about purchasing a flat-screen TV display, it is imperative that you chart out your budget. This helps in curtailing unnecessary consequences.
- Before setting up the TV, make sure that area is one that remains moisture-free at all times. Even the most minor exposure to moisture can cause lasting damage to the set.