What to do when your stomach starts growling in the middle of the night, and you find pretty much nothing in the refrigerator?
No leftovers. Yikes, that is an absolute nightmare for your tummy, but then you heave a sigh of relief when you find a packet of ramen in the cabinet, and you jump for joy.
It’s the perfect go-to food that is not only affordable but fulfills your appetite.
Even if you don’t have access to ramen, what better way to cook it than by using a microwave oven to microwave ramen?
That’s right. You can use a microwave to make a variety of ready-to-cook meals. All you need to do is grab a packet of ramen noodles, a bowl, and water.
It would be hard to make traditional style ramen noodles from scratch using an oven since it requires boiling water. Therefore, you need instant ramen noodles that can cook in just three steps. So, let’s get started!
How to Microwave Ramen Noodles
- 1 Packet of instant Ramen Noodles
- 1 ½ cup of water (depending upon the quantity of noodles)
- A bowl
- 1 tbsp. Soya Sauce
- Sauces of your choice
- First thing’s first. Grab a packet of ramen noodles and gently break the noodles while the packaging is sealed. It will be much easier for you to ear. However, it’s up to you whether you want to break the noodles into half or just let it be. Slowly rip off the package and pour the noodles in a microwave-friendly bowl.
- Once the noodles are in the bowl, you can add 1-2 cups of water depending upon the quantity of noodles or how much broth you want. Make sure that the noodles are filled with water.
- Use the seasoning or flavoring sachet that comes with the package and add it to the noodles. Gently mix it.
- Add soya sauce and other sauces of your choice to the ramen. Mix it evenly.
- Now Cover the bowl of noodles with a lid and put it inside the microwave for about 2-5 minutes. Every oven works differently, so you need to check whether they have cooked or not and use a fork to mix it. Make sure you don’t overcook your noodles.
- And voila, your ramen noodles are cooked with perfection. Before taking the bowl out, perform the fork test to ensure that the noodles are fully cooked. If they aren’t, microwave it for another minute.
For a flavorful taste, you can add the flavor mix into the bowl and pour the broth in which you cooked the ramen followed by noodles into the bowl. Stir it evenly and enjoy the delicious ramen.
Things you can add to your ramen for a rich taste
Try out these tips to make your ramen a perfect blend of veggies and spices that will excite your taste buds and make you crave more.
If you don’t have access to a stove, you can quickly boil eggs using a microwave by placing a bowl of hot water into the microwave and add an egg.
Microwave for about 4 minutes. If you keep it in the oven more than the recommended time, the egg will break. For a runnier yolk, remove the egg and peel it off after boiling.
For those who aren’t fans of hard-boiled eggs, you can crack the egg, add it into the bowl of ramen noodles, and let it cook inside the microwave. This will add texture to the broth and keep your stomach full.
If you’re health-conscious and want to gain maximum nutritional benefits, you can’t go with vegetable ramen.
Add vegetables of your own choice such as spring onions, mushrooms, carrots, capsicum, celery, etc. for a healthier and enhanced taste.
Chop it into small pieces, add it to the water or broth, and a flavor mix into the microwavable bowl and microwave it for 5 minutes until you see the vegetables boiling. Add your favorite instant ramen pack of noodles!
For a creamy and cheesiest texture, add cheddar cheese slices to the ramen. Microwave to let the cheese melt into the ramen.
The taste would make your mouth water. For a creamy taste, you can add garlic mayo sauces and sprinkle some green onions on top.
The seasoning mix that comes with the pack may not be good for your health as it contains MSG.
You can eliminate the mixture and add home-made seasoning by adding onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and ginger into the broth.