Laughing is one of the most beautiful expressions of our emotions.
But there are different types of situations when we need to control our laughing so that you can adapt to the situation properlyYou can actually stop laughing by following some tipsOtherwise, there may be huge problems with this.
How to Stop Laughing at Your Own Jokes?
Many people are experts in telling jokes. But it is a very regular incident to some of them that they burst into a laugh while they are telling the jokes. This is very harmful to your image and the whole situation may get spoiled due to it. So when you are telling a joke, you need to stop laughing at them.
- The first thing you can do is to practice the presentation properly. Initially, you will definitely laugh on them but as you will start practicing the presentation then you will eventually overcome the problem.
- You need to focus on the content and not on the laughter material of the joke. Most of the jokes are based on demeaning some other person. So imagine yourself as the person demeaned and then you will easily be able to control laughing on the joke.
How to Stop Laughing for No Reason?
Some people laugh for no reason and that makes situations adverse to them sometimes. To stop laughing without any reason, you can follow the steps here.
- Many a time people laugh out of the cause to defend their tension or fear in the subconscious mind. Then you need to ask yourself, what is the situation really worth fearing?
- Concentrate on the seriousness of the situation through what you are going through right now.
- Stop imagining funny avatars of the person talking to you.
- Start practicing to control your laughter while you are talking to some of your close friends or your family members.
- If all these tricks don’t work for you, then you need to consult a doctor who can help you out to bring out the reason from your mind.
How to Stop Laughing when High?
Laughing while high is a common phenomenon. You laugh in your unconscious mind when you are high at a particular event and that continues till the time you stay high. But to control the laughter while high, you need to practice some of the things so that you can stop laughing at that moment.
- Try to divert your mind to some other incident that isn’t of so much fun. It will generate negative thoughts to your mind and will help you not to laugh.
- You can also start munching things or start eating to stop smiling. While you are high, you can start eating hot chilies so that you don’t even think of laughing.
How to Stop Laughing at School?
Try to distract your mind from the incidents that make you laugh. You can pinch yourself to get some pain to stop laughing.
- Start counting from 100 to 1 to calm your urge of laughing.
- You can start singing a song in your mind.
- Start nodding your head such that you are denying laughing. You can also lick your lips or exhale slowly.
Why can’t I Stop Laughing Sometimes?
Laughing is a cognitive behavior that comes spontaneously from the subconscious mind. Sometimes we keep reminding some of the incidents that tickle our mind and we start laughing. This causes us to laugh without any reason. If you won’t be able to stop thinking about these incidents in your subconscious mind, you won’t be able to stop laughing anyway.
How to Stop Nervous Laughter?
Nervous laughter is a defense mechanism of our subconscious mind to cope with the situation. To stop this unwanted situation you can think about the situation seriously. Most people laugh as they don’t get any way out of the situation. So when you will start thinking of the probable ways of getting out of the situation, then you’re nervous laughter will automatically stop.
How to Not Laugh on Stage?
To stop laughing on stage you should focus on the act. You can also think of your dialogs or the activities that you are going to perform next. The best way to stop laughing is to stop thinking that you are on stage. Think that you are in the rehearsal room.
What is the Cause of Uncontrollable Laughter?
The pseudobulbar effect can cause the sudden uncontrollable laughter of a person. It is actually a condition that causes episodes of sudden laughter and crying which can go beyond the control of the person. Some injuries in the nervous system also can cause this kind of uncontrollable laughter or cry.
Why do I Laugh in Serious Situations?
Laughing in serious conditions is a symptom of nervous laughter which has a direct relation with the reaction against stress, strain, confusion, and anxiety. It is actually a fake form of laughter and it eventually occurs in awkward situations.
Is Laughing too Much Bad?
Laughing too much can cause you fainting, asthma, headache, and abdominal hernias. It can also lead to death.
- Stop thinking of funny incidents to stop laughing in inappropriate situations.
- Select some alternative behaviors to stop laughing in different situations.
- Too much laughing can even kill you.