Share Instagram Video On Story Using Instagram App
- Head to your iPhone or iPad’s home screen and locate the multicoloured-camera-like Instagram icon. Alternatively, you can find the app in the app drawer if using an Android smartphone.
- After locating the Instagram app icon on your phone, tap on it to launch it. Doing so prompts the app to load and direct you to your account homepage.
- On your account home page, navigate to the top-left corner of your screen and tap on the camera icon with Instagram next to it. Alternatively, you can swipe to the right side of the screen from anywhere in the Feed. Doing so prompts your camera to open.
- After that, navigate to the bottom center of the screen and locate this
- Long hold on the circular icon to record a video.
- Release it when through with recording your video. If you’d wish to upload a pre-recorded video from your phone, you can swipe up from any part of the screen.
- Next, tap on the , or . This option allows you to add text, draw, or add a sticker to your video.
- If you’d wish to remove a text, or sticker, drag and then drop it on the delete button , it’s found on the lower part of the screen.
- When you feel impressed with the final content you’ve created, you can go ahead and hit on the “Your Story” located on the lower left of your screen. This option has your profile picture. By doing that, your videos will be posted to your Instagram story. If you’re looking for how to share Instagram videos to your story, this method could be the easiest way to go.
Now, with your video posted, the next question might be, “How can I delete a video from my Instagram story?” Well, we’ve heard it from you. To delete the uploaded video from my story, follow the steps below.
- On your Instagram home, tap on this tab located at the bottom-right of the screen. This will takes you to your profile page.
- After that, tap on any video post you’d like to delete.
- With that done, tap on the three-dotted icon on the top-right corner of the post.
- Finally, hit on the “Delete” option. This will prompt a pop-up confirmation box to appear on the screen.
- From the pop-up box, tap on the “Delete” option to confirm the changes. And that’s it!
Note: If you post a video to your story, it will remain active for 24 hours only. After that, it will disappear from the Feed, Profile, and direct inbox. If you’d wish to keep them active past the 24-hour limit, you can add them as highlights.
Share Instagram Videos On WhatsApp
- Head to your Instagram Feed and browse for the video post you’d wish to share with WhatsApp.
- When you get to the post, tap on the three dots icon located on the top-right corner of the post. By doing that prompts a menu to appear on the screen.
- From the pop-up menu on the screen, tap on the “Share to…” option. Doing so opens a screen with many sharing platforms to which you can share your Instagram video.
- From the options displayed, tap on the green “WhatsApp” icon. This loads your WhatsApp and prompts it to open.
- On your WhatsApp account, you can select specific contacts with whom you’d to share the Instagram post. You should also see the green “My status” on top of the list.
- Tap on the “My Status” to share the video to the WhatsApp. Doing so leaves a checkmark on the green “Status” icon.
- Next, tap on the green button with a right-pointing arrow. By doing so, the video is transferred to the editing tool to allow you to add stickers, text, and others.
- Edit the video and make it more impressive.
- Post the video to your WhatsApp status. Doing so will post your video to your WhatsApp. Afterward, the video will be visible to all your WhatsApp friends. It’s as simple as such.
Share Instagram Video On Facebook
On Android and iOS Smartphones
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone. To do that, tap on the Instagram app icon located on your mobile phone’s home screen. Doing so will take you to Instagram Feed if you’re already logged in. If not yet, use your username, email, or phone, and a password to log in to the account.
- Scroll through the Instagram Feed to locate the video that you want to share to Facebook.
- When you get to the video, tap on the three-dotted icon located on the upper left corner of the post. Doing so will open a pop-up menu on the screen.
- From the menu that has just appeared, tap on the “Share to…” option. This opens another screen full of social platforms on which you can share your video.
- From the options, tap on the Facebook icon. It’s a white “f” with a blue background for Facebook. Your video will get transferred to Facebook preview pane.
- Add a comment to the video before getting it posted. Even though this step is optional, adding a comment can make your readers understand the video better. Also, you can change the privacy settings of your post.
- When done with that, hit on the “POST” located on the upper right of your mobile screen. Doing so posts your video to your Facebook profile. Sounds easy? Of course, it’s a pretty straightforward procedure.
On Instagram web
- Head to instagram.com and log in to your account using your email, phone, or username and a password. By doing so, you’ll automatically get to Instagram Feed.
- Comb through the Feed to find a video to share. When you get to the video, there are two options for starting. First, you can click on the three-dotted icon at the top-right corner of the post. Secondly, you can click on the paper plane icon located at the bottom left of the post. If you follow either of the routes, a pop-up menu will appear on the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, click on the “Share to Facebook” option. Doing so will copy the video to your Facebook wall.
- Add comments and change the privacy settings of the post. After that, you can choose whether to post the video in your story or on the News Feed.
- When impressed with what you’ve done, hit on the blue “Post” bar located at the bottom of the screen. And that’s it.
Share Instagram Video to Snapchat
- Launch your Instagram and head to Instagram Feed if logged it automatically.
- Scroll through the news Feed and located the video you intend to share.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon on the upper-right corner of the post. By doing that, a pop-up menu will appear.
- From the pop-up menu, tap on the “Share to…” option. It’s the fourth option on the list. With that done, a number of platforms to which you can share your Instagram video will appear.
- From the options, tap on the “” It’s has a bell-like icon with a yellow background. This takes you to a list of contacts to which you can share the content.
- Select the contact to share with the content by tapping on it. Doing that highlights the contact in blue with an arrow head-like blue button with a white background located on the left side of the contact.
- Tap on the blue send button with a white background to get the video shared with your selected recipient.
Note: The method only shares a link to the Instagram video but not the video itself. Therefore, when the recipient taps on the link, he/she will be redirected to the Instagram post containing the video.