Share Your Instagram Posts
- Launch your Instagram app on your Android or iOS device.
- When you get to your account’s home page, tap on your profile tab located at the bottom-right corner of the screen. This takes you to your profile page.
- After that, tap on the post that you’d like to share from your story highlights. Doing so opens the post into a full view.
- Next, tap on the three-dotted icon located on the upper right corner of the post. By doing that, a menu will appear on the screen.
- From the menu, tap on the “Share to…” option. It’s the third option from the top of the list. This prompts many sharing options to appear. Based on the options, you can share your Instagram post to Facebook post, Tweet, WhatsApp, and even back to Instagram.
- Choose the platform to which you want to share your post. If you choose Facebook, you’ll be prompted to choose whether either to post to the Instagram post to My Story or Feed. Select an option,
- Post the Instagram post that you’ve just shared. And that’s it.
If you’re looking for how to share your Instagram posts effortlessly without requiring third-party’s, then this is the best bet for you.
Repost Instagram Posts In Which You’ve Been Tagged
Since the time Instagram rolled out, the feature known as “@Sharing,” reposting stories that you’ve been mentioned in, has become pretty effortless. However, you must have a public profile and updated Instagram 48. With that in mind, we’ll take you through the steps of using the feature. Shall we start? Well, below are the steps.
- Tap on the mention or tagged story notification sent to you to open it as a sticker
- After that, tap on the “Add post to my story” and proceed as you’d share any other Instagram story.
- Edit the post and add filters to make it attractive. You can use a sassy comment as well as a tag back.
Repost Instagram Posts That You Are Not Tagged In
Option 1: Use A Screenshot
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone. Doing so will load your account’s homepage if already logged in. If not yet signed in, enter your login details when prompted to gain access to your Instagram account.
- On your Instagram home, scroll through the Feed to locate the post you’d wish to share with your Instagram Story.
- After that, tap on the paper plane-like icon resembling this . It’s located at the bottom left of the post. Hitting on that icon prompts anew screen to open.
- On the new screen, tap on the “Add post to your story” located on the upper part of the screen. It’s just below the search bar. Tapping on that opens another screen with the post on editing mode with two circular icons at the bottom left of the screen.
- With that done, tap on the “Send to” button located on the lower right of the screen. Doing that takes you to a new screen where you’ll have two options to share the post. The first option is to “Your Story,” and the second option is sharing with your “Close Friends.” Also, you’ll see the blue “Send” button to the right of your followers’ names.
- Next, tap on the blue “Share” icon located to the right side of the “Your Story.” Prompts the post to load and get ready.
- Lastly, hit on the blue “Done” button to get the post shared to your Instagram Story. Sounds simple? Of course, it is.
- Start by tapping on the Instagram icon on your home screen or app drawer to get it launched. If you cannot find the Instagram app on your phone, you can try using the search function on the home screen to find it. If you’re already signed in, you should get to Instagram Feed by tapping on the app.
- When you get to the Instagram homepage Feed, scroll down the posts to get to the post that you’d wish to report. Only scroll down if the post you’re looking for doesn’t appear at the top. If the content was posted sometimes earlier and you know the name of the account that posted it, you can search for the account instead. And then tap on the name from the search result to get to the profile.
- When you get to the post, adjust it so that it appears balanced on your screen. This allows you to take a screenshot capturing all the details of the job.
- Take a screenshot. The method that you’ll use to take a screenshot will depend on the type of smartphone that you’re using.
- On Android: Press and hold on the power and volume button at once for a second. If this fails to work on your smartphone, you can swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on the “Screenshot” icon from the options.
- On iPhone & iPad: Press and hold on the single button on the right side of the iPhone and the Home button at once for iPhone 8 and the earlier versions. Or Press and hold on the only button on the right side of the iPhone and the volume-up button simultaneously until a flash appears on the screen.
- Having done that, tap on this + icon located on the lower center of the screen. This opens a new screen for creating a new Instagram post.
- Next, tap on the “Gallery” or “Library” tab located on the lower-left corner of the screen. Depending on the type of smartphone you’re using, you can find one of the two options. By doing so, the stored photos will appear on the screen.
- Select your screenshot by tapping on it. It’s marked with a bit whitish shade. Alternatively, you can tap on the “Gallery” drop-down and select “Screenshots” from the list of options displayed.
- Crop the screenshot. To do that, you can use two fingers to expand it or reduce the size of the screenshot. When impressed with the final look of your screenshot, tap on the “Next” button located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- After that, add filters to your newly crafted image. To do that, tap on the “Filter” button on the bottom-left of the screen. If you’re not interested in using the filter, tap on the “Next” button located on the upper right corner of the screen.
