The arrival of the cold brings with itself the need to turn on the heater.
There are different situations with different heatersTherefore, there are different ways to learn how to turn on the heater.
How to Turn on the Heater in the Car
- Sit in the car and close all doors and windows. This will prevent the heat from escaping outside.
- Next, turn on the engine of the car. Whether your car operates with the twist of a key or push of a button, do that. This shall enable the process of learning how to turn on the heater in the car.
- Begin to drive your car. As the wind hits the car, the heating system responds well.
- Next, adjust the interior temperature of the car. The method for this will depend on the type of the car.
Method 1: If your car has a digital temperature board, look for the buttons that improve or decrease the temperature. Increase the temperature to the warmth you want before turning on the heater.
Method 2: If your car has a single knob signifying temperature control, twisting it to the right will raise the heat. While twisting anti-clockwise will reduce the heat.
Method 3: Some cars may have two knobs for temperature control. This divides the car into two portions; the driver’s side and the passenger’s side. If you want your entire car completely heated, twist both knobs in a clockwise direction to the fullest.
- Look for a ‘fan’ icon on the dashboard of the car. This is the heater for your car. If you want to learn how to turn on the heater in the car, look for this button and turn it on. However, again, different cars have different fan buttons.
Method 1: The fan button may in fact just be a button. Simply push it to turn it ‘on’, adjust the blower accordingly.
Method 2: The fan button may be like a knob with differing levels. ‘0’ indicates it is off. While turning the knob to your desired blower level will decide the distribution of heat in the car.
- An additional step to ensure easing and quick heating of the car; push the ‘Recirculation’ button. The car takes in air from the outside, heats it, and throws it inside. With recirculation, it heats the already heated air within. This makes it a faster method to make the car warm. Especially to be used if you are feeling very cold.
Now that you have learnt how to turn on the heater in your car, it is time to test it.
How to Turn on the Heater with Thermostat
- Search for the thermostat in your home. An electronic device, it shall it be attached with a wall.
- Make sure your hands are not wet. Since this is an electrical device, it is best to have dry hands. Clean your hands with a towel or cloth until they are fully dry.
- Next, examine the buttons on the face of the thermostat. Their will be a switch for fan, system, set, hold, and 2-3 more buttons. The total number of buttons and their organization is dependent upon the type of thermostat you have. Yet, most thermostats are operated the same way. Thus, we are going to learn one way how to turn on the heater with thermostat.
- Switch the ‘fan’ on. There will be 2 options with the fan: Auto and On. If you turn the switch to Auto, the fan only blows when either the heat or cooling is turned on. If you turn the fan switch to On however, it is manually turned on and the air will continue to blow until regulated to stop.
- Next, move to the air conditioning. Switch the ‘System’ switch to Heat since we are learning how to turn on the heater with thermostat. It will have 3 options: Cool, Heat, and Off. When the air conditioner isn’t cooling nor heating down the area, it is at the ‘off’ conditioning. However, to cool or heat up, it needs to be deviated from this stable condition.
- Look at the screen above these buttons. The screen will be displaying a temperature. This screen is an imperative part of the method to turn on the heater in your house. All previous settings (default and those you set) shall be displayed on the screen – easing regulating the air conditioning.
- There will be many buttons to the right of the screen. For you, the important ones are those with arrows pointing upwards and downwards. Use them to fix the temperature. Press the upward ones to increase the temperature, and downwards for vice versa. Fix the heating as per your liking.
- Your thermostat is now set, and your heater turned on.