Vizio is an independent contract, designer, and seller of television sets, soundbars, and monitors.
Originally from California, Vizio offers great entertainment using its SmartCast OS, for streaming, on-demand apps, free channels, and more.
Understand the Way the TV’s Interface Works
Most modern Vizio TV sets have smart features such as the ability to add and install apps such as Netflix, Hulu, and stuff. So, you do not need physical buttons anymore. Right but, this means not finding the remote leaves no way to turn on the TV as well.
- All Vizio TV sets have some built-in buttons, and there are more than a couple of ways to turn on your TV even without a remote. For example, look for the power button functionalities.
- The Vizio TV remote is easy to misplace but the TV itself has some hard to locate physical buttons. For example, at the back of the TV, or in the bottom-right corner, maybe on the bottom-left.
- So, understand the TV’s interface well. All these vary from model to model, so the first times you install the TV make sure to look for these from all angles.
- The power button is an always present button, and this will turn on your Vizio TV without a remote.
Remember Where Other Built-In Vizio Buttons are
The first thing one must do when installing the TV is to look around and check every angle and side of the TV. There may be small hidden buttons anywhere. For example, most Vizio TVs have at least volume buttons, channel change buttons, and input buttons as well.
- There is a reason Vizio tries to hide these buttons from plain sight, using its two-fold shutters. The first concern is aesthetics, something like Apple.
- The aesthetics clash with feasibility and convenience and the sleek and minimalist design, such as MacBook Air, would not be possible with ports, buttons, and stuff.
- The second reason is that built-in buttons are not meant to serve as primary navigation tools, for which you have the Vizio TV remote, bundled with the Smartphone App.
Turn on the Vizio TV Using the Smartcast App
The team is trying to encourage buyers to understand the functionalities of the remote and the app, which together unleash endless entertainment options. Many things are preloaded for sure, but that is not everything.
- The included app and remote are both highly efficient and convenient ways to control your television. It is just like a smartphone.
- The SmartCast app is available for all phones, for iOS and Android, and when you have misplaced your TV remote, you can use this app from your smartphone to work your way out.
- However, this means that you must connect the TV and your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi to enable connectivity, and you must know how to do that on your own.
- Then, there is also the VizioTV Remote app which gives you a digital version of your original remote, and it works the same way as your hardware remote would.
How to Connect Vizio TV to Wi-Fi with Universal Remote?
In order to use the smartphone as a remote, you would need an infrared port that many smartphones do not come with. These are universal remotes and work with any appliance and even Vizio TVs. Then, there are also hardware universal remotes that do the job the same way. But, without them, you have to rely on Wi-Fi as the only source of connectivity.
- In order to connect your Vizio TV to Wi-Fi of your in-home network, you need to use your Vizio remote, but because we assume here it is unavailable, you have to use a replacement or a universal remote.
- In case of a universal remote, first, you have to complete the Vizio Universal Remote setup, for the first use. To do this, you have to also use the physical Vizio TV buttons to power it on, and that means knowing the above tricks we have mentioned.
- Here is a highly-viewed video from YouTube that shows how universal remotes work and such will be your first setup as well.
1. Follow this General Setup to Complete the Connection
- Manually turn on your Vizio TV.
- Then, you have to press the TV or Power button and hold for 5 seconds when the LED flashes and you know you are good to proceed.
- Now, you can locate the programming code of the device, that is your TV, and enter it using the number buttons.
- Finally, point your Vizio Universal Remote Control, and using the code list press the power button ON. When the device powers off, the setup is complete.
- You can learn all about it from their official site.
2. Connect to Wi-Fi Network Using the Remote
Once you have completed the setup for the universal remote, physical, or through the smartphone app, it is time to follow the simple steps. Just like connecting your smartphone to a Wi-Fi network, you have to follow the same steps here.
- On the remote, press the Menu, and then select the ‘Network Menu’.
- Tap on ‘Ok’, and mind that these instructions appear on the TV’s screen.
- You have to choose the Network Connection it shows because there is a scanning antenna that looks for available Wi-Fi connections in proximity.
- Select the Wireless option, and select the home network you wish to connect it to. It is the SSID of the network.
- This will prompt you to enter the Wi-Fi password. Once you enter this, the Vizio TV should show the ‘Connected’ symbol just like your smartphone does.
- Universal remote apps come with a list of devices they support from various brands and stuff.
- You have to install the app on your smartphone, connect it to Wi-Fi, and use it as a remote.
- In other cases, you can use the infrared port to control the TV.
- Vizio TV’s remote is a device you can use to manage everything from re-settings the ‘Settings’ and many more functionalities. Because there are no hardware buttons that are easily accessible, it is best to have a universal remote or remote app.