Send a Message On Instagram Direct
Instagram Direct is a messaging service that allows you to send messages, videos, and photos to an individual or a group of people. More interestingly, the messages do not appear in search, Feed, or your profile. If you’d wish to start sending messages on Instagram Direct, the following steps are more than useful.
- Start by launching your Instagram app on your mobile. To do so, tap on the multi-colored Instagram app icon located on either the home screen for iPhone & iPad or app drawer for Android phones. By doing that, you should get to your Instagram account home.
- After that, navigate to the top-right corner of the screen and tap on a paper-like icon resembling this. Doing so will prompt Instagram Direct to open. This is the messaging service used on Instagram. Since you might not find this icon if you’re not on the homepage, tap on the home-like icon on the bottom left of the screen before tapping on the Instagram Direct icon.
- With that done, tap on the chart icon resembling thislocated on the top-right corner next to the video corner icon.
- Doing so will open the “New message” field on the upper part of the screen. Also, a list of suggested people will appear. You can tap on your recipient’s contact (s) if it appears on the list. If you intend to start a group message, you can add multiple accounts to the “To:” field just below the “New message” field.
- After adding the account(s) you want to open a chat with, hit on the “Chat” option found on the top-right of the screen. Doing so opens a new chat screen where you can compose your messages and channel to your recipients.
- Start composing your message in the text field provided and then hitting on the “Send” button. Also, you can record audio, add images, or add a GIF to your chart and post. Besides that, you can tap on the blue camera icon that looks like this to add disappearing photos and videos.
Below are the steps for adding each of the mentioned.
- Record and post audio
Tap and hold on the microphone icon located at the bottom right of the screen. As soon as you release the recording, the audio will automatically get posted.
- Upload a photo or a video
To upload a photo or a video, tap on the gallery icon resembling this located at the bottom right of the screen. After that, select the photo or video you’d like to share on Instagram and then tap on the blue “Send” bar that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Send disappearing photos and videos
To do that, tap on this icon located on the lower-left side of the screen. Doing so will open your device’s camera. With that done, you can take a photo or record a video. As soon as the image is captured, you’ll see the “Send” option appear below the recipient(s) profile image(s). On this screen, you can also set other things, such as how many times you want the recipient to view the image or video. Also, you can allow reply or deny, and be able to send the post to others.
And that’s pretty much of what you should know.
Send Message On Instagram From Your Recipient’s Profile
- Open your Instagram app to get to your Instagram account home.
- After that, tap on the search tab located at the bottom of the screen. Doing so prompts a search bar to appear.
- Tap in the search field and then type in the name of the person you want to send a message. This prompts the name to appear below the search field.
- Tap on the name to get to the recipient’s profile.
- On the recipient’s profile, tap on the “Message” tab located below the profile picture. By doing so, a new message screen will open. Afterward, you can compose a message and add photos, audio, videos, and stickers whenever you wish.
- When through composing the message, you can hit on the “Send” button to get the message delivered.
Send Message On Instagram On PC
- Launch your Preferred PC browser and head to https://www.instagram.com/.
- Login with your details if prompted to get to your Instagram account home.
- After that, navigate to the upper right side of the screen and click on the paper airplane. Doing so takes you to a new window.
- If the contact you want to send a message to doesn’t appear in the list of the recently contacted names in the left panel, type the name in the “Search” box. This is located on the upper part of the screen.
- Click on the name or names that you’d wish to send a message. Doing that opens a chat window.
- After that, you can start composing your message. You can also add photos to your message by clicking on the gallery icon to select photos from your computer.
- Hit on the “Send” button to get your message delivered.
If you were looking for the easiest way to send an Instagram message on a PC, then this might have offered a solution to your problem.
Send a Message On Instagram On Mac
Since there is no native Instagram app for Instagram, sending a message might not be as direct as you would wish. But that should worry you as other third-party apps can help you do that effortlessly.
- Download and install the Flume app foe Mac.
- After that, open your app and carry out some adjustments, such as resizing or changing to a 3×3 grid. Besides that, you can navigate to the bottom to view more functions.
- Click on the paper airplane-like DM icon located on the bottom right of the window. By doing that, you should get to a new window.
- Click on in the search bar and type in the name of the recipient.
- Tap on the name of the recipient to whom you want to send a message.
- Compose the message. You can also include photos and emoji to your message.
- Hit on the “Enter” button on your keyboard to send the message.
Note: Flume works more like Instagram on your mobile phone. Therefore, theirs is nothing to worry about.
Can you send a private message on Instagram?
How can I send a direct message on Instagram?
- Go to the profile you’d like to send as a message.
- Tap (iPhone) or (Android) in the top right, then select Share this Profile.
- Search for and select the person or group you’d like to send the profile to (up to 32 people).
- Tap Send.
How can I message on Instagram?
- In the Instagram app, find and open the profile page of the person you want to message.
- Tap “Message.”
- Enter the message and add an image, video, audio, or Giphy if you want.
- When you’re ready to send it, tap “Send.”