Sunflowers are exquisite wonders of nature. There is a different sort of beauty that one can grasp from a sunflower. The bright yellow color helps is creating a spark of positivity and happiness. These flowers are also really long and tall. This helps them stand out even more. Fields of sunflowers are said to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.
How to Draw and Paint Sunflowers
As appealing these flowers can be in real, one can make them look beautiful on paper as well.
The question that most people come up with is how to paint a sunflower. Even though it may look intimidating, but it is not as tricky as it seems.
Keep reading to get a step by step guide for sunflowers.
There are certain things you would need before you start the artistic process.
Most of the time when people are looking to learn how to make or paint a sunflower, it is usually for drawings. This is a very easy process. All you need is your drawing and painting supplies on hand and you will be good to go.
- Firstly, to paint a sunflower, you should have a drawing of a sunflower with you. There are lots of ways to do that. You can find an empty, black, and white, uncolored clipart of a sunflower from the internet, print it out, and get to painting. You can also draw your sunflower which we would suggest.
- Drawing a sunflower is no big deal. First of all, make sure that you have all your art supplies near you.
- First and foremost, start by sharpening your pencil. Make sure that the lead doesn’t break in the middle of the drawing or it can get messy. Start by drawing a circle in the center of the page. Obviously, this circle will consist of the seeds of the sunflower.
- Secondly, the next step would be making several petals around the circle you just made.
- You can move down to the stem and leaves once you have the petals done. This is a pretty simple step. Make a thin stem under the circle and double it. Last but not least on the stem, draw a leaf near the middle too. Finally, here your sunflower is complete.
The next step of this process is to paint the sunflower. This is where we come in. Read the steps given below to get a detailed guide on how to paint a sunflower.
- Start with the center of the sunflower. This will be the part we allocated for the seeds. For this, you will need a darker pallet of colors. Get your dark brown and light brown shades in front of you. Start by shading the circle with light brown paint. Furthermore, make sure that the strokes of your brush are in one direction.
- You can incorporate some darker brown in it as well once the base of the circle is set with light brown. Start with the edges and shade it dark. Slowly integrate the color in the rest of the circle. Also, outline the edges of the sunflower with the dark brown paint.
- Next, come the petals. For this, you will need orange and yellow paints. Start by painting them with a yellow color. You can add some orange in it as well once you have all the petals carefully painted yellow. Make sure that the yellow paint doesn’t go out of the borders of the petal.
- Now that your petals are completely yellow, add some orange in them to give a slightly contrasting look. Do not paint the entire petal orange. Start from the bottom of the petal near the circle and draw light orange strokes near the edge of the circle.
- Repeat the above step for all the petals. Finally, once you are done your sunflower will be yellow with some orange hues in it.
Stem and Leaf
- The second last step is painting the stem and the leaf. This will be a pretty simple step. Get your dark and light green paints out for this step.
- Lastly, outline the stem and leaves with the dark green paint. Now start painting the insides with the light green paint color. Obviously, the stem will be painted completely green.
- The leaf will be a little different. Once you paint the inside of it light green, take some yellow paint, mix it with white and add light strokes near the edges. This will make your leaf look realistic. Additionally, draw a line in the middle of the leaf when the paint has dried down. Moreover, draw small horizontal lines on both sides of the line and you’re done.
How do you draw a sunflower step by step?
How do you paint sunflower petals in acrylic?
How do you paint sunflower rocks?
How do you paint a perfect flower?
What are some easy things to paint?
- Paint the Scottish landscape.
- Paint the relaxing barque.
- Paint this beautiful lightning.
- Paint the little girl picking shells.
- Paint the cute pug.
- Paint the modern Colourful cat.
- Starry Night Paint by Numbers.
- Paint the Colourful lion.
What are some cool things to paint on?
- Canvas. Canvas is commonly used as a painting surface and offers many advantages: it’s absorbent, has a wonderful fabric texture, is lightweight and portable.
- Paper and Cardboard.
- Wood and Composite Panels.
- Patterned Fabric.
Do you add water to acrylic paint?
How do I find something to paint?
How should a beginner paint landscape?
- Using more delicate brushwork compared to the rest of the painting.
- Using brighter colors.
- Using more saturated colors.
- Creating sharp contrast in colors or values.
- Using more crisp brushwork or using palette knives.
What are the 7 different forms of art?
What are the 10 different forms of art?
Ads by Google