Share Instagram Post On Story
Sharing other people’s posts on your story is a great way to gain a significant following. Whether there’s vital information to be shared with the public or just want to keep your followers informed and entertained, this trick works pretty well. Wondering how to make it work for you? Well, let’s get to the steps:
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone. Doing so will load your account’s homepage if already logged in. If not yet signed in, enter your login details when prompted to gain access to your Instagram account.
- On your Instagram home, scroll through the Feed to locate the post you’d wish to share with your Instagram Story.
- After that, tap on the paper plane-like icon resembling this. It’s located at the bottom left of the post. Hitting on that icon prompts anew screen to open.
- On the new screen, tap on the “Add post to your story” located on the upper part of the screen. It’s just below the search bar. Tapping on that opens another screen with the post on editing mode with two circular icons at the bottom left of the screen.
- With that done, tap on the “Send to” button located on the lower right of the screen. Doing that takes you to a new screen where you’ll have two options to share the post. The first option is to “Your Story,” and the second option is sharing with your “Close Friends.” Also, you’ll see the blue “Send” button to the right of your followers’ names.
- Next, tap on the blue “Share” icon located to the right side of the “Your Story.” Prompts the post to load and get ready.
- Lastly, hit on the blue “Done” button to get the post shared to your Instagram Story. Sounds simple? Of course, it is.
Note: You can only share posts on public profiles and those that have no re-posting feature set on them. If you’d wish to immune your post against re-posting, the process is pretty simple and doesn’t require you to be a tech expert to work it out. If you’re sure to protect your post from being shared, you needn’t worry as we’ve made it effortless in the steps below.
- Find the Instagram app icon on your home screen or in your app drawer and tap on it. Doing so will direct you to your Instagram homepage if already logged in.
- On your Instagram home, tap on the profile tab located at the bottom right corner of the screen. Doing so will open your profile page.
- On the profile page, tap on the icon resembling a square and three horizontal lines located at the top-right of the screen.
- With that done, tap on the “Settings” located near the bottom of the screen. This opens the “Settings” menu.
- Tap on the “Privacy” from the list of options. Doing so opens the “Privacy” menu on a new page.
- With that done, tap on the “Story” option under the “Interaction” section. Doing so opens another list of options.
- Scroll down the “Story” menu and toggle on the button on the right of the “Allow Resharing to Stories.” It’s found under the “Sharing” section located somehow in the middle of the list. With that done, your followers will be able to share your posts.
If you’re looking for how to allow sharing of your Instagram posts, this is the ultimate way to get it done pretty fast.
Share Instagram Post On To Facebook
Option 1: On mobile
- Launch your Instagram app on your smartphone. This takes you to your Instagram homepage if already logged in.
- After that, browse down the Feed to find the post you want to share to Facebook.
- When you find the post, tap on the three-dotted icon located on the top-right corner of the screen. Doing so opens a list of options.
- From the options displayed, tap on the “Share to…” option. By doing that, you should see many platforms appear, with Facebook being one of them.
- After that, tap on the “Facebook” icon. This will share the post to your Facebook wall, waiting for you to post.
- Add comments to the shared post in the text field above the post. However, this step is optional, and there wouldn’t be any effect if you skip it.
- Finally, tap on the “Post” option found on the upper right corner of the Facebook page. Doing so will post your shared content to Facebook.
More interestingly, you can use this method to share Instagram posts to other social media platforms such as What’s App, and Twitter.
Option 2: On a web browser
- Head to instagram.com and log in to your Instagram account with your details if not logged in automatically. By doing so, you’ll get to your account homepage
- Scroll down the Feed to find the post that you’d wish to share to Facebook if it doesn’t appear on the first page.
- Next, click on the paper plane-like icon located at the bottom left of the post. By doing that prompts a pop-up menu to appear on the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, click on the “Share to Facebook” option. It’s the second option in the list. This causes the post to be posted to Facebook. You can add a comment to the photo, though not necessary.
- After that, click on the blue drop-down for “Share to News Feed of Story.”
- Finally, click on the blue “Post to Facebook” bar located at the bottom of the screen to get the post you’ve shared posted.
Note: This method can also be great for sharing Instagram posts to Twitter without hassle.
Share Your Instagram Posts
- Launch your Instagram app on your Android or iOS device.
- When you get to your account’s home page, tap on your profile tab located at the bottom-right corner of the screen. This takes you to your profile page.
- After that, tap on the post that you’d like to share from your story highlights. Doing so opens the post into a full view.
- Next, tap on the three-dotted icon located on the upper right corner of the post. By doing that, a menu will appear on the screen.
- From the menu, tap on the “Share to…” option. It’s the third option from the top of the list. This prompts many sharing options to appear. Based on the options, you can share your Instagram post to Facebook post, Tweet, Whats app, and even back to Instagram.
- Choose the platform to which you want to share your post. If you choose Facebook, you’ll be prompted to choose whether either to post to the Instagram post to My Story or Feed. Select an option,
- Post the Instagram post that you’ve just shared. And that’s it.
If you’re looking for how to share your Instagram posts effortlessly without requiring third-party’s, then this is the best bet for you.
Three Reasons Why You Might Not Be Able To Share Instagram Posts To Story
Are you having a problem sharing Instagram to your Facebook? Well, we’ve got covered. Below are some of the proven reasons.
- Private Instagram account
Any post from a private Instagram profile cannot be re-posted on Instagram or shared to other social platforms. However, you can cheat this situation by taking a screenshot of the post, editing, and then sharing with whichever platform of your choice.
- The Instagram user might have disabled the sharing permission for his/her posts
Like it is for the private Instagram account, you can take a screenshot of the post, edit, and then pot. It does work that way.
- Due to the app upgrade in progress
The resharing feature might be missing on your mobile phone due to an upgrade in progress. But the good news is that this can get easily fixed by downloading and installing a newer Instagram version.
If you really love sharing Instagram stories, the above procedures give endless opportunities to share Instagram posts across devices and platforms.