We have many people around us whom we communicate daily but there are some situations in life that lead us to stop talking to a specific person. There are several reasons for stop talking to someone and when you need your space then it is very important to let the other person know that you don’t want to talk to him/her anymore.
Let’s discover several ways to stop talking to someone.
How to End Negative Relationships?
Well, if you have a strong feeling that the person you are bonded to is not going according to your will or due to any other reason you are not freely bonded with that person, then talk to them straight away.
· Tell Them that You Want to be Free from this Relation
Communication is the key to start or end relationships. You need to tell them that you want to be free and you need your space. This is completely your call, only you can free yourself from the negative relationships. If you don’t want to hurt that person then talk to them firmly.
· Just Write it Down and Deliver
If somehow, you feel uncomfortable to talk to that person straight away, then no worries. Just write down your feelings on a letter (either online or offline that is totally up to you) and deliver that. This will help you to relax as you won’t be there when that person is reading your letter.
· Delete the Contact from Your Phone
If you feel like talking about that person again and again, then you need to remove the phone number or any other social media contacts linking you to that particular person.
· Avoid that Person
If the person is passing by or revolving around you, then you must avoid that person. And even then if that person is trying to contact you then block them and change your path.
· Reverse the Role
We can do something that annoys that person. We can do some stuff like getting engaged in other activities that we are told not to do. This will help that person to think negatively about you and will automatically try to avoid you. This is known to reverse the activity that you are trying to do.
How to Stop Talking to Someone You Met Online?
This is a digital era, and we all have our social media friends. Some of us like to talk to our social media friends but due to some reasons, we have to avoid them.
Well, when it comes to stop talking to someone online and here are some tips you can see on YouTube, it is very simple. Some of the ways are:
· Write a Direct Short Note to End the Conversation
There are many ways to write down your feelings. You can choose to be rude or behave friendly even when you are ending the conversation. It feels awkward to say goodbye but on the other hand, it is very important to be specific about your feelings.
· Be Prepared with a Genuine Excuse to End the Conversation
If the person keeps responding to you and asks you the reason to stop talking then tell them straight away. Make up an excuse, but if you want to patch up again in the future then make a genuine one.
· Block the Person from that Platform
This step comes when that person is stubborn and distracts you or forces you to respond, and then block them on that platform. Make sure that mental peace is something that everyone must practice.
· Keep Yourself Busy
You can join some activities or hobbies that you like. This will help you to avoid contacting that person and will provide you mental peace.
How to Stop Talking to Someone without Hurting Them?
Well, we have discussed the ways that suggest we should block that person or delete their contact. This might hurt them, so let’s explore more ways to stop talking to someone without hurting their feelings.
· Avoid Contacting them When You are in Need
Sometimes, there are some situations where we need the help of people around us. We can avoid taking help from that person and stop using them. This will create a boundary that will strike to that person and soon they will come to know that you are not close to that person anymore.
· Avoid Sharing Your Secrets
Sharing your secrets is the key that leads to stronger bonds. And if you need to get rid of someone then you must have to keep your secrets with you only.
· Be Passive
When you are bonded to someone, you feel like being a part of an active conversation. When someone asks something like feedback or any other, just wait for some time and then reply. It is best to keep the conversation short.
· Learn to Say ‘No’
Try to refuse their offers and this behavior will let them know that something is going on in your head. They will be curious and will ask you what the reason behind this behavior is. Then you can spill out the reason and ask them that you don’t want to talk or you need a break.
· Take the Help of Someone
If you are feeling that you will not be able to do this alone then you can take the help of someone and bring them with you. You can take your sibling or a friend so that when you avoid that person, they will keep the space and will not do anything annoying.
Some Other Ways of how We can Stop Talking to Someone
There are so many other ways that we can implement to stop talking to someone we don’t like. They are as follows,
- Don’t respond actively. Just avoid when they are looking for you.
- Avoid their calls. If in case, a situation arises that you have to take the call then don’t talk friendly.
- If they are heading towards you just change your path.
- Don’t help them and either take their help. Ignore social media requests.
- Avoid eye contact and ignore as much as possible. You can also behave rudely just to stop talking to them.
- You can also use some gestures to pretend that you are not interested in talking to them.
- Pretend them you are sick of talking to them.
So here we go will all tips and tricks that we can apply to get rid of someone we don’t like.
- If we want to get rid of someone, then the very first thing is to keep our mind cool. We have to prepare ourselves that now; we don’t have to talk to this person. Also, we have to be robust about this feeling only then we can be successful to avoid them.
- Make sure that the person whom you don’t want to talk about is annoying you or passionate about you. Also, here, you need to think that you need a break i.e., you want to avoid them temporarily or it’s a permanent end of the relationship. After this, you need to take action accordingly.
- There are so many ways to stop talking to someone you dislike. But we have to be careful about the person’s personality. Here, we have to take care that the person is not having any key to blackmail you to talk to them. Otherwise, you can opt for numerous ways to get them the hell out of your life.
- Creating a huge distance is an effective way. This will increase the chances to let them know and they will automatically back off. Sometimes, we only need time to create a distance. There is a saying that ‘time is the healer as well as a destroyer’. So, from here we can get an idea of how to create distance and be free from the relationship.
How do you stop talking to someone without being rude?
- Leave the group. Give some reason for leaving.
- Change the subject. Ignore the question and start talking about something else.
- Be polite and powerful.
- Simply state the facts.
Is it OK to stop talking to someone?
How do you stop talking to someone you like?
What is the 3 month rule?
What is the 90 day rule in relationships?
What is the 30 60 day rule?
The purpose of the 30/60 day rule is to help consular officers determine whether the nonimmigrant willfully misrepresented a material fact regarding his or her intentions in obtaining a visa during the visa application process.