There are times when you open your newly bought pack of cigarettes, it comes off as unorganized or it wasn’t just arranged according to your liking.
Sometimes you buy it from a store where these buyers check the cigarettes and poke on it, leaving an unorganized pack of cigarettes.
You won’t have a choice but to fix it and make it look nice and neat again. We can solve this concern and we’ll show you how it’s done the right way. Prepare your pack of cigarettes and let’s begin.
1. Observe your newly bought pack of cigarettes
- The most important rule is to handle the pack of cigarettes carefully. If you press or shake it too hard, most likely it will come out as undesirable. Hold it properly and gently so you won’t destroy the cigs inside.
- Buy a pack of cigarettes that has a cardboard package. If you got the non-cardboard one, then it might be hard for you to pack it.
- Do not remove the plastic that protects the cardboard package yet and wait for the next step.
2. Try flipping the pack of cigarettes upside down
- Don’t get confused with this part; you just need to quickly turn the pack of cigarettes upside down using your hand. Once you’ve turned it to that direction, the cigs will automatically pack downwards onto the filter.
- Upon turning the pack upside down, you need to find a nice surface where you can hit the bottom of the pack on it. This will help you direct the cigs to the filter. Just apply enough force when hitting the pack to the surface.
- Then, you’ll need to carry the pack the same way as how you carry any flat formed object. Make sure you have enough grip when carrying the pack. Do not squish it otherwise, you’ll ruin the cigs.
- Make sure that you’re holding it on the hand that you feel comfortable using the most.
3. Striking the pack of cigarettes multiple times
- Now the fun part begins, just stay put on any flat surface near you where you made the first hit earlier. Use that minimal force again and strike the pack towards the flat surface.
- If you’re doing this the first time, striking it for 5 times is a nice start. You’ll get the hang of it after a while of doing it. You’ll eventually figure out how many times you really need to strike the pack so the cigs will come out nicely.
- After continuously striking the pack to the flat surface, you’ll need to turn the pack in between strikes. Make a turn of 180 degrees to ensure that the cigs will hit the filters.
- Do this for several times until you feel that the cigs are positioned to the filters. You will feel it over time the more you do it. So be patient if you don’t feel it yet as a first timer.
4. The Final Moment: Open your pack of cigarettes
- This is the time where you finally reap what you sow from all that striking. First, take out the plastic covering at the top of the pack. Most cigarette packs have a guide which is a line. Find that line and rip that plastic package slowly.
- Then, open up the cardboard pack and try grabbing a cigarette. It should come off nice and smooth.
- You will need to observe the cig if it was tightly packed. Assess if you did it right. If yes, then congratulations! If not, you can gauge and learn from this experience to be better at packing on your next purchase.
- Once you have already opened your pack, you can no longer undo the mistake or repeat the process. So just move on, enjoy your cigs and do better next time.
Important Things to Note:
- Always keep in mind that smoking is for ADULTS only. Kids or underage individuals can not purchase any cigarettes at the store. Most stores know this rule, so if you’re still a minor and you’re trying to buy some cig, just don’t attempt.
- Every country has different laws and regulations with regards to smoking prohibitions. In America, you need to be 21 to smoke, while in most countries around Europe, 16-18 years old can already do the deed. It’s important to know this to avoid violating the law.
- Some countries are strict with smoking and they have an official designated smoking area. Take a look at Singapore for example, you are not allowed to smoke in the country anywhere. You can only smoke in designated smoking areas. If you failed to do so, a hefty fine of SG $200 – $1000. Consider this before you puff.
- Be a responsible smoker and throw your cigarette butts to the trash can. Some just throw it on the streets or just about anywhere. Know that technically it still has fire in it. You might be risking some serious problems when it spreads out unknowingly. Also, always use the ashtray to catch all the ashes and dispose of it properly afterwards. Your pets or worse your kids, might accidentally get curious and try to eat it. It might cause some serious health risks.
- As what most commercial reminders say, Smoke moderately. Anything you consume out of the “moderate zone” is not good.