Sometimes, when you have a problem with your phone and you have tried everything else to fix it but no avail, you can reset your phone. In today’s article, we will discuss how to reset your LG phone. Read on!
How to use a key combination to reset the LG phone
It is the first method that allows you to reset your LG phone. Here are the steps that you can follow to reset your phone.
- Switch off your LG phone and then press/hold the volume down button along with lock or power key. (You can find the key at the back of your LG phone)
- Release the power key when you see the LG logo on the screen of your phone. Make sure you release the key just for a second. Continue holding and pressing the key.
- Release all keys when the screen shows the “Factory Hard” reset. Press the lock or power key to continue. (If you want to cancel the reset, you can press the volume key).
How to reset LG phone from Setting
It is one of the easiest methods to reset your LG phone. People usually use the technique when they have crashed their LG phones. Also, you can reset the phone from the settings when a third-party app makes problems. For example, when the phone is hanging or freezing, you can reset the phone. To do this:
- Go to the settings from the menu.
- Tap the “backup” menu.
- Choose the reset option.
- Tap “OK” to confirm the process.
We think you can use this method to reset your phone quickly. As you can see, the steps are quite easy and straightforward. The best thing about using this method is that you will not lose your data.
How to reset locked out LG phone
When your phone is locked out, you will use the option of factory reset. In most situations, when you forget the password of your phone, it will get locked out. So, in that case, you have to reset your phone. Now, we will tell you how to solve this problem quickly and easily.
We are going to tell you a simple way that you can use to reset your LG phone. You can use the android device to manage to carry out the process. It is best to erase your phone remotely.
Since you have used Google account to configure your android phone, which means you will use the same account on the android device manager to erase the phone. Here are the steps that you can follow to make this happen.
- First, sign in to your Google account on the device manager on android.com.
- Click on the arrow to select the device. Choose your device (in this case, it is the LG phone).
- Now, you will see the location of your phone.
- Once you have selected the phone, there are three options, such as “Erase,” “Lock,” and “Ring.”
- Click on the “Erase” button to delete your phone data permanently. The process will take a few minutes. So, be patient.
How to reset LG phone with android device manager
You can install the android device manager app on your LG phone. Then, you can use your Google account to configure the phone and erase the data. You can use the app to factory reset your LG phone. Here are the steps:
- Install the app on your LG phone.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Find the device and start configuring.
- Select your LG phone.
- Choose the “Erase” option to delete the data on your phone.
You have to make a backup for your LG phone before you carry out the process. Factory reset means losing all data on your LG phone. So, before the reset, you have to create a backup.
You can do this using any third-party apps like Dr. Fone to recover the lost data. The other way is to connect your phone to the PC and copy all the files. In case you are unable to connect it, then you will use the option of recovery software.
There are various apps available online. Most of them are free. However, the free versions will not do the job accurately. On the other hand, you can use Dr. Fone software. It has excellent features, such as android backup and reset.
So, you can trust the app to quickly backup your data on the LG phone. The software is widely used by android users to recover their files. The best feature of this software is that it can create a backup for all types of data on your PC and android phone.
People reset their phones when they undergo some technical issues. We have explained different methods to reset your LG phone. Make sure you choose a method that can accurately solve the problem. Don’t forget to create a backup before you reset your phone.
How do I hard reset my LG phone?
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > General tab > Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset to erase all data and restore default settings.
- Tap RESET PHONE > Delete all to perform a factory reset. Your device will restart when the reset is complete.
How do I unlock my LG phone if I forgot my pin?
How do I unlock my LG phone if I forgot my passcode without losing data?
How do you unlock a phone without the PIN?
Can I unlock my phone myself?
How do you unlock a phone that has a password?
What is the master code to unlock any phone?
What is this code * * 4636 * *?
|*#*#4636#*#*||Display information about Phone, Battery and Usage statistics|
|*#*#7780#*#*||Restting your phone to factory state-Only deletes application data and applications|
|*2767*3855#||It’s a complete wiping of your mobile also it reinstalls the phones firmware|
What’s my network unlock code?
Basically there are 3 types of PIN numbers that your android device could be requesting.
|NCK: PUK: SPCK: MCK: SCK:||Network Control Key Pin Unlock Key Service Provider Control Key Master Control Key (known as Unfreeze code) Secondary Control Key|
What are Android secret codes?
|*#06#||Displsys IMEI number|
|*#*#8351#*#*||Enables voice dialing logging mode|
|*#*#8350#*#*||Disables voice dialing logging mode|
|##778 (+call)||Brings up Epst menu|
Why is * * 4636 * * not working?
What does *# 21 * do?
What is *# 0011?
What is the use of *# 9900?
What happens when you type *# 0 *#?
To get the ball rolling, simply open your Samsung’s phone app. From there, enter *#0*# using the dial pad, and the phone will immediately go into its secret diagnostic mode.
What is *# 61 used for?
On my Galaxy phone, this code prompted a pop-up that let me know how long until a call is forwarded to the message center.