SoundCloud is a great platform for music listeners, creators, and curators.
It provides its audience with tools that can help them grow their careers in musicSoundCloud is a music sharing app and a platform that allows you to share your music by uploading it on your accountYou can also listen to music covers and mashups created by other people on the platform.
It also allows you to make your playlist by keeping the collection of music you like. The app/website has almost twenty million different users from more than 150 countries that share almost 190 million tracks. It is available for both laptops/desktops and mobile devices and offers both free and paid memberships.
If you are a music creator, SoundCloud allows you to easily record and upload your music to your account and share that with your friends. You can also share it on different social platforms so the people around the world can listen to them. SoundCloud makes your music accessible to other artists and listeners that allows you to get more visibility of your work. Moreover, if you want to become a listener on SoundCloud you can follow different creators and artists on the app and enjoy their music. You can also save the music you like on the app by liking them and get the recommendations of the related music. This post discusses the steps and the things you need to know before recording your music and uploading it on SoundCloud.
Recording Audio on SoundCloud
If you already have a recorded file saved in your mobile/computer, you are allowed to upload it on the SoundCloud; you can also record your track or music directly using your browser. Create an account on the platform to get started or log in to an already existing account. It should be noted that you cannot create content as a guest user; you must sign up with an email address.
Most of the computers that are used nowadays already have a built-in microphone. In case the quality of the microphone is not that great then you will need to connect an external microphone to your computer. Connect your mic to your laptop/desktop and see whether it’s working properly. We suggest you buy a mid-range headset that provides you with uninterrupted, clear sounds.
The Basic Steps for Recording Your Audio on Soundcloud Are:
- If you are on SoundCloud page there will be an upload button at the top of the screen and you have to click on that button. After clicking another page appears.
- Now on that page, there appears two options, upload the file or start a new recording. You have to click on start a new recording.
- Another page appears that has a button to start recording. Click on that button.
- There appears a popup that asks you to permit SoundCloud to access the microphone. You have to click allow.
- Now there will be a button of recording, click that button and the recording will start.
- Record your voice by keeping the microphone close for the good quality.
- When you have completed the recording click the stop button.
- If you want to listen to what you have recorded click the play button and if you are not okay with it you can start again and delete the previous one.
- If the like your recording you can upload it by clicking the upload button.
- Now the page appears where you can add the details of your recording.
- You can change the title by adding something that describes your music and you can add information as much as you want in the description field.
- To upload any image, click on the upload image button and that image will appear when someone plays your music or you post it anywhere on a social platform.
- Describe the genre of your track in the genre field.
- Add the tags that describe your track.
- Go to settings and choose your audience whether you want your track to be Private or Public. If you select public then everyone on SoundCloud will be able to access your track and if you choose private then you will be only one find your music.
- By clicking on advanced settings you can choose different options. You can restrict anyone from downloading your track by clicking on “Disable Downloads”. To control the sharing of your track on other web sites, you can disable the “Display embed code publicly” option.
- You can share your tracks on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. simply by checking the boxes next to their icons. Your tracks will automatically upload on social media applications if you’ve connected your SoundCloud app to those apps while creating an account.
- Now click save and you track will appear on the page.
The SoundCloud app is very user-friendly and easy to use. Moreover, it also allows its users to enjoy and create their music. Artists uploading their music can receive compliments from others that give them confidence which helps them to grow even more. SoundCloud has a huge community of music lovers that support each other and enjoy the work of others. It is certainly a great way to get your talent recognized and move up in the music world.