- When done with that, it’s now time to add a caption to your post. To do that, tap in the “Write a caption…” box located on the upper part of the screen. In your caption, remember to mention the creator of the content and mention that you’re reposting their work. This can save you from the imminent copyright infringement law. With that done, you’re just a click away from getting your post online.
- Lastly, tap on the “Share” button on the upper right corner to get the content you’ve created posted to Feed. And that’s it. Even though the process seems lengthy, it’s pretty easy to follow after the first trial.
Option 2: Use Screen Recording
This method works pretty well if all that you’re looking for is to record a video posted to the Instagram story. However, you should still mention the original creator of the content in your repost to appreciate and promote his or her work.
- Now, start by launching your Instagram app.
- After that, locate the video you’d wish to record.
- Next, swipe down from the top edge of the screen and head to the quick access menu.
- Locate the screen recording function icon and tap on it. Doing so opens the app.
- Choose whether to record video and audio or just video alone.
- When through with the settings, you can tap on the green “Start recording” link at the lower part of the screen. Doing so will prompt a video of the playing video to be recorded.
- Swipe down the screen and tap on the screen recorder to stop recording. This saves the video to your mobile phone storage. From here, you can upload, trim, edit, and post the video to your story, just like you would do with any other prerecorded video.
Option 3: Download and Save Instagram story— Using Download Gram
This method helps you to download Instagram videos on mobile and computer without having to download an app for the task. All you should do is follow the steps below.
- Launch your Instagram app or head to instagram.com, login in with your details if prompted. This takes you the homepage Feed.
- Scroll through the Feed to find the story post that you’d wish to download and repost.
- With that done, tap on the dotted icon on the upper right corner of the post. This pulls up a menu.
- Tap on the “Copy Link” option from the menu. Doing so copies the link to the clipboard.
- With that done, navigate to https://downloadgram.com/.
- Paste the link in the provided box.
- Lastly, hit on the “Download” button below the URL field. Doing so prompts another “Download” button just below the first one.
- Tap on the second download button to start off the downloading process.
- You can find the video in the default download folder on the computer and in the gallery if you used a smartphone to download the video post.
- Having done that, navigate to the Instagram home on your mobile app and tap on this + icon located on the bottom center of the screen. This opens a new post screen.
- Next, tap on the “Gallery” or “Library” tab found on the lower-left corner of the screen. Depending on the type of smartphone you’re using, you’ll find one of the two options presents. By doing so, the stored photos on your device will be displayed on the screen.
- Select your video you’ve just downloaded by tapping on it. This prompts the video to play.
- Tap on the “Next” button located on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Add filters to the video and trim it if it’s longer than 15 seconds. Tap on the “Next” button located on the upper-right corner of the screen when done with working on the video.
- Next, add a caption to your post. To do that, tap in the “Write a caption…” box located on the upper part of the screen. In your caption, give credit to the creator of the content and mention that you’re reposting their work. This can save you from the imminent copyright infringement issues and penalties.
- Lastly, tap on the “Share” button on the upper right corner to get the content you’ve created posted to Feed. And that’s it. Voila!
Note: Apart from the Download Gram, there are other alternative sites that you can try out should you find this not interesting to you. They include InstaOffline, Download.photo, and InstaSave for Android and iTunes.
How do I share my story on someone’s story?
- Step 1: When you tag a user in your story @mention, sharing is initiated.
- Step 2: A pop-up will appear saying, ‘mentioned users may repost this story for 24 hours. ‘
- Step 4: Before posting the final content, you can either crop it or add any filters you want.
Can you repost an Instagram story you’re not tagged in?
How do you repost a story you’re tagged in?
- Open Instagram and tap the messages icon.
- Select the message history between you and the Instagram user who tagged you in their story.
- Edit the repost then tap “Next.”
- Choose how you want to post it and who you want to see it through the “Share” or “Send” options.
How do you repost a story you weren’t tagged in?
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device and locate the Instagram post you want to share.
- Tap the paper airplane icon > Add post to your story.
- The post now appears embedded in a new Instagram story.
- Tap Your Story to publish as a new Instagram story.
Why can’t I repost someone’s story?
How do you share someone else’s story on Instagram without being tagged 2021?
How do you repost someone’s story on Instagram 2020?
- Open Instagram and find a photo or video to repost. Open your Instagram app and find the post you want to repost.
- Paste the post’s share URL into DownloadGram.
- Download the post.
- Open Instagram and find the photo or video in your camera roll.
- Add a caption and share your repost